Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe weather warning for west/north west

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Looking at the meteireann website, we're not going to get any up until thursday but they don't predict after that.

It looks like we're getting a repeat of the last dose of snow, 1 big drop and then nothing. That's assuming the big thaw will be here for Christmas Eve as predicted by meteireann.
    Hope to god we get more !:p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It hit a balmy -14 this morning at 5am in Castlebar. Its still reading -11. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I hit -15.5 going past Beverley Flynn's house!
    There was also a good bit of black ice on the N5(is that the road?!) around her house - watch out folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Apparently Foxford broke record last night with -17 :eek:

I was up through Foxford and Castlebar last night, the lowest I seen was -14 around SeasonMaster, it only reached down to -11 in Foxford at the time.

• Advertisement

I was up through Foxford and Castlebar last night, the lowest I seen was -14 around SeasonMaster, it only reached down to -11 in Foxford at the time.

Read on another board it was on 2FM

-10 in Crossmolina at 7am while i was defrosting the poor car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

-10 In Ballinrobe at half seven this morning. Here in galway now and its -6 at the minute.

According to RTE news there, we've the possiblity of snow tonight and tomorrow morning.

According to RTE news there, we've the possiblity of snow tonight and tomorrow morning.
    yes! :D
    I recorded -12 at 8am this morning in crossmolina

I noticed a few flakes falling there, coming in past Mount Falcon - I wonder what the morning will bring!

• Advertisement

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    yes! :D
    I recorded -12 at 8am this morning in crossmolina

Must be a record for Cross Mo!

couple of inches aswell.

I noticed a few flakes falling there, coming in past Mount Falcon - I wonder what the morning will bring!
    Nice bit of snow in crossmolina.
    Heard ballina is a nightmare, up to 8 inches or somthing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Anyone heard anything about the approches to Knock airport? Leaving soon to pick people up. Talk of road blocked somewhere between Lahardane and Pontoon. Will the hill leading up to airport be passable?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Hi all,
    Heading up to Belmullet on Christmas eve from Galway, has anyone been on the Castlebar to Bangor road? What are the conditions like?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭minstrel_boy

Anyone heard anything about the approches to Knock airport? Leaving soon to pick people up. Talk of road blocked somewhere between Lahardane and Pontoon. Will the hill leading up to airport be passable?

Keep us posted on lahardane/pontoon road/. Need to go that way on wednesday/thursday evening

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Heading up to Belmullet on Christmas eve from Galway, has anyone been on the Castlebar to Bangor road? What are the conditions like?
    Thanks.
    Well from hearing about it in the last cold spell we've had, it was meant to be treacherous. So I would think its not much better this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Well from hearing about it in the last cold spell we've had, it was meant to be treacherous. So I would think its not much better this time round

Thanks buddy,

We might have to stay in Galway, that won't go down to good.

Nice bit of snow in crossmolina.
    Heard ballina is a nightmare, up to 8 inches or somthing:eek:

I couldn't believe it when I woke up, it was easily 8 inches! If you get a chance, come into town for a look - the Crossmolina/Ballina road is in good condition.

I couldn't believe it when I woke up, it was easily 8 inches! If you get a chance, come into town for a look - the Crossmolina/Ballina road is in good condition.
    Just back from Ballina now.
    My god there is some depth of snow !:eek:

It was brutal this morning - 2 vans trying to get up by Coyne tyres and failing miserably!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks.

Starie ... and in reply to my own post from this morning....
    worst I've ever driven in - and i'm an experienced and competent driver. You know yourself if it has be done, it will be uncomfortable and tense. Take it dead handy. I'm here on the southern side of nephin, but as far as I know all roads are passable - just really treacherous. We had a lot of fog thrown into the mix today - hopefully you'll not have that. Good luck!

The temp's gone up to -3, from -15 this morning and the weather forecast on the 9 pm news seems to think we'll be having some tonight and possibly tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

The temp's gone up to -3, from -15 this morning and the weather forecast on the 9 pm news seems to think we'll be having some tonight and possibly tomorrow.

Was just outside a few minutes ago and noticed the increase in temp as well. First thing that came into my mind was more snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Just back from Ballina now.
    My god there is some depth of snow !:eek:

You really are obsessed with snow!!

You really are obsessed with snow!!

Funny that, with it being all cold and snowy like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Funny that, with it being all cold and snowy like :D

Ah yeah, but hes driving to see it!!

Ah yeah, but hes driving to see it!!
    I didnt go to ballina just to look at the snow if thats what your thinking :rolleyes:

I didnt go to ballina just to look at the snow if thats what your thinking :rolleyes:

I would never think that! And theres enough of it in Crossmolina for everyone. Sick of driving to work in this stuff at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

-15 there in Cbar. Freeze the nads off you.
    The moon is mental!!

Advertisement