Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed up exam? Suggestions?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Somehow managed to mix up my Ancient Greece: An Introduction exam with Intro. to Ancient Greece today so I missed my exam. A big kick in the bollocks is all I can say as really did not want to fail a module in my first year aswell. Is there any to sit it this year or will have to pay to re-sit it next year.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

yehthatguy wrote: »
    Somehow managed to mix up my Ancient Greece: An Introduction exam with Intro. to Ancient Greece today so I missed my exam. A big kick in the bollocks is all I can say as really did not want to fail a module in my first year aswell. Is there any to sit it this year or will have to pay to re-sit it next year.

Thanks

Are they run by the same department? It's ridiculous to have two modules with virtually the same title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Get in touch with the school right away. It may be possibly for you to sit a different paper later in the exam period, a friend of mine missed an exam in 2nd year and was able to do this. But you need to get on this, or you're paying two hundred and something euro and sitting a repeat in the summer, capped at a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Same thing happened to a friend of mine and he was able to sit it the next day...

Raphael's right, get in touch asap. They might do something for you, especially considering your circumstances, weird that they have two modules with such similar sounding names.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

This can be avoided in future by using the personalized exam timetable in your SIS account.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

This can be avoided in future by using the personalized exam timetable in your SIS account.

Yeah they should really increase awareness of that, the only exam timetable they point you towards is the master one, would help if emails mentioned it as well. I only discovered it this semester so missed it for first year exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Jesus, that timetable nearly gave me heart failure. It made it look like I've an exam tomorrow, but it's actually dated next week. Poor layout.

The Class Timetable in the Student tab of connect has your exams in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

As already mentioned above, go to the school office, tell them what happened and see what they say. Although some schools may provide an opportunity for the paper to be resat by a student who missed the exam, I think this is becoming less and less widely offered by schools in more recent years, and the only option is to pay to resit the exam next time the course is offered. Like Raphael mentioned, a resit will cost over 200 euro and your grade will be capped at a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Notorious wrote: »
    Jesus, that timetable nearly gave me heart failure. It made it look like I've an exam tomorrow, but it's actually dated next week. Poor layout.

Very poor. I've missed two exams in the past because I misread that table multiple times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Very poor. I've missed two exams in the past because I misread that table multiple times in a row.

You think it'd be sensible to have the timetable setup with 2 weeks instead of one. Then again I suppose UCD don't tend to do the sensible thing.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    You think it'd be sensible to have the timetable setup with 2 weeks instead of one. Then again I suppose UCD don't tend to do the sensible thing.

That would make way too much sense, we couldn't be having that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoibheann21

Same thing happened to me today.
    Was meant to be in the exam at 12, but read the timetable on my SIS wrong, and showed up at 3. Nearly had a heart attack, needless to say.
    I rang the programme office but they just told me to contact the professor directly, so I did that. Fingers crossed something can be worked out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Walked 40 minutes late into an exam, a 1hr exam. Was a second 50% exam, so if i was let do that, surely you can get some exemption?
    Walked out with a C to :D

Advertisement