Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe return advice

Options
  • 13-12-2010 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

Am in the middle of a shoe return thing and wondering has anyone else similar experience

- bought shoes last thursday, wore them friday and a number of the gold studs on them have come off, shop has told me they dont stand over diamontes or studs coming off - what are my rights?

Shop is to get back to me on whether or not I am entitled to a refund but I'd like to know more about my rights when they get back to me.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

cherry1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Am in the middle of a shoe return thing and wondering has anyone else similar experience

- bought shoes last thursday, wore them friday and a number of the gold studs on them have come off, shop has told me they dont stand over diamontes or studs coming off - what are my rights?

Shop is to get back to me on whether or not I am entitled to a refund but I'd like to know more about my rights when they get back to me.

Any thoughts?

What? So they knowingly stand over substandard goods? Your rights are to a repair, refund or replacement. Do not let them talk you down on this. The appearance of the shoe was probably what caused you to buy them in the first place so you can argue that they are not fit for the purpose intended -- especially after they didn't even last a week. That is some absolutely shoddy after service.

Also, don't be fobbed off with a credit note. You are entitled to one of the three "r"'s I outlined above. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Bottom line a part of the shoe failed dont matter if it was for decoration or not the shoe is not how it left the factory and as intended to look.

As above said stick to your guns and do not let them away with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cherry1

Thanks for that - you both seem to know what you're talking about so one more question - can I insist on a refund which is what I prefer or must I accept a replacement or repair? Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Consumer law says that you must get one of the three "R"s - replacement, repair or refund - but it does not state which one takes preference. It is up to the retailer to make a reasonable offer (reasonable to both the retailer and you). You are not automatically entitled to insist on a refund, but most retailers will probably offer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

They also must replace like with like. So if the style colour etc is not identical then you can reject it as a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cherry1

thanks for that, I'll post the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

cherry1 wrote: »
    thanks for that, I'll post the outcome.

Good luck with it. :)

Advertisement