Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allardyce Leaves Blackburn

Comments

Job built for Mr Dowie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

maradonna for blackburn :eek::eek::eek: would the last person please turn out the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Possible replacement for Benitez if Inter sack him?

when

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Disgraceful decision. I'm not particularly fond of Sam as an individual but Rovers were guaranteed PL football under him. He was also looking at the likes of Santa Cruz, Bentley and Keane in January. If we could of even got one of those, it would have brought the team forward.

Players like Pedersen, Jones, Diouf and Olsson have really come forward under Allardcye so it's annoying to see him go when the team were going well - 4 wins out of seven is very good for Blackburn, considering Chelsea and United were sandwiched in there.

Relegation is a real worry now. I can see the new owners bringing in some idiot a la Alan Perrin all those years back at Pompey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The return of Paul Ince?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Paully D wrote: »
    *ahem*

I think he's talking about this:

newcastle-relegated.jpg

Newcastle were relegated over a year after Allardyce was sacked....

He was awful at Newcastle, dull boring and most of all loosing football. While i can understand playing horrible but effective football we were loosing ugly. Several reports of little or no coaching or tactics for the attacking players.

Besides the Newcastle debacle I really cant stand the chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

awwww, he made Blackburn pretty hard to beat in fairness, they were a hard nail to beat at ewood park

what do the munjabi family want, CL football next season at the grandest stadia in europe?

but yeah, his tactics were pretty cringeworthy but I dont think he deserved to get sacked at a whim like that.

its a farce so it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Diego Maradona linked to replace him. lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Ush1 wrote: »
    Diego Maradona linked to replace him. lolz

and his 3-1-6 formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭ongarite

Blackburn Rovers' owners have spelt out their vision for the future following yesterday's shock dismissal of Sam Allardyce. They want more entertainment from the team, a top-five finish at least and ideally a British manager at the helm.

We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.
    Our thinking now is that it will be a British manager. But we are open if there is an outstanding candidate, someone who would be really, really good for the club."

The Guardian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Who said foreign ownership is bad for football :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

ongarite wrote: »
    Blackburn Rovers' owners have spelt out their vision for the future following yesterday's shock dismissal of Sam Allardyce. They want more entertainment from the team, a top-five finish at least and ideally a British manager at the helm.

We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.
    Our thinking now is that it will be a British manager. But we are open if there is an outstanding candidate, someone who would be really, really good for the club."
    The Guardian

How are people like this still allowed to run clubs in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

MOG7 wrote: »
    How are people like this still allowed to run clubs in England?

These guys are clowns. They have sacked their manager and have no obvious plan to replace him for a couple of months. They'll get their wish of a 4th or 5th spot finish next year but it will be in the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

PDN wrote: »
    His teams always rolled over for Utd and played their hearts out against other title contenders...

Ain't that the truth! He should have been sacked for the 7-0 drubbing to United alone!

I see Ferguson has come out in support of his mate Allardyce today. How predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ardent wrote: »
    Ain't that the truth! He should have been sacked for the 7-0 drubbing to United alone!

I see Ferguson has come out in support of his mate Allardyce today. How predictable.

Yeah, God forbid he supports a close friend during a tough time. Disgrace of a human being tbh.

M5 wrote: »
    Newcastle were relegated over a year after Allardyce was sacked....

He was awful at Newcastle, dull boring and most of all loosing football. While i can understand playing horrible but effective football we were loosing ugly. Several reports of little or no coaching or tactics for the attacking players.

Besides the Newcastle debacle I really cant stand the chap.

Say what you like about Sam but "little or no coaching or tactics for the attacking players" sounds anything but the man.

He is highly meticulous in his planning, even if it just involves lumping a ball forward to a tall striker on occasion. You can be sure enough he'll have stats to justify where exactly that striker should stand 90% of the time!

He has always been big into using opta stats to get the most from his players.

Whatever happened during his time at Newcastle, they would not have been relegated had he been left in charge and given some time.

He saved Blackburn from the mess that Ince had made.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Say what you like about Sam but "little or no coaching or tactics for the attacking players" sounds anything but the man.

He is highly meticulous in his planning, even if it just involves lumping a ball forward to a tall striker on occasion. You can be sure enough he'll have stats to justify where exactly that striker should stand 90% of the time!

He has always been big into using opta stats to get the most from his players.

Whatever happened during his time at Newcastle, they would not have been relegated had he been left in charge and given some time.

He saved Blackburn from the mess that Ince had made.

They were heading that way, it took the new manager 10 games to get a win things were that bad. in 2 of his last three home games Newcastle failed to register a shot on target! Really, take my word for it, it was awful. I had the misfortune of witnessing it :). We made a decent start but collapsed under Sam!

I can appreciate that he has done a decent job elsewhere but he was an unmitigated disaster at Newcastle and was rightfully sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Weren't Newcastle 9 th when he was sacked?

JPA wrote: »
    Weren't Newcastle 9 th when he was sacked?

Far from it 11th and dropping like a stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Words can't begin to describe my disappointment at this decision.

that's all I got. Really wish John Williams vetted these Indian chaps for a few years more...

Morten gamst pedersen:
    http://gamst.co.uk/en/2010/12/13/big-sam-sacked-shock/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Much as I dislike Allardyce I was shocked to see him get the sack. My big worry is we will have to listen to him as he bigs himself up for his next job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

doc_17 wrote: »
    Why do I care? I like watching football. The way that man gets his teams to play would make you vomit. Fevers an ok manager but never as good as he thought he was himself

None of that explains your whinging about his friendship with Fergie though.

Far from it 11th and dropping like a stone.

How is 11th far from ninth? It's two places for god's sake and just outside the PL top ten.

How is 11th far from ninth? It's two places for god's sake and just outside the PL top ten.

we were in freefall...... had conceded 60 goals in 22 matches, we were going down if had stayed. The players were completely crushed by the man. 99.9% of Newcastle fans were delighted to see him go. Not for any of the horse sh!t reasons reported in the press but for the simple fact he had lost the dressing room, destroyed the confidence of our players and tactically he could not adapt to the players he had. Players reported that we had NO plan once the defensive work had been completed. There was NO attacking coaching. I repeat, if he had stayed we would have gone down earlier. He was an unmitigated disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

we were in freefall...... had conceded 60 goals in 22 matches, we were going down if had stayed. The players were completely crushed by the man. 99.9% of Newcastle fans were delighted to see him go. Not for any of the horse sh!t reasons reported in the press but for the simple fact he had lost the dressing room, destroyed the confidence of our players and tactically he could not adapt to the players he had. Players reported that we had NO plan once the defensive work had been completed. There was NO attacking coaching. I repeat, if he had stayed we would have gone down earlier. He was an unmitigated disaster
    I'm sorry but I won't listen to horse****.

You had played 21 Premier League games when he was sacked. You had conceded 33 goals in the Premier League and had a -6 goal difference. You had 26 points from 21 games. You got 17 points from the 17 games after he went and you conceded 32 goals in that 17 games.

It was one of the dumbest moves made, just like sacking Chris Hughton.

Do you want to know what your story was under Chris Hughton?

You had played 16 Premier League games when he was sacked. You had conceded 25 goals and had a -1 goal difference. You had 19 points.

There was no chance of you going down under Allardyce. In fact I think you would have finished top half. You struggled the rest of the season after you sacked him. The very next game you got beat 6-0 by Manchester United iirc.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

You had played 21 Premier League games when he was sacked. You had conceded 33 goals in the Premier League and had a -6 goal difference. You had 26 points from 21 games. You got 17 points from the 17 games after he went and you conceded 32 goals in that 17 games.

You had played 16 Premier League games when he was sacked. You had conceded 25 goals and had a -1 goal difference. You had 19 points.

There was no chance of you going down under Allardyce. In fact I think you would have finished top half. You struggled the rest of the season after you sacked him. The very next game you got beat 6-0 by Manchester United iirc.

Hughton was 100% a mistake and a completely different situation. I have repeatedly said it was a mistake. Please dont compare the two. Allardyce was a disaster and 100% deserved to be sacked. I'll add more to this in the morning. I watched the games m8, every one! we were playing **** football and getting beaten easily and registering 1/2 shots per game in home games. and 6-0 in the next game surely reflects on Allardyce does it not? You are not going to try to say the new manager could have made such an impact in the space of a few hours FFS?

Hughton was 100% a mistake and a completely different situation. I have repeatedly said it was a mistake. Please dont compare the two. Allardyce was a disaster and 100% deserved to be sacked. I'll add more to this in the morning. I watched the games m8, every one! we were playing **** football and getting beaten easily and registering 1/2 shots per game in home games. and 6-0 in the next game surely reflects on Allardyce does it not? You are not going to try to say the new manager could have made such an impact in the space of a few hours FFS?
    It reflects the impact of the loss of the manager on the team. And 17 points from 17 games and shipping 32 goals in those games also tells how badly Allardyce was missed. You just don't do idiotic stuff like this in the middle of the season. If you are not happy with how the game is being played then you wait until the summer and make the changes unless the team was in dire trouble which was not the case not anything even close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Who would Blackburn fans like as the new manager? (realistic, attainable choices obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

flahavaj wrote: »
    Who would Blackburn fans like as the new manager? (realistic, attainable choices obviously).

Have there been any links with Jol yet? Would be a great option if the new owners could swing it.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Have there been any links with Jol yet? Would be a great option if the new owners could swing it.
    He would be a horrible option actually. He is way overrated by so many people.

He had bundles of cash to spend at Tottenham but failed to break into the top four. As a matter of fact he achieved 6 more points over 3 full seasons than Sam Allardyce at Bolton Wanderers despite outspending him in the transfer market by £46.5 million to £14.5 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Blackburn want Maradona!

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-unbelievably-want-Diego-Maradona-to-replace-Sam-Allardyce-as-manager-article650769.html

This is from Alan Nixon who is fairly in the know when it comes to Blackburn.
    Sorry eagleeye but this would be fantastically brilliant for the rest of us!

Please take Hodgson back.

We'll throw in Poulson for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He would be a horrible option actually. He is way overrated by so many people.

He had bundles of cash to spend at Tottenham but failed to break into the top four. As a matter of fact he achieved 6 more points over 3 full seasons than Sam Allardyce at Bolton Wanderers despite outspending him in the transfer market by £46.5 million to £14.5 million.
    Unfortunately he wasn't in charge of our transfer dealings Comolli was

JPA wrote: »
    Blackburn want Maradona!

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-unbelievably-want-Diego-Maradona-to-replace-Sam-Allardyce-as-manager-article650769.html

This is from Alan Nixon who is fairly in the know when it comes to Blackburn.
    Sorry eagleeye but this would be fantastically brilliant for the rest of us!
    Yeah I was gonna put that up but its just too ridiculous. Alan Nixon always claims to be in the know about Rovers but he is full of what you find in the toilet just like all tabloid writers. Although there seems to be a quote there which is scary.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Please take Hodgson back.

We'll throw in Poulson for nothing.
    I'd jump at that right now.

Ok, goal difference based on bad data from here. Not sure why it shows up like that.

We had won 3 games from August to January and 2 in the last 12

We had lost the last three games and only registered a maximum of 2 shot target in those three games, one game we failed to register 1

The players said in interviews after Allardyce had been sacked, that the did not know what to do once they had passed the half way line. There was no Plan other than defend and lump the ball.

Kevin Keegan and several of his coaches said that most of the players were unfit as well as being completely demoralised.

Allardyce's signings were a disaster. Mark Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal, Geremi and Cacapa all failed spectacularly.

I repeat Hughton was a completely different kettle of fish and did not deserve to be sacked. Your points above are solid in Hughtons case. Either Allardyce could not adapt to the players he had at his disposal or they could not adapt to him. Either way we were in big trouble and in complete freefall. It took quite a few games for the new manager to sort out the mess he had been left with

It reflects the impact of the loss of the manager on the team. And 17 points from 17 games and shipping 32 goals in those games also tells how badly Allardyce was missed. You just don't do idiotic stuff like this in the middle of the season. If you are not happy with how the game is being played then you wait until the summer and make the changes unless the team was in dire trouble which was not the case not anything even close to it.

How can you possibly say that a new manager has an impact like that? The game was played using Allardyces tactics and his team! What did Pardew have to do with our result on Saturday? Nothing!

Ok, goal difference based on bad data from here. Not sure why it shows up like that.

We had won 3 games from August to January and 2 in the last 12

We had lost the last three games and only registered a maximum of 2 shot target in those three games, one game we failed to register 1

The players said in interviews after Allardyce had been sacked, that the did not know what to do once they had passed the half way line. There was no Plan other than defend and lump the ball.

Kevin Keegan and several of his coaches said that most of the players were unfit as well as being completely demoralised.

Allardyce's signings were a disaster. Mark Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal, Geremi and Cacapa all failed spectacularly.

I repeat Hughton was a completely different kettle of fish and did not deserve to be sacked. Your points above are solid in Hughtons case. Either Allardyce could not adapt to the players he had at his disposal or they could not adapt to him. Either way we were in big trouble and in complete freefall. It took quite a few games for the new manager to sort out the mess he had been left with

How can you possibly say that a new manager has an impact like that? The game was played using Allardyces tactics and his team! What did Pardew have to do with our result on Saturday? Nothing!
    Interesting that the date you have there is after the United game, Allardyce was gone before that game.

Regardless of what you say, the team was sitting in 11th place and in no trouble. Thats two places higher than the club had finished the season before. At the same rate without any improvement Newcastle would have finished that season in 11th place. Then the owner could have a look at making changes if he felt that badly about it.

Fact is Sam Allardyce has always done a good job no matter where he has been. But Newcastle fans had this ludicrous notion that they have to be entertained and that its more important than results. A year back down in the Championship might have sorted out that I'd imagine. Its all about results and points at the end of the day and thats what Sam Allardyce has always done.

The loss of a manager had that impact. It didn't happen when Chris Hughton was sacked but only time will tell how this latest lunatic decision to sack Chris Hughton will affect your club. Sacking Sam Allardyce was just as stupid at the time. You just don't do that sort of thing in the middle of the season.

Interesting that the date you have there is after the United game, Allardyce was gone before that game.

Regardless of what you say, the team was sitting in 11th place and in no trouble. Thats two places higher than the club had finished the season before. At the same rate without any improvement Newcastle would have finished that season in 11th place. Then the owner could have a look at making changes if he felt that badly about it.

Fact is Sam Allardyce has always done a good job no matter where he has been. But Newcastle fans had this ludicrous notion that they have to be entertained and that its more important than results. A year back down in the Championship might have sorted out that I'd imagine. Its all about results and points at the end of the day and thats what Sam Allardyce has always done.

The loss of a manager had that impact. It didn't happen when Chris Hughton was sacked but only time will tell how this latest lunatic decision to sack Chris Hughton will affect your club. Sacking Sam Allardyce was just as stupid at the time. You just don't do that sort of thing in the middle of the season.

I said that those were bad stats m8, please read the post

Dont insult the fans intelligence please! Thats a load of tabloid twaddle! We were loosing and playing crap football. It it had been effective he would have kept his job.

Hughton and Allardyce are completely different

Jsut noticed something else. Allardyce had only played 3 games against the big 4. Keegans fixtures contained the remaining 5 plus away games at villa and spurs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't get my head around the idea of a professional footballer not knowing what to do with the ball or how to keep himself fit :confused:

I can't get my head around the idea of a professional footballer not knowing what to do with the ball or how to keep himself fit :confused:
    In fairness Damien Duff has always had problems trying to keep himself fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

In fairness Damien Duff has always had problems trying to keep himself fit.

Difference between being injured and being fit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I think this quote from the evening standard says it as it is really...

'Sam Allardyce's sacking by Blackburn is a bit like a fat girl having a one-night stand - they should have been grateful to be there at all but now wronged, they feel worthy of better' - the Evening Standard's James Olley.

What do Blackburn fans think about the Maradona talk?

What do Blackburn fans think about the Maradona talk?

I think the owners are in cloud cuckoo land and I don't believe any of the Maradona talk. It's tablod bullsh!t and only the tabloids are running it.
    As for a manager, I've heard Stuart Pearce mentioned - please god, no.
    Martin O'Neill has been mentioned also - I'd love him but I can't see him taking a role at Blackburn, it'd be a step backwards.
    Truth be told I'd love the board and Sam to get over this and for Sam to come back. The owners haven't a notion if they think a club with limited resources like Blackburn can last two months in the PL without a proper manager that has experience.
    As well as that, by the time they appoint someone the transfer window will be over. All the other clubs in and around relegation will be strengthening their teams, Blackburn will have to carry on with the same players when improvements, particularly up front, are needed.
    It's a disaster for the club and could set us back years after good work by Hughes and then Allardyce.
    Sam will be West Ham manager by Christmas I reckon. Gold and Sullivan aren't even as stupid as our new owners.

M5, you seem to be uttering alot of tabloid bull. You haven't provided one stat or quote from a player to back up what you are saying.

I think the owners are in cloud cuckoo land and I don't believe any of the Maradona talk. It's tablod bullsh!t and only the tabloids are running it.
    As for a manager, I've heard Stuart Pearce mentioned - please god, no.
    Martin O'Neill has been mentioned also - I'd love him but I can't see him taking a role at Blackburn, it'd be a step backwards.
    Truth be told I'd love the board and Sam to get over this and for Sam to come back. The owners haven't a notion if they think a club with limited resources like Blackburn can last two months in the PL without a proper manager that has experience.
    As well as that, by the time they appoint someone the transfer window will be over. All the other clubs in and around relegation will be strengthening their teams, Blackburn will have to carry on with the same players when improvements, particularly up front, are needed.
    It's a disaster for the club and could set us back years after good work by Hughes and then Allardyce.
    Sam will be West Ham manager by Christmas I reckon. Gold and Sullivan aren't even as stupid as our new owners.

M5, you seem to be uttering alot of tabloid bull. You haven't provided one stat or quote from a player to back up what you are saying.

Has there been any indication on how much they are going to spend on players? That could have a huge bearing on the quality of manager you get

Also there seems to be solid quotes in the Maradona story
    Indian firm Venky's, who bought the Lancashire club earlier this season, axed manager Sam Allardyce on Monday.

They have been linked with a host of names since, including Maradona, and their chairman Anuradha Desai confirmed they had made contact.

However, she also revealed that the plan is for Kean to stay in charge until the summer.

"We thought about Maradona as a coach after we took over," she said.

"Talks were at the initial stage then, but there is no development on that front yet.

The accusations that are being slung are tabloid bull too m8! "Newcastle fans expect to be entertained" Horse sh1t! I watched the whole thing unfold, pretty much every game! don't insult me by insinuating i get my views from the fcuking Sun!

There are plenty of stats there, the rubbish players, the poor form, the handier half of the season....

Sam Allardyce sacking puts Premier League on alert over Blackburn Rovers transfer policy

The Premier League is monitoring developments at Blackburn Rovers amid concern that the involvement of sports rights agency Kentaro and player agency the SEM Group could potentially breach league rules.

