Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living across the pond? Come and introduce yourself!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cwbiii

I was born and have lived here all my life... as have my ancestors for a number of generations. Have yet to take a flight across the pond. My heritage is a mix of Scottish,
    (Grant, Nichols, Bleakney?) French (Oulette), British (Whitfield, Bleakney?), and Irish (Bleakney exported to Ireland in the 1700's from England during King Charles reign) with some native American thrown in for good measure.

The exact source of my surname (Bleakney) is as yet unknown to me though I'm pretty sure it is somewhere in the British Isles. (Scottish?, English?, Welsh?)
    I have an affinity for open places (woods, mountains, countryside) and a dislike for crowded places like cities...
    so I'm leaning more towards Pict as my basic heritage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Moved from Kilkenny to Cincinnati with my lady in May 2010. Gladly found work, GAA and rashers.

Life is good!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 choppermann

born in Dublin
    escaped in 87 and have been living the good life ever since.
    Living on cape cod right now and don't see myself going anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Screwjack

Born and raised in the States. My Irish ancestors came here in the early 1800s, my wife's around the time of the Rising. We're going to be heading over to Ireland this summer for our delayed honeymoon (she's a teacher, so it was better to wait until summer when she had three months off of work). We're even thinking about getting a house in Ireland and living there half the year (if possible...at some point), near Castlebar.

Oh, and first post, so hello to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Screwjack wrote: »
    Born and raised in the States. My Irish ancestors came here in the early 1800s, my wife's around the time of the Rising. We're going to be heading over to Ireland this summer for our delayed honeymoon (she's a teacher, so it was better to wait until summer when she had three months off of work). We're even thinking about getting a house in Ireland and living there half the year (if possible...at some point), near Castlebar.

Oh, and first post, so hello to all!

Welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 miryongee

Korean born but raised a Valley girl from So Cal! engaged to an irishman and now ireland is where I call home! Besides Temple Bar I havent met many Americans here. Is there an American community here in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iVari

Hi everyone :)

My first post here. I'm Irish born and raised. I have been living in the US for 11 years now and am married and run my own business with my husband.

I originally moved to PA and then to VA (where I met my DH) and we now live in Michigan. All my immediate family lives in Limerick. My 2 sisters are both members of this board, but post in other areas.

I am still on my green card, just have not bothered with citizenship yet and am not sure if I ever will. As of now I am quiet happy not being a US citizen or having dual citizenship.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. I've been reading a lot of threads here and find it fascinating and comforting to see so many Irish chit chatting away :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Welcome ye'all! Post here often.

Advertisement