Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Glass?

• 13-12-2010 6:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here know, roughly of course how much it would cost for a normal pane of Glass roughly 22inches x 17inches ? The glass will be used on the front of an Arcade Machine im building so i dunno how thick, what type etc it should be. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

keithgeo wrote: »
    Does anyone here know, roughly of course how much it would cost for a normal pane of Glass roughly 22inches x 17inches ? The glass will be used on the front of an Arcade Machine im building so i dunno how thick, what type etc it should be. Any help appreciated.

Regular clear glass shouldn't cost any more than about €40 I'd say. Any glazer can cut it to size.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks! I just wanted to get a general idea of how much it was going to cost. thats great, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I would6mm laminated glass for that job! If you use plain or toughened glass it will shatter if it gets broken. Laminated glass will only crack, stay together and wont shatter.its a much safer glass to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your suppose to use toughened glass.... For different reasons but I imagine the laminated would be the best way to go...

Dont know where you live but my brother is a glazer if your living in Dublin meath I would gladly forward you his details...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Please do forward me his details, it will probably be a month or so again i have the cabinet in a position where i need to get the glass.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement