Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Store Grafton Street

Options
  • 13-12-2010 4:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I heard ages ago that they were supposed to be opening a store here towards the end of the year, but here we are and still no sign of it, as far as I'm aware.

Anyone know if it's still happening? I looked at their websites but it just lists the Belfast store and doesn't mention anything about new ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

I think it's moving into the old Laura Ashley store beside Dunnes Stores. There is construction work going on there right now so I assume it'll open soon. I'm surprised they didn't try to get in in time for Christmas.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

markpb wrote: »
    I think it's moving into the old Laura Ashley store beside Dunnes Stores. There is construction work going on there right now so I assume it'll open soon. I'm surprised they didn't try to get in in time for Christmas.

Aye that's what I heard back in the summer. I can't find any info on it anywhere though, like recruitment and that. Although if they're planning on opening soon maybe they're already staffed up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

They where saying on the radio its the first Disney store in ireland, but i dont think thats true, there used to be one in Liffy Vally shopping centre as far as i can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

keithgeo wrote: »
    They where saying on the radio its the first Disney store in ireland, but i dont think thats true, there used to be one in Liffy Vally shopping centre as far as i can remember.
    Yep, there was definitely one there.

I remember being in Liffey Valley shortly after it opened, and it was there.

EDIT: Actually.. after a quick Google.. I think it might have been a Warner Bros Store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Your right actually! It was warner bros.. my mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Was definately Warner Bros in Liffey Valley, remember it well. Is it still there actually?

Yeah it was WB, I remember buying a Tweety Bird mug in it :D

I also remember it being annoying because the staff would stand at the door and welcome you in and then someone was always following you around asking if you were ok. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

From movies.ie
    Disney Store Dublin Opening in 2011
    movie news | 26 Oct 2010 | 8 comments

We'll want an Irish Disney themepark next...
    Everytime we go on holidays we end up with a suitcase full of stuffed Disney & Pixar toys. So if you're anything like us, you'll welcome the arrival of Dublin's first official Disney store.

The Walt Disney Company today announced plans to open a Disney Store in Dublin, the first ever Disney Store in the Republic of Ireland. The Store is expected to open in the first half of 2011 at 60-61 Grafton Street. (Unfortunately, this won't help this years Christmas shopping dilemmas).

Teresa Tideman, joint managing director, Disney Store Europe, commented: "We're delighted to be bringing the first ever Disney Store to Dublin. The new Store promises to delight children and adults through cutting edge technology, quality product and unique experiences, bringing Disney's most important characters and stories to life. We look forward to bringing the Disney magic to the Republic of Ireland next year".

Meanwhile, the Disney store in Belfast unveiled an innovative new design concept developed from a child's perspective, the new store design integrates the latest technology to create an enhanced shopping experience.

I saw that, but it's the most recent update I can find. Nothing after that. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

sdonn wrote: »
    Was definately Warner Bros in Liffey Valley, remember it well. Is it still there actually?

Long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Long gone.

Thought it might be.

Haven't actually been to LV in years, must pay it a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Are the Laura Ashley workers still picketing the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Gastric Apple

Any update on the store?, doesn't seem to have been news in a while?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

They were working on it this morning when I went past. No idea what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

markpb wrote: »
    They were working on it this morning when I went past. No idea what's going on.

little bo peep lost her sheep and they are looking for a shopfitter to find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tilt_rue

hey. Im a huge disney fan and have been long researching into this. If you visit disneydreaming.com it gives you text and pics on the new store design. Disney are remodelling and implamenting these designs in their new stores too. Ive been on to disney in England and they said that they wont be looking for staff till march/april.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Connie1983

Hey,

Thanks for that. Any idea where they will advertise for the jobs? Need a part time job and I too am a Disney nut!

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Oooh can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oooh I wasn't aware of this, I'm excited now! Disney Stores make me happy! :D

Well I too am hoping to get a job in disney store but at the moment I can find no advertising of jobs. Saying that I rang the customer service people in Disney UK and they gave me an email address to send my c.v to. Eh am I allowed post addresses on this???? Did you go on the disney dreaming site and see the pics????? AAMMMAAAZZZIIINNGGGG!!!I was in the one in State street (chicago) at Christmas and holy s**t it is amazing! When it opens I will defo be at that magic mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Connie1983

That's so strange I was in Chicago recently too! I prefer the one on Millenium Mile though! I don't know if you're allowed to post email addresses here...maybe I'll give them a call myself. Thanks a mil for all your help!

The one on the magnificent mile??? oh now that is a great one!i love the tiling on the ground just outside the door!I wonder..will the grafton street store have the tiling and the amazing store signage

:Dis defo opening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D i will no more bout this next week!!!:D:D

tilt_rue wrote: »
    :Dis defo opening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D i will no more bout this next week!!!:D:D

^ Did you get called for an interview then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

tilt_rue wrote: »

You sound like you're announcing some inside scoop there. Hasn't this been known for months?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bramabull81

The construction is supposed to be finished end of April/early May. There is a nice blue tile job that meanders around the shop floor and you can expect lots of fancy lights. I was on site last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

For anyone waiting to hear back, I got called today for an interview for the disney store in the next two days, had to decline it unfortunately but it means they're calling people now.

For anyone waiting to hear back, I got called today for an interview for the disney store in the next two days, had to decline it unfortunately but it means they're calling people now.

Do you mind if I ask what position you applied for? Full or part time or management? I sent a CV a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Do you mind if I ask what position you applied for? Full or part time or management? I sent a CV a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything.

Haven't a clue, just emailed a cv!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I got a call too applied for full time store staff, they are only offering part time positions I was told between 8 and 24 hours a week, so no use to me. Its a 2 hour group interview.

Advertisement