Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluval 305 external canister filter - too strong?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Advice needed pls:D

Wouldn't want to have the turtles unable to swim in the tank! Paid extra today for this filter to do the job properly for the 125 L tank holding 2 musk turtles.

Anyone got any advice or is this ok to use?

Also bought Nutrafin Test for KH/GH - is this ok to test for Ammonia levels and ph levels?

Was told filtered tap water ok to use, which i intend to leave stand for a few hours to settle.
    Have I forgotten anything??

Starting to panic now, even though i spent another 3 hrs researching stuff last night!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

mumof2 wrote: »
    Also bought Nutrafin Test for KH/GH - is this ok to test for Ammonia levels and ph levels?

In a word, NO.

mumof2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to have the turtles unable to swim in the tank! Paid extra today for this filter to do the job properly for the 125 L tank holding 2 musk turtles.

Anyone got any advice or is this ok to use?

Point the outflow towards the glass, it'll disperse the water without blowing the turtles around the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Point the outflow towards the glass, it'll disperse the water without blowing the turtles around the tank.

Great tip. thank you.

Im beginning to think the pet shop owner is a pure gangster, paid 21 euro for that kit, will be bringing it back. buying another kit somewhere else tomoro so!

I told him I wanted to test for ammonia levels!:mad:

By the sounds of things he is only interested in your wallet/purse.

You can buy all in one kits kits for everything, PH, KH, GH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, Phosphates etc. they are usually around €40-

I found the Nutrifin test strips decents but they lack the absolute accurate of the dropchecker bottled ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    By the sounds of things he is only interested in your wallet/purse.

You can buy all in one kits kits for everything, PH, KH, GH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, Phosphates etc. they are usually around €40-

I found the Nutrifin test strips decents but they lack the absolute accurate of the dropchecker bottled ones.

I agree with you on the purse bit!

Im returning to him tomorow (another 75 min journey each way!)
    Giving back the Porcelain Wire Clamp Lamp and the Dragon Red Heat 75W bulb.

Also returning the kit and swap for the right one this time! Hope never to see that guy after tomorrow again!!

Can anyone verify - seeing as two petshops told me today that musk turtles dont need basking lamp, (and certainly not the size I was given!!),
    Do they actually need one considering I have UV strip lighting (T8s)?

Thanks again. Getting the turtles next week, theyre on order!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement