Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever said your username out loud and been embarrassed?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not embarrassed, even though my username is a little silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Not embarrassed, even though my username is a little silly.

Kirby's badass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ya one time Donal (webmonkey or something on here) shouted out "Lia!" when I was out in Killarney one night. I was too drunk to be embarrassed. Guess it's not really embarrassing compared to other names here but Lia isn't my name!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

kowloon wrote: »
    I would have loved to have heard Jizzlord tell someone his username.

I remember when I found him on boards, one long boring night at work a few years ago, he was fairly morto to have to explain it to his big sis. He did try and cry it off as being a slurred version of "Jesus is lord", the chancer :cool:

I think that if an AH beers happens in Galway, I'm just going to wear my username on a nametag. Would be so much easier and possibly less embarrassing than saying it out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Used to be called Standard Toaster, was Sarcasm Spasm before that.
    Just gonna roar CHAKKA!!! at anyone who asks from now on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Whats with all the username changes recently?? Its very hard to stalk recognise people now..:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Chakka!!! wrote: »

I See CHAKKA... In my head I hear SHABBA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Chakka!!! wrote: »

You were Edge or The Edge before too weren't you? I remember you being called that at the first AH beers I was at :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You were Edge or The Edge before too weren't you? I remember you being called that at the first AH beers I was at :D

I sure was! Good memory :)

You used to be called 'Ingrown Testical' yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Not embarrassed but once a friend I know called me by me username, about 60 fellas in the shopping market turned towards her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kowloon wrote: »
    I would have loved to have heard Jizzlord tell someone his username.
    Heard that so many times, and it was so funny, just the way he did it and the inevitable conversation. Still miss that guy.
    I met the user Errrr! at a beers. When I asked her her username, I just thought she was a bit thick.

When i met her I had to ask people after she left what her name was, they all didn't remember :p

It's more fun to tell mine due to the range of funny reactions. One guy fanned himself :| It's funny to hear people talk about you on a bus, or somebody on o connell street looking for the culprit do a 180 when they heard somebody say 'flirtar'. Loved at my firstor second boards beers I think it was and a syxpak putting stickers saying 'lesbian' etc all over me and people would know it was me without asking :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

CorkMan wrote: »
    Not embarrassed but once a friend I know called me by me username, about 60 fellas in the shopping market turned towards her.

Cant imagine shouting CorkMan in a shopping centre to be that horrific. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Thankfully I don't socialize with any other boardsies and therefore I have no reason to say my username out loud :cool::cool:

Boardsies who meet up with each other for drinks only reinforce the fact that they have no friends and need to talk randomly with strangers to make them feel appreciated in life, esp those lads who desperately seek thanks from people... VALIDATE ME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Cant imagine shouting CorkMan in a shopping centre to be that horrific. . .

If you shouted out your username in a Wicklow shopping centre, you would get the same result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I got a text from someone I know once asking me 'Are you AnonoBoy'?

God damn it - turns out my ranting online persona is too similar to my ranting real world persona. :mad:

I wasn't embarrassed though cause I didn't have to say it out loud.

If I did have to that would be awful because then people would realise that it's not Anono Boy it's A No No Boy

It's a no no boy? I always read your name as anonboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My old nickname here (and my name in games) was Murderer. People used to shout that whenever they'd see me. I think AdMMM is a vast improvement. Sounds good in your ear too...

It's a no no boy? I always read your name as anonboy.

Well it's definitely not that.

I always read it as Anono boy, like you're the anonymous guy.

What's "a no no boy" about so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If I did have to that would be awful because then people would realise that it's not Anono Boy it's A No No Boy

Yeah, I've tried to figure out your user name. Anonymous => AnonoMouse => AnonoBoy ?? It just doesn't make any sense!!! :confused:

xoxyx wrote: »
    Yeah, I've tried to figure out your user name. Anonymous => AnonoMouse => AnonoBoy ?? It just doesn't make any sense!!! :confused:

I tried to figure out yours too. What is it a games of Xs and Os that got out of hand and turned into an alphabet free-for-all?

I always read it as Anono boy, like you're the anonymous guy.

What's "a no no boy" about so?

I was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Allure_ wrote: »
    Nope

I'd be.

Joke :pac:

I was joking.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I tried to figure out yours too. What is it a games of Xs and Os that got out of hand and turned into an alphabet free-for-all?

It was meant to be xoyxx but I spelled it wrong.

I meant Anonboy as in anonymous boy. But I guess a non-boy also works.

xoxyx wrote: »
    It was meant to be xoyxx but I spelled it wrong.

ah, well that makes perfect sense then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Nothing to be embarrassed about with my name. Its a physics term. Albeit a rare one.

It has to do with the amounts of magnetism generated by very low notes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/funk_field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I haven't been embarassed by my username on here. I have about my Xbox live account when I had to call Microsoft support before....my username is PaddySmallBalls

Your username is sig2big on xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Your username is sig2big on xbox?

You know it big daddy! Why has that happened, it was working yesterday...meh...my username on Xbox is PaddySmallBalls

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mine is part of my email address so I always die a little when I have to painstakingly spell it out over the phone and there's that pause before

"pee-ka-ronné? you are sure?... ok"

I thought for a bit at the beginning of the thread that Frada was going to be pronounced 'Frodda' like fada with an R. The suspense was short lived.

I would also not pronounce liah and leah the same way. Coincidentally, 'liah' sounds like the Irish word for grey, which is synonymous with boring :D

And I hate when people change their names. You people don't realise how annoying that is. Quit doing it.

Mine is part of my email address so I always die a little when I have to painstakingly spell it out over the phone and there's that pause before

"pee-ka-ronné? you are sure?... ok"

I thought for a bit at the beginning of the thread that Frada was going to be pronounced 'Frodda' like fada with an R. The suspense was short lived.

I would also not pronounce liah and leah the same way. Coincidentally, 'liah' sounds like the Irish word for grey, which is synonymous with boring :D

And I hate when people change their names. You people don't realise how annoying that is. Quit doing it.

Hang on, is liah not pronounced "Leah"??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

The Master wrote: »
    I've never been embarrassed myself but people shouting across the bar "Hey Master" have certainly been embarrassed :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721aeEQYgRo#t=0m26s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

No, i quite like mine :pac:

Advertisement