Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice required on a new tv?

• 13-12-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭

Hi, I never knew this section of boards.ie existed. I have been haunting the terristrial section of cable and digital tv. I'm hoping someone here will be able provide me with a bit of clarity on the issue

Anyway, I'll get down to it. I have €350 to spend. I want to get a 32 inch flat screen tv that I can mount to a wall. (I will also need a suitable wall bracket) I want to be able receive Saorviews service mpeg4 & mheg5. I am gonna get a combo box down the line to receive the freeview UK channels but for the time being I will be using an old sky box. I want to wait until a combo box that has mheg 5 becomes available to buy one. I also would like to be able connect an external hard drive to the tv to play movies off it. I don't know anything about 720, 1080p etc hd ready full hd, led, LCD or plasma?

I had been looking at a few tvs in powercity that seemed to fit the bill. But I'm not sure which one to go for. Does anyone know if powercity have after Christmas sales? I have never bought from them before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32C530

Ok so I went ahead and ordered the above TV. I now want to get a wall mount for it. But I am fairly tapped now. What is the best price i could expect to pay for a reliable wall mount for this TV?

Do all flat screen wall mounts fit all brands of LCD TVs?

Advertisement