Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altern8 (Kennedy's) + After-party : NYE 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Oooooh I think I need to change my jocks. Me likes the sound of this one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the Warehouse Collective

Wait till you see the after party line up too!!
    Will be released later today.

If you wanna go to after party you need to get the tickets for Kenneddys as we will only be accommodating people from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Looks very tempting, missed the first two Warehouse Collective nights so really wanna go to this one. Really enjoyed Mark's set last time I saw him in Kennedys too. Not bad value considering it's NYE and you get entry to Altern8/bus to after party and entrance to after party!

I did hear though that the Warehouse Collective NYE night would be in a 1000 or so capacity venue, surely there won't even be half that amount heading after Kennedys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Change of plan my end was supposed to be going to a warehouse rave in London but now might not make it so good chance ill head to this instead.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Change of plan my end was supposed to be going to a warehouse rave in London but now might not make it so good chance ill head to this instead.:)

Would be nice to put a face to the name tbh. May head in myself, if there are decent jack and jills floating about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can't make it to Kennedys as we're already booked up elsewhere, can you go to the afters if your still willing to pay for a €25 ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Can't make it to Kennedys as we're already booked up elsewhere, can you go to the afters if your still willing to pay for a €25 ticket?

I don't see why not.

"After Kennedy’s ticket holders will be invited to a private after party at which there will be full facilities. There will be party buses running and this will be included in your ticket price. Only ticket holders will be given the venue and bus location prior to the day."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=177511198945058

Might be worth mailing Surge or one of the Warehouse Collective guys to double check.

Couple of line up updates:

DEFEKT has been added to the support in Kennedy's.

Upstairs in Kennedy's will be hosted by the Deep Coalition crew.
    They will keep the sounds Deep and Chuggin whilst keepin that House Groove going all night long with:
    Moro & John Lawley
    Diggers
    Phil long
    Bradley & Blu nun.

The WAREHOUSE line UP:

ALTERN8
    FRAN HARTNETT
    SUNIL SHARPE
    GILES ARMSTRONG
    ROB MOORE
    SIMON CONWAY
    16HZ & JOHNNY OAKLEY

As it says above access to the whole thing is only €25 tickets available from:
    www.eventelephant.com/altern8oldskoolnyeparty

Tickets are moving fast so spread the word and get them early so you dont miss out.
    Any questions can be mailed to whousecollective@gmail.com or on our facebook group page.

ONLY 2 MORE SLEEPS!!!
    10pm till 10am!!! Dont get much better with that line up!
    Tix nearly sold out so get on it so you dont miss out!

Just booked tickets, really looking forward to this now!

• Advertisement

Jello wrote: »
    Just booked tickets, really looking forward to this now!

Same as(tryin to be un-bias :)), we're plannin a few extra treats for the night thats in it.
    The Kennedys capacity is nearly at max so spread the word to your friends to make sure no-one misses out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

wait altern8 in kennedys beside tcd? as in new years eve on friday?

wait altern8 in kennedys beside tcd? as in new years eve on friday?

You read it right my man.
    Here's the poster. There's feck all tickets left so get your friends on it:
    NewYearsPoster.jpg

Link to purchase is:

www.eventelephant.com/altern8oldskoolnyeparty

One ticket get all.
    Seeya on the dancefloor!!

The only place to be tonight!! Tix to Kennedys sold out.
    Afterparty tix available from link above.
    `haPPY newyear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

There's a few of us looking to go to the afterparty later but we're weary about how to get there if we buy tickets, is it defo not possible to get the buses if you only have an after party ticket? how much would a taxi from say, the bernard shaw to the after party cost? I'm obviously not looking for the location, just how far it would be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

The only place to be tonight!! Tix to Kennedys sold out.
    Afterparty tix available from link above.
    `haPPY newyear

I do not have credit card - any other way of getting a ticket?

Is the warehouse party a BYOB - or cough is that a stupid question.

krd wrote: »
    I do not have credit card - any other way of getting a ticket?

Is the warehouse party a BYOB - or cough is that a stupid question.

You can buy your ticket on the bus AFAIK.

Yes, the warehouse party is BYOB and they'll be selling cans there as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

1968 wrote: »
    You can buy your ticket on the bus AFAIK.

Yes, the warehouse party is BYOB and they'll be selling cans there as well.

I might just take a chance on it, in that case.

Any idea what time Kennedy's is finished at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gamerboy

Does anyone know what time the first bus will be leaving at for the people not going to kennedys?

The Warehouse got broken up by cops at about 4:30am.

From one of the organisers:

"The cops broke in and shut it down. Illegally..Nothing anyone could do. We kept them at the gates for two hours then they cut the lock. Sorry for inconvenience caused."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

Just like on the bbc news back in the early 90's...legends.

It's such a shame it was shut down so early, it was really shaping up to be an amazing night. The whole setup in the warehouse was amazing. Saw this on their facebook so good to see they'll be back running more nights

Warehouse Collective would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused last night. The police stumbled upon the gig at around 3:30 am and we kept them at the gates until after 5. They then proceeded to cut the lock off the gate and storm the building. They had no reason to do this and gained access to the warehouse ...illegally.
    There was nothing anybody could have done to prevent it.
    It was just a case of act now, ask questions later on their behalf.
    Again we apologize but don't be disheartened as we will be back with a lot more quality nights in 2011.
    Any questions please email us on whousecollective@gmail.com and we will respond asap.
    Thanks for your support
    Warehouse Collective
    "nighttime is our time"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭tulachmhor

Indeed it was a shame that it got shut down just when it was getting going.
    Fair play to whomever kept the wolf from the door for as long as was possible.

Although,I would be somewhat sceptical of having 2 consecutive rave's in the same location within 3 weeks of eachother.

In saying all that,I look forward to manys a good night/day partyng in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Will there be another one of these nights coming up soon?

Absolutely there will be more afterhour parties asap.
    We wont be posting online like we did for New Years again but everyone who purchased tickets and are currently members will be notified and we will rely on you to spread the good word and not let those in society who think its a bad thing to be able to dance into the afterhours know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Absolutely there will be more afterhour parties asap.
    We wont be posting online like we did for New Years again but everyone who purchased tickets and are currently members will be notified and we will rely on you to spread the good word and not let those in society who think its a bad thing to be able to dance into the afterhours know.

nice one fella keep us informed ;)

Advertisement