Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Laptop around 400 Euro

Options
  • 13-12-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭

Looking for best value laptop for around 400 Euro (Max 450 inc shipping) either bricks and mortar or online.

Any recommendations ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/bestsellers

Check reviews of _anything_ you decide to buy - some amazing offers out there but they might have the touchpad/keyboard/annoying quirk from hell which would slowly drive you crazy

11.6 or 13.3 inch laptops will have a perfectly viewable screen, be more portable and generally have more battery life

The 15.6 inch + will be bigger and bulkier and less battery life in general, but perhaps more powerful, and obv bigger viewing screen

If you can't find online reviews from legit review sites, just check the model in amazon.co.uk or .com and check what buyers say about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hadn't heard of saveonlaptops.

Are they reliable ? Prices look very good !

I was shopping around recently for a netbook and settled on the newest version of the dell mini 10 as best value and spec for the price. To get the newest spec with a more powerful battery (which is a must have) you have to order it from dell directly, PC world don't seem to be carrying them. I think it was €350 delivered with an upgraded 250GB HDD and windows 7 starter edition, and they've sorted out any small bugs with keyboards, touchpads, etc from the earlier versions.

It seemed to get very good marks in all reviews i found. Just make sure you're looking at the newest model, i think its the one that comes in black only. There were small design niggles with the touchpad and battery on the earlier ones but they seem to have sorted those out on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Tesco Maynooth had a Lenovo bundle, (15'' machine, bag, printer, cds etc) for €450 there a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭torregolf

No delivery from saveonlaptops. Is this good value

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5083383.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭ozmo

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Looking for best value laptop for around 400 Euro (Max 450 inc shipping) either bricks and mortar or online.

Any recommendations ??

bit below what you want to pay... dont know if this is useful to you.

but PCWorld have a full sized laptop yesterday for very cheap 299 euros.

Dont remember brand name - didnt recognise it - but model number was 2200.
    Dont have full specs - but its intel graphics (ok suppose for gen windows stuff), 2G ram and 250G HD with dvd. gloss screen.
    Win7 Home.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

ozmo wrote: »
    bit below what you want to pay... dont know if this is useful to you.

but PCWorld have a full sized laptop yesterday for very cheap 299 euros.

Dont remember brand name - didnt recognise it - but model number was 2200.
    Dont have full specs - but its intel graphics (ok suppose for gen windows stuff), 2G ram and 250G HD with dvd. gloss screen.
    Win7 Home.
    Probably there own in house ''Advent'' brand I imagine.

Begin Countdown to boardsie tech heads coming in and p** p**ing said make/model.
    5, 4, 3.... :P

Advertisement