Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in HP

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Does anyone know if they are looking for software quality engineers?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭del_c

Has anyone heard from them in the last while?

I applied for a job mid Jan and didn't hear anything; I appreciate these things tend to happen very slowly sometimes in large organisations, but I'd be curious to know if anyone has been called for interviews in the last couple of weeks.

Slán

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Lots of interviews have happened and some have been offered jobs from it. Not sure the ratio

I think they are up to 50 (27 contingent->perm, 10 started recently, 13 more offered positions) now if the last batch that were offered positions accepted them.

They are looking to hire 75 so plenty of time yet

PM me if you're interested and I could refer you. Might speed up the process for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Hopefully they hire some more hot chicks to look during lunch in the canteen.
    Solyad wrote: »
    Hopefully they hire some more hot chicks to look during lunch in the canteen.
    Fixed your post

mmmm.... they could do with getting some half decent men to look at too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0408/380332-hewlett-packard-to-build-new-galway-facility/

Up to 150 construction jobs are to be created by computer giant Hewlett Packard during the building of a new facility for the company in Galway.
    The Ballybrit building will house its software research and development, cloud technology and business services.
    The company's 650 staff in Galway will transfer from their existing building in the city to the new 87,000 sq foot facility, which will have a capacity for up to 700 employees.
    The announcement was made in Galway this morning by John Hinshaw, HP's executive vice president of Global Technology and Operation at the company.
    The project is in the final stages of planning, and the company says when construction begins this year it will be one of the largest construction projects in the region.
    Martin Murphy, HP's Managing Director for Ireland, said the announcement is an endorsement of Galway as a strategic location of choice for HP and affirms its ongoing commitment to its operations here.
    HP currently employs around 4,500 people in Ireland, between its main campus in Leixlip, Co Kildare and its operations in Galway and Dublin. The company has expanded its presence here in recent years, through a series of expansions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If I'm reading that right there won't be any new jobs at HP itself? But work for construction workers during the build of the new offices?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

At least it probably means they're not going to shut up shop in the next couple of years...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The planning still hasn't gone through (even though Enda 'turned the sod' this morning). There is an objection from one of it's neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's a 2nd planning app submitted on 27-March, but there are no details about it in the council system as yet.

The objects from the neighhours are about building height and road access/layouts, they shoudl be able to be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

There isn't a lot new in today's announcements but having John Hinshaw here are a great sign of the company's commitment to the site. Seeing new faces here all the time so obviously there's a fair bit of recruiting going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Mr_A wrote: »
    There isn't a lot new in today's announcements but having John Hinshaw here are a great sign of the company's commitment to the site. Seeing new faces here all the time so obviously there's a fair bit of recruiting going on.

And a lot of people being made redundant also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

approached about an i.t business analyst role there, anyone doing similar or know of interview process?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

zweton wrote: »
    approached about an i.t business analyst role there, anyone doing similar or know of interview process?

I did an interview for a different position..or rather a job with a different title but I'd almost bet it's the same role. Do you have a link to the job spec? I worked there for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If it's thru an agency (as in you work for CPL etc, not HP) then the interview process is likely to be quite quick: one with the agent, one with the company. Depends on the position though - they had one recently which is very business-heavy, whereas others have been far more tech / data analyst.

Apart from doing some study on what's in the job description, make sure you know a bit about the company (be able to say a little about the split for instance). Note the Galway site will be part of HP Enterprise so being able to say a little about what the new company will do (servers, storage, networking, software, technology services etc) would be nice.

In our group there would generally be a more HR type interview with a manager and a technical interview with a couple of engineers, but this may well vary across the groups. Remember you don't have to tick every single box and that coming across as honest and easy to work with is as important as the technical stuff.

If it's thru an agency (as in you work for CPL etc, not HP) then the interview process is likely to be quite quick: one with the agent, one with the company. Depends on the position though - they had one recently which is very business-heavy, whereas others have been far more tech / data analyst.

this one is for an i.t business analyst, direct with HP.

Mr_A wrote: »
    Apart from doing some study on what's in the job description, make sure you know a bit about the company (be able to say a little about the split for instance). Note the Galway site will be part of HP Enterprise so being able to say a little about what the new company will do (servers, storage, networking, software, technology services etc) would be nice.

In our group there would generally be a more HR type interview with a manager and a technical interview with a couple of engineers, but this may well vary across the groups. Remember you don't have to tick every single box and that coming across as honest and easy to work with is as important as the technical stuff.

some good advice, are they good to work for in general?

I haven't worked for anyone else in I.T., but I find it pretty good there. Health insurance paid for, flexible benefits, flexible hours in many roles, good pension contributions (all these apply if permanent- through CPL is different).

Not too bad, this role is direct through HP. Any idea what the interview process is like?

Advertisement