Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny Judoko retires after 35yrs on the mat!.

• 13-12-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

So Long, Fare Well, We Hate to Say Goodbye...

Kilkenny Judo Club held a presentation night on Saturday the 9th October 2010 to honour recently retired clubman Billy Dunne.

Billy retired after over 35 years in judo and his club mates held a surprise function to formally thank him for his service and committment to Kilkenny judo. He was presented with a specially commissioned clock engraved with the Kilkenny club logo.

Most of Billy’s life revolved around judo. He met his wife Carolyn (daughter of judo master Charlie Hegarty) at a judo summer camp in Waterford. Their four daughters all played judo making the Dunne family a true judo family. In 2009 Billy achieved his 2nd Dan capping an outstanding judo career. The club honoured him for his time as a player, competitor, coach, committee member and treasurer.

SOURCE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Congrats to Billy. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

Congrats to Billy and all the best to him and his family - when I started my martial arts carreer with Judo in 1975 in the old Fit Remoulds warehouse up the Carlton Lane in Kilkenny Billy was on ther mats then - heck of a cice guy and always very helpful to beginners and and experienced alike.

Advertisement