The role of Kentaro, a Swiss media rights agency that has contracts with international federations including the Football Association, is understood to be at the heart of Sam Allardyce’s sudden departure from Ewood Park this week.

Kentaro acted as adviser to the club’s Indian owners, Venky’s, during the takeover completed last month and now, through its partnership with SEM Group, appears to have taken a central role in transfer policy at the club.

Allardyce is understood to have objected to the owners insisting that transfer targets would be identified by Kentaro and SEM after he was presented with a list including Middlesbrough’s Kris Boyd, David Bentley, of Tottenham, and Hull City’s Geovanni.

All three players are SEM clients, and the recent transfers of Boyd and Geovanni are listed as “transfer highlights” on the company’s website.
    Coach Steve Kean, also understood to be close to SEM, is likely to be in charge of Blackburn Rovers for the next two months, which will include the January transfer window.
    Venky’s chairman Anuradha Desai said: “Our thinking is that it will be a British manager, but we are open if it is an outstanding candidate. Right now Steve Kean will take over while we are looking for someone to take over on a permanent basis.”
    SEM, run by Jerome Anderson, one of the most experienced agents in the English game, played a similar role following Thaksin Shinawatra’s takeover of Manchester City. Anderson acted as a special adviser to the club and oversaw all transfer activity at the start of Sven-Goran Eriksson’s tenure.
    League rules ban any third-party ownership of clubs or players, and prohibit third parties from exerting “undue influence” over a club’s activities. The league will scrutinise Blackburn’s future transfer dealings and other business to ensure that they fall within the rules.
    There is nothing in the rules to prevent clubs employing brokers or advisers to guide them, and it is not surprising that Venky’s, an Indian poultry conglomerate with no previous sporting experience, sought guidance in the Blackburn deal.
    Any evidence that an agency was favouring its clients in the transfer market, or dealing primarily with clubs where it had strong links, would potentially breach rules.
    There is no suggestion that there has been any breach of the rules, and the presence of respected club chairman John Williams, still at the club last night despite speculation over his position, is offering comfort to the Premier League.
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said of Allardyce’s sacking: “It’s incredible. The game has gone mad.”
    Speaking on the American radio station Sirius XM, he added: “Apparently, they have taken on an agent to advise them on how to run the club, which players to use and pick. It’s unbelievable, very odd, and it tells you everything about the modern game.”
    Kentaro is understood to have been involved in the takeover from an early stage, and the Premier League was made aware of its role in meetings with the Rao family, owners of Venky’s.
    The company, founded in 2003 by Swiss media executives Philipp Grothe and Philippe Huber, specialises in marketing media rights for international matches, and has made its name organising high-profile friendly internationals in neutral venues.
    It first came to prominence in the UK when it organised England’s friendly against Argentina in Geneva in 2005, a game that was to become the template for Kentaro’s operations.
    That game was the start of an ongoing relationship with the FA, which in 2007 sold Kentaro the exclusive broadcast rights to FA Cup and England internationals in Europe for four years.
    As part of that contract it rejected offers from terrestrial broadcasters for England’s ‘dead’ World Cup qualifier against Ukraine in 2009 in favour of an internet-only pay-per-view broadcast.
    Kentaro’s highest-profile contracts are with the Brazilian football federation and Argentine FA, and it was responsible for ensuring that Brazil played the opening match at the new Wembley against England. It also arranged the reciprocal “home” match in which England travelled to Qatar to play Brazil in 2009.
    Kentaro was also responsible for staging Brazil’s friendly internationals at the Emirates, the game against Ukraine at Pride Park earlier this year, and the Brazil v Argentina game in Qatar last month that formed part of the emirate’s 2022 World Cup campaign.
    It has also had contracts to market Chelsea friendly games, and with Arsenal to market the pre-season Emirates Cup.
    While Kentaro’s broadcast and staging work is well known in football, its tie-up with SEM, founded and run by one of the best-known agents in English football, Anderson, is less high-profile.
    The precise nature of the relationship between the companies is unclear.
    According to the SEM website, Kentaro is its “partner”, while the Swiss company says they “joined forces” in February 2009 to “further enhance its activity in the player management business”.
    Neither Kentaro nor SEM would comment on the arrangement on Tuesday, but it is understood that both companies have been looking to get involved closely in club management in recent seasons.
    Anderson founded Sport Entertainment and Media Group in 1984 and the company’s early success was based on a close relationship with Arsenal.
    Ian Wright, Dennis Bergkamp, David Seaman, Tony Adams and Thierry Henry were all SEM clients, and Anderson’s relationship with former club vice-chairman David Dein was particularly strong. Dein’s son Darren worked for SEM and is now Cesc Fabregas’s agent.
    Former world heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis was also a client, and the company has more than 150 players on its books, including John Obi Mikel, of Chelsea, and Arsenal’s Kieran Gibbs.
    Neither Venky’s nor Blackburn Rovers would comment on the relationship between the club, its owners and Kentaro and SEM on Tuesday night.
    Venkatash Rao, one of the club’s owners, said that they may wait several months before replacing Allardyce, and would seek a “younger and more energetic appointment”.
    “It is a prestigious decision so we have to take some time,” he said.
    “This is nothing personal against Sam, he’s a very sweet and nice person, but we want a younger and more energetic appointment. We want to improve the club and see it doing well.”
    Who’s pulling the strings at Ewood Park
    »VENKY’S Indian poultry conglomerate founded by Dr DV Rao in 1971 and now run by his daughter, Anuradha Desai, and her brothers, Balaji and Venkatash. As well as chicken products the company has diversified into breeding and genetic technologies, disease research and vaccine development.
    »KENTARO Swiss-based sports rights agency founded in 2003 by Philipp Grothe and Philippe Huber. Close relationship with the Brazilian and Argentine federations, for whom the agency arranges friendlies, and the FA, with whom Kentaro has a four-year deal to market broadcast rights to England internationals and FA Cup games in Europe.
    »SEM GROUP Leading player agency founded by Jerome Anderson in 1984. Particularly strong links with Arsenal and worked closely with Manchester City during Thanksin Shinawatra’s ownership. Clients include Thierry Henry, Ian Wright, John Obi Mikel, Kieran Gibbs and a string of media clients.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8202393/Sam-Allardyce-sacking-puts-Premier-League-on-alert-over-Blackburn-Rovers-transfer-policy.html

