Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What now constitutes abuse on boards?

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

AHs is often compared to a bar, not boards as a whole.

ive seen boards referred to as being like a bar a fair few times from some of the creators and admins

If someone is being a prick in a bar and gets offended at being called on it, that's what the bouncers are for.

If someone is being a prick in AHs, then report the post and leave it to the mods to sort it.

Why risk a ban/infraction for personal abuse when you could report the post?

i have never ever ever once seen a person go up to a bouncer and say "that guy is a prick, kick him out". the FIRST thing people do is defend themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Jazzy wrote: »
    ive seen boards referred to as being like a bar a fair few times from some of the creators and admins

Have you?

I've not seen that but maybe I missed it.

Jazzy wrote: »
    i have never ever ever once seen a person go up to a bouncer and say "that guy is a prick, kick him out". the FIRST thing people do is defend themselves

Sometimes the bouncer will spot it and intervene to calm things down and if it's warranted remove the person causing the problem or warn them if it happens again they are out the door.

Same as a moderator of boards would.

Sometimes if someone is being a prick in a bar the bouncers will be told, just because you personally don't see it happening doesn't mean they weren't given the heads up.

Just as we see when someone hits the Reported Post button.

What I am trying to get across to you is, why call someone a prick when you will get a ban/infraction for it, when you can just report the post.

If you really feel you need to reply on thread, then quote the post and say you have reported it.

Then take a step back and wait for whatever action is taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Have you?

I've not seen that but maybe I missed it.

you did yeah.

Sometimes the bouncer will spot it and intervene to calm things down and if it's warranted remove the person causing the problem or warn them if it happens again they are out the door.

Same as a moderator of boards would.

Sometimes if someone is being a prick in a bar the bouncers will be told, just because you personally don't see it happening doesn't mean they weren't given the heads up.

Just as we see when someone hits the Reported Post button.

What I am trying to get across to you is, why call someone a prick when you will get a ban/infraction for it, when you can just report the post.

If you really feel you need to reply on thread, then quote the post and say you have reported it.

Then take a step back and wait for whatever action is taken.

because mods can be crap. i know thats against the holy book of boards but its true. and sometimes it just feels right to call a jerk a jerk :) its also quite human too. and it grows backbone by standing up for yourself, and if you get it wrong, you learn a lesson

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A person can't be nonsensical. That's just nonsensical.

Advertisement