Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't gamers use their feet?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Are there any gaming peripherals for feet? fine, there are foot pedals + racing wheels but there don't seem to be any programmable foot pedals you can 'tap' for normal PC games..

The latest FPS I am playing needs so much of the damn keyboard, my brain can't handle it, but seriously if I had some sort of foot pedal yokey it would be so much simpler

In starcraft I have ctrl group 1 as melee army, ctrl 2 as ranged, 3 as magic units, 5 and 6 as hatcheries/nexus/CC, 9 and 0 as observers, etc, etc I'm not korean so reaching across in a game isn't 'instinct' yet - but tapping left foot for melee and right foot for ranged would be so much simpler

Come to think of it are there even 'raised' keys on the keyboard that you can find by touch? would be easier to have the 5 key raised for complex FPS and RTS, just so can be found by feel instead of mashing 4 5 and 6 in a panic

A foot controlled button connected to a large timer display on a keyboard would go down a bomb in competitive online games where you have to time 3 different items at once...

Any ideas on gaming peripherals that don't seem to be out there yet?

(I mean I've checked out gaming keyboards and they all look pointless.. handfans? extra macro keys too far to reach? no replaceable raised keys? no timer? anyway)

Comments

Advertisement