Argentinian links and Maradona being linked?
    All sorts of crazy sh1t going on.

All sorts of crazy sh1t going on.

Im not sure about him TBH, do you think it would be a good thing? Would be a huge "draw" for players you'd think! Looks like there is too much going on. Whos in control?

Has there been any indication on how much they are going to spend on players? That could have a huge bearing on the quality of manager you get

Also there seems to be solid quotes in the Maradona story

The accusations that are being slung are tabloid bull too m8! "Newcastle fans expect to be entertained" Horse sh1t! I watched the whole thing unfold, pretty much every game! don't insult me by insinuating i get my views from the fcuking Sun!

There are plenty of stats there, the rubbish players, the poor form, the handier half of the season....

Well post some links with examples then. You haven't provided one so far despite uttering these 'views'. There's absolutely nothing to back up what you're saying - particularly as Newcastle were 11th when he finished up!

• Advertisement

Im not sure about him TBH, do you think it would be a good thing? Would be a huge "draw" for players you'd think! Looks like there is too much going on. Whos in control?
    I don't know and I'm very worried right now. These people clearly knew nothing about football when they came in. But I thought things would be fine with John Williams running things for them and bringing them up to speed on everything but they go outside the club for this stuff and it all sounds crazy now.

As for the Maradona stuff, we would be the laughing stock of the league if we hired him.

Advertisement