Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allardyce Leaves Blackburn

• 13-12-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking at the moment.

Blackburn have got rid.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wow. Hodgson in triumphant return. Eagle Eye rejoices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tevez for manager? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Barca on alert so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Did he jump or was he pushed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

This shouldn't really come as a shock but it does. Hughton's next job maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mourinho must be shitting himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Byeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

For Real? :eek: They are having a decent enough season as well. The new owners will be entertaining

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Did he jump or was he pushed?

hes gonna say he jumped but they will brief he was pushed of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I thought he did quite well with Blackburn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Possible replacement for Benitez if Inter sack him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

'bout time.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

If they kicked him out they're idiots, not newcastle level but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

After Chris Hughtons dismissal last week this seems like nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Another stupid decision. So is that were Jol is going and then Big Sam to replace Grant?

Please let his next job be in Turkey or Belgium or somewhere.

Please Santa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

yes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eh? Makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

See you later fat boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Big Sam to la Liga would be interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

He was sacked SSN says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Newcastle will probably sack Pardew now and get Big Sam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

As much as I despise the man that seems like a mental move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hughton or Jol wonder who the bookies will make the fav, also wonder will this prompt West Ham to sack Grant faster (it seems enevitable seing who else is getting chopped) so as to get either of them or would they like Allardyce.

ahh the oft fabled managerial merry-go-round effect is coming into play. sackings are going around like the flu who knows who will catch it next

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Hughton or Jol wonder who the bookies will make the fav, also wonder will this prompt West Ham to sack Grant faster (it seems enevitable seing who else is getting chopped) so as to get either of them or would they like Allardyce.

ahh the oft fabled managerial merry-go-round effect is coming into play. sackings are going around like the flu who knows who will catch it next

Hopefully Houllier.

Hopefully Houllier.

with a bit of luck

'Big' Sam to Villa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

Hodgson next for the chop and Allardyce to be his replacement :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Baffling. He may be an awful person, but he got results.

• Advertisement

It's funny there all of a sudden seems ti be a number of moves on the go with Inter looking for Capello to take over from Rafa the Fa looking for Harry and Rafa looking at Spurs :o as well as houllier Grant and Hodgsen all on a tight rope!!!
    And what I would of thought one of the safer jobs ie Sam gets the sack

5starpool wrote: »
    'Big' Sam to Villa?

Why? Villa like playing attacking football, Big Sam would not be welcome there?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Baffling. He may be an awful person, but he got results.

Blackburn didnt disgrace themselves under his management. Chris Hughton could be back in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Everyone "likes" playing attacking football. Doesn't mean Villa have played attacking football in recent years or have a right to it

I wasn't being fully serious. It was a 'careful what you wish for' type of reaction to the previous couple of posts. Much like talks of O'Neill going to Liverpool if Hodgson goes. Neither of those appointments would be welcomed by the fans.

Actually, O'Neill might be someone Blackburn look at, although I'm not sure if he'd be interested in a return just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

newcastle sack manager, win next game

new owner - we lost a game , lets sack manager , and we'll get that short term feal good factor

ps hate alardyces style of football, if you call his bogball that

• Advertisement

Everyone "likes" playing attacking football. Doesn't mean Villa have played attacking football in recent years or have a right to it

I don't think Villa players/fans would like to see hopeless balls lumped forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stop talking about Villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

I for one am actually surprised. Managers seem to be like trading cards at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't really understand. Maybe a couple of the Blackburn fans on here can weigh in?

• Advertisement

From guardian twitter "
    Sam Allardyce: “I am very shocked and disappointed to be leaving Blackburn I am extremely proud to have managed this club'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pardew to Blackburn with his 100% record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

From guardian twitter "
    Sam Allardyce: “I am very shocked and disappointed to be leaving Blackburn I am extremely proud to have managed this club'

Big Sam's own twitter gives us a more significant insight:
    Big Sam wrote:
    Sometimes I pull my sleeves down while holding on to two Monster Munch corn snacks. It looks like I have tiny deformed hands. Hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Absolutely shocking decision that. If they had won at the weekend they'd have been in 8th position. He took them into the top half last season with no resources too.

Crazy decision, but the new owners know all about football (:rolleyes:) so I'm sure they've got someone lined up.

Silly season has well and truely begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I'm sure it was Big Sam who said in a post-match interview yesterday that the team is a "work in progress"; Big Sam two years into the job. It smacked as a rehearsal of Owen Coyle's notes on Bolton's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Think this is just a case of new owners wanting to put a stamp on things, it happens a lot with new owners/boards. Big sam was doing a decent job with Blackburn in his own manner the style of football was never great but 10th last year was very impressive. Would imagine the new manager will be forgien and slightly bigger name. Would be suprised if it was not pre arranged. Always had a soft spot for Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well as a Blackburn fan I'm delighted this has happened,

I have never been happy with him in charge, I don't like his style of football, and it was even more frustrating considering he had players who could play the game.

Hughes had a better career at Blackburn (ok he had Bentley and Santa Cruz) and he had Blackburn playing attractive football.

I had an inkling the new owners would want to make an appointment of their own, especially when they came out saying things like Blackburn fans deserved to see good football being played.

Looking forward to moving on with the new owners now and hopefully they make an appointment with attractive football in mind, and give him some money to spend in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ambitious owners eh?

I dont get this "attractive football" lark.

Surely it's about playing football that gets results within the laws of the game. Arsene Wenger plays attractive football and he gets criticised that his teams get bullied.

The teams who get results against arsenal by bullying them complain that they don;t see attractive football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pauleta wrote: »
    For Real? :eek: They are having a decent enough season as well. The new owners will be entertaining

I'm as surprised as you are that Big Sam is being drafted in for José. That loss to Barcelona aside they are having a good season. Then again didn't Big Sam say that if he got the reins at a big club he'd be hosing trophies all over the gaff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement