Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Store Grafton Street

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Haven't a clue, just emailed a cv!
    I got a call too applied for full time store staff, they are only offering part time positions I was told between 8 and 24 hours a week, so no use to me. Its a 2 hour group interview.

What's with these American stores and their group interviews? Suppose it saves time but still a strange way of doing things.

How long ago did you guys send your CV's? I got an email back when I sent mine saying if I didn't hear within 28 days my application was unsuccessful. It's nearly that long now. I applied for management though so maybe they're doing that separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I sent mine March 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Where did you all find the email address to send the cv too? My fianceé is looking and can't seem to find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TMM

New Walt Disney Store to open in Ireland creating new Job Opportunities

Posted by newsdesk on March 22, 2011 · Leave a Comment
    The Walt Disney Company today announced that the first Disney Store in the Republic of Ireland will open on 18th May 2011. The store will open at 60 Grafton Street, Dublin and will trade over 4,750 square feet across two floors.
    Featuring groundbreaking technology, interactive storytelling and Disney Store exclusive merchandise, the store will bring the magic of Disney to the heart of Dublin for families to enjoy together.
    Key features of the Dublin store will include the Disney Store Theatre, where children can choose from over 50 clips to be watched on a giant screen as well as take part in free daily events, and the magic mirrors in the Disney Princess Castle, where each of the Princesses are brought to life.
    Today’s announcement has opened up sales assistant, or ‘Cast Member’, opportunities for high energy and dynamic individuals with a passion for engaging with children and adult visitors (‘Guests’) to the Store. Interested applicants should email their CV to irelandstorecareers@disney.ie.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

I tried to have a sneaky peak in the shop today to see what it looked like! They have spent so much time doing it up? will it be open on time would you say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

I tried to have a sneaky peak in the shop today to see what it looked like! They have spent so much time doing it up? will it be open on time would you say?

It's definitely still due to open on the 18th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Aww brilliant!Can't wait to head there in june!
    I remeber the disney store in Leicester when it opened when i was a kid..absolutley fab!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tilt_rue

well hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so the store is open and FABULOUS:D!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was offered a contract but unfortunately i had to turn it down {not enough hours}. the group interview was great, i loved it!:p
    Has anyone else had any success with it????

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mbreen2

Hi boardies

Where exactly in Dublin is this shop? Any website or anyone know the opening hours?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

mbreen2 wrote: »
    Hi boardies

Where exactly in Dublin is this shop? Any website or anyone know the opening hours?

Thanks.

It's on Grafton Street near the top (Stephen's Green end). I'd assume it's hours are the same as most in town, which is 9-6 with late opening on a Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

mbreen2 wrote: »
    Hi boardies

Thanks.
    At the top of Grafton St not far from the St Stephen's Green SC.
    I think it's in the old laura Ashley shop. Havn't been in yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

I went in there about a half hour before closing on the opening day, it seems nice enough but it stank to high heaven of cleaning alcohol. Like someone had accidentally spilt a whole bloody vat full of that swine flu hand sanitiser stuff on the floor. Very surprised at the prices though, most are fairly standard, I had expected it to cost an absolute fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mbreen2

Sundew wrote: »
    At the top of Grafton St not far from the St Stephen's Green SC.
    I think it's in the old laura Ashley shop. Havn't been in yet!

Thank you Sundew and Tickle me Elmo - - will definitely try to pop in there next time I'm in Dublin.

On a separate but related matter does anyone know if there's a soft toy version of Sheriff Woody from Toy Story. I know most places have the talking Woody but I just want a stuffed toy version. Not the imitations that are all over ebay - my little boy would clock the difference straight away and tell me that's not Woody.

So - mission - - get a soft (plush) toy of Sheriff woody, min height 16cm/

Thoughts anyone?

hey!!yes they do have woody soft toys!!!!now i was in there for the opening and they had them all so hopefully they are still there!!!!!!!!!:)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Is that stuff good for small children.They're not born with a fear of the dark ...all that violence too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CiaraLL

there is a disney store in grafton street only open a few weeks i think :D the store will trade over 4,750 square feet covering 2 floors and they have free events like animation classes, story telling, quizzes, singing and dancing and kids can re enact a disney parade.. the activites are normally about 15 minutes long. hope i helped xxx:rolleyes:

hey all!!!so just back from the disney store!!it was PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o!!!!!! there were no more woody plush toys when i was in but there were t rex and the aliens....saying that they do have a section of just toystory. prices are really reasonable. try going in on a weekday so u actually have space and tiime to experience all the cool interactions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Theres a lot of rip off's in the store . items with marked in euro & sterling, the price difference is ridiculous. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lods wrote: »
    Theres a lot of rip off's in the store . items with marked in euro & sterling, the price difference is ridiculous. :mad:

This old chestnut!

Different VAT rates, different wages rates etc. etc. Haven't we had this argument a million times before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

was in earlier, €10 for a mug. they must think im one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

These rip off shops generally don't last very long. Look at the Warner Bros. store in Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Went in last week to check it out & pick daughter up a new princess dress.

Georgous store, but the cheapest item is a pencil @ €3. The dresses were €48. I left empty handed.

Picked up the exact same dress in smiths for €20.

iMax wrote: »
    Went in last week to check it out & pick daughter up a new princess dress.

Georgous store, but the cheapest item is a pencil @ €3. The dresses were €48. I left empty handed.

Picked up the exact same dress in smiths for €20.

yeah plain mickey mouse t shirts were €20

This old chestnut!

Different VAT rates, different wages rates etc. etc. Haven't we had this argument a million times before?

No matter how you argue it £20 does not become €30 . VAT is now 20% in the UK , 1% lower than Ireland. Just because we've heard it before doesn't mean its not still a rip off.

ok that is enough of the prices!!!!!!!!!!!you can say that bout schuh, BT2. Hamleys every shop is different!!so how bout we all just chill and enjoy the Magic that the disney will bring to a generation of lightening mc queens and sleeping beauties:)

tilt_rue wrote: »
    ok that is enough of the prices!!!!!!!!!!!you can say that bout schuh, BT2. Hamleys every shop is different!!so how bout we all just chill and enjoy the Magic that the disney will bring to a generation of lightening mc queens and sleeping beauties:)

money vanishing out of peoples wallets in the shop.. now thats magic

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

People complaining that Disney merchandise is expensive?

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

Come on...! :rolleyes:

Basq wrote: »
    People complaining that Disney merchandise is expensive?

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

Come on...! :rolleyes:

Its much cheaper in the Belfast Store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Will there be welcome people on the door?

"storrry bud"

"howya horse"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Will there be welcome people on the door?

"storrry bud"

"howya horse"

Grafton Steet gem...

Advertisement