Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys and PC World Rip Off

Options
  • 13-12-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I was shopping for a Panasonic camcorder (SD600 model)
    Currys and PC world were charging 750 euro for it, but I got it in Argos for 540, although I see on their website, they are selling them for 600 now.
    Couldnt believe the difference in price, considering their 'price guarantee'

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tevion wrote: »
    I was shopping for a Panasonic camcorder (SD600 model)
    Currys and PC world were charging 750 euro for it, but I got it in Argos for 540, although I see on their website, they are selling them for 600 now.
    Couldnt believe the difference in price, considering their 'price guarantee'

What's the DSG's (parent company of currys, pc world) price guaranty? is it like a price match thing where if you challenge the price with another local offer that they'll lower it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

that is how competition in the market place work !!! Argos gets the business this time as they are cheaper .... but if you hang around these threads long enough you will see an identical thread where Argos are accused of being a rip off !!!!

Now if they all were charging the exact same price ... I would then start asking questions !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/Price-Promise-1023-theme.html

Did you actually mention to them about the cheaper product, and where you could get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Next we'll be seeing Argos in "bargain alerts":D

If you check the web, it seems the price up to recently has been £599 / €750 and a price drop came into effect earlier this month and it is now about £449 /€579 generally in most stores.

My guess is currys just hadn't changed the price yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Western Digital 2TB External Hard Drive

Currys: 259 EUR
    PC World: 259 EUR

Pixmania: 99 EUR
    :rolleyes:

And that has been like that for the past 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Pixmania is their internet wing (of Currys and Dixons)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Western Digital 2TB External Hard Drive

Currys: 259 EUR
    PC World: 259 EUR

Pixmania: 99 EUR
    :rolleyes:

And that has been like that for the past 6 months.

It's impossible to compete at that level with the internet retailers, I work in a retail outlet in Dublin, and our suppliers prices are almost the same as pixmania, komplett, dabs etc...

Advertisement