Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Europe Exam .

Options
  • 13-12-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey guys , just wondering how do you study for the Modern Europe module? It just seems really hazy as a lot of the lecture slides were pictures with little bits of writing and we're expected to write two essays on them.

Any advise would be appreciated thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Did this last year. History is never about the lecture slides. You'll always need to have taken notes at lectures to supplement them. Ideally you'll want to be looking at 4 topics to guarantee you'll have two essays to answer. Read into them as much as possible, learn major events, be able to look at these major events while associating them with the question as much as possible.

People will kill me for this I'd say but I always start with wikipedia to get a broad outline of the event then look through the documents throughout the course so I can refer back to them throughout my answer. Although mentioning the documents/historians isn't necessary it always looks impressive and demonstrates background reading. I got a B in this module last year so you'll want to be doing far more reading than I was doing to get up to that A.

Advertisement