Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to sell my gear

• 13-12-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

My bike was stolen a few month back and I'm Left with all my gear from it. Leathers helmet and boots etc. I have it on adverts I'm just wondering if there's any other places worth putting them as adverts bikes accessories doesn't get a lot of traffic and I want rid asap as it's bad memories!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I've always found donedeal and gumtree better for selling bikes. Had one up for weeks on adverts, nothing but low ball offers and timewasters - sold on gumtree within a day of putting it up for asking. I don't think adverts is really suited to bike sales, for whatever reason.

Might be the same for gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

sorry to hear about your bike being stolen.....does this mean you're giving up biking altogether???

You could post it up on biker.ie or irishbikerforum as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Cheers lads il give them a go. Yup I have a car as well so I've been using that an not in a position to get a new bike so I'd sooner see my gear being put to good use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

+1 for Donedeal. There is a specific Motorbike Accessories section.

'cptr

...and as I pressed the Post Reply button I remembered that I buy most of my gear from ebay.co.uk Have you used eBay before? Is your bike gear worth a lot of money?

• Advertisement

Well it cost over a grand new but if I can get half that I'd be happy

I had a look at your ad and I reckon you are being overly optimistic with your prices. No doubt you paid what you paid, however if you price most of that stuff you are listing it above current NEW prices. Your boots were on sale at the UK bike show last month for £80, I have a pair of them myself and nearly bought a second pair at that price.

Give everything a really good clean and list them separately on eBay with low start prices and a moderate reserve but don't expect anyting like half what you paid or be disappointed.

GLWS!

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I had a look at your ad and I reckon you are being overly optimistic with your prices.

+1 on this. Didn't want to say it because it looks quite new, and OP has already been hit with the loss of their bike :( but unless it's a certain brand (Belstaff for example seems to sell at high prices) bike gear really takes a plunge when sold second hand.

Especially a second hand helmet, a lot of people wouldn't consider buying one.

I'd be the same in that usually I only buy new gear at things like the Birmingham show, otherwise second hand off ebay if I know my size.

Hi lads I've reviewed the prices, I had then higher than I wanted so there would be haggling room! The stuff weighs an absolute ton so I'm going to try avoid eBay. Those prices better tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

why give up biking ?

• Advertisement

I have a car now and couldn't afford to buy a bike or keep both on the road. Unfortunately my job requires the car so I can't swap it over. The gear is taking up space and there isn't a hope of me using it within the next year anyway as it is it's in near perfect condition and it's just a shame to leave it in the wardrobe.

Advertisement