Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone rings-Internet disconnects??

• 13-12-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if you can help me... I'm not a techy wizard or anything so bare with me if I don't make much sense..

Basically, everytime the phone rings or someone here makes a call, our internet and wireless disconnects. Anyone know why that mgiht be? Or what I can do to fix it? Most annoying thing ever!

Oh I'm an eircom customer is that makes any difference..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This will always be a DSL filter problem. Replace the filter (or filters), and the problem will stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

Any by filters you mean the thing that the broadband is plugged into in the wall?

What is i take that out altogether and plug it straight into the wall?Or where do i get a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to replace it. If you have no filter, then the broadband will disconnect every time you use the phone. This is what's happening now because a broken filter is effectively the same as no filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

exact same thing is happening to me, it started right after I got sky plus installed !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

its so annoying isnt it???

Thank you for that.. where do i get a new filter from??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Loads of places... Try Argos, Maplin, Electrical shops

you need EACH phone and Digibox filtered.
    Or else a master socket plus dsl & phone filter to separate DSL Modem and all other phone sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Same thing happens here. Am with Perlico and got very little help with it apart from them sending out a new router, but still the same issue. I have the filter on but there is still the same problem. I can actually hear a click when I am on the phone, and I think this is when I lose connection. We are using BT wireless phones and Perlico tried to tell me this was the problem.
    Any ideas...glad it is not just here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Just to spell this out.

If you have DSL broadband you need filters on every device attached to your phone connection.

The OP who is having a problem since Sky+ was installed... That sounds like there is no filter on the phone cable they plugged into the Sky box.

Typically you receive a double filter, which has separate outputs for a phone and the modem, and you must use the correct output socket for each. Also you receive one or more single sockets which are to be used on your phones (or Sky+).

Ix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

watty wrote: »
    Loads of places... Try Argos, Maplin, Electrical shops

you need EACH phone and Digibox filtered.
    Or else a master socket plus dsl & phone filter to separate DSL Modem and all other phone sockets.

Oops... I missed that you had posted what I just did, except more succinctly!

Ix.

Advertisement