Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS card 2GB

• 13-12-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, thinking of getting a 2GB card kit with USB stick etc for my daughters DS lite but wondering would 2gb be big enough or roughly how many games could be put on the 2GB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

How long is a piece of string?

It depends on the games as to what space they take. I have a 4GB, it's perfectly adequate

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rob555mark

4GB it is, could you recommend one to me and maybe a supplier...thanks :)

4GB memory is so common nowadays that you can buy 'generic' (aka cheap) memory and be just fine.

For sourcing something like this in time for Christmas I'd recommend Shop4Memory or MyMemory.co.uk - keep order costs to a minimum from MyMemory as you will get hit for customs/import taxes over €22. Ebay is also decent, but only from an Irish supplier with great feedback. Lots of people say they're based in the UK but when it takes 3 weeks to get here from their 'base' in Hong Kong the truth is clear.

4GB microSD SDHC Class 4 is what you want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Acekard 2i is a better card. Basically, if you choose that or the R4i, you then buy a micro sd of what size you want. Rule of thumb is around the 30 game mark for a 2gb card, but as TouchingVirus said it varies widely depending on the games you want to put on it. That slots into the top of the Acekard/R4i/A.N.Other. 4gb would definitely give you plenty of leeway.

The prices on that site you linked are slightly above average but presumably if they are actually in Ireland you will get it in time for Christmas.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've heard other people talk about the Acekard allright, can they be used on both a DSI & a DS Lite? I see some site selling them for DSI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

As far as I know, all of the current flashcards will work on a DS but am open to correction.

If its a flash card for the DS you want PM me, I probably have one knocking about but it wont work on a DSi if you ever bought one of them.

PM'd

The Acekard 2i is backwards compatibly and will work on a DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL :)

Advertisement