Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG 4 at SONISPHERE!!!

Options
  • 13-12-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

As it says guys, The BIG 4 will be playing the Friday at SONISPHERE :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

just on the soni site. nothing up yet. presume this is for soni uk?
    where you hear about this?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

hellyeah wrote: »
    just on the soni site. nothing up yet. presume this is for soni uk?
    where you hear about this?:confused:

Just called my mate, he said it's on an embargo till 8pm, 100% accurate though

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

Confirmed on Twitter

up on the soni site. confirmned.:Dthere is a metal god!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I think I know what my big gig for the summer is going to be :D. Now, to try and convince my friends to come along.

• Advertisement

Luton Airport is 10miles away, gonna fly in on the fri morning, and fly back out Sat morning :-)

flying into luton myself. doing the whole weekend. staying in stevenage.
    took a gamble and booked flights and accomodation couple of weeks back.
    glad i did with this announement. was at the download festivel last year which was amazing. think this is going to top it.!!!:eek:
    3 day ticket with no camping £150.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    Luton Airport is 10miles away, gonna fly in on the fri morning, and fly back out Sat morning :-)

Just emailed the press office, there's a good chance they're not doing day tickets, as they believe it will be a sell out before Christmas based on this news. That remains to be seen, but I can't see any other reason to go other then this day and then maybe fly to Dublin for a second Big Four gig....come on, could happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just emailed the press office, there's a good chance they're not doing day tickets, as they believe it will be a sell out before Christmas based on this news. That remains to be seen, but I can't see any other reason to go other then this day and then maybe fly to Dublin for a second Big Four gig....come on, could happen!

I reckon the chances of it happening on Irish soil are fairly low, but I'd love to see it happen. No way in hell I'm going to be able to a afford tickets for this before xmas. This show wouldn't just make my day, it would make my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I HAVE to go to this. However, I dont think I could convince any of my buddies to go.

Would there be any interest amongst boardsies to create a group of those who are likely to have to go on their tobler, but it could be prevented by clubbing together with other boardsies in the same position ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭yahurespuestas

ooohh s****!! thats so great!!!

but im in the same position of you Het-field...

i will be interested in join into a group...

one question... do you know if its posibble to buy just the ticket for that gig i mean not the 3 days... just the friday ?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

scudzilla wrote: »

Will there be day tickets?

Those flights are currently €65, I'd be very interested in going for the one night even if it meant buying a weekend ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'll only go if there's day tickets tbh,there's nothing on the weekends bill that really interests me at all other than the Big 4.

does somebody knows when will it be the starting day to buy the tickets???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just heard from the same guy who tipped me off on The Big 4, It's highly doubtful that they will be selling ANY day tickets at all, they expect to Sell Out after the Big 4 announcement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I might get shot but the big 4 is kinda meh since Metallica played 2 years ago (i no they have a connection with Soni) , Slayer and Anthrax played last year. Would only really go for Biffy and Slipknot at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I would say that we have a some hope of a Big Four gig here, just going on the passed two years alone. Sonisphere is only two years old, and for the passed two years we have had a gig from the big headliners the day before the headlined ie. Metallica in Marley Park in 2009 and this year Iron Maiden in the O2. So just going on that alone, there should be some hope for the Big Four in Ireland.

I hope we get one anyway 'cause I'm not liking the fact that there is no day tickets. Just don't think I could spend the weekend there or even get a group of friends together for that. One day would have been perfect, but I can see why they are not doing it this year.

They may well be saying that there's no day tickets to bump up the sales of weekend tickets(yes,i'm that cynical!). Give it a months time and magically we'll see day tickets on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    They may well be saying that there's no day tickets to bump up the sales of weekend tickets(yes,i'm that cynical!). Give it a months time and magically we'll see day tickets on sale.

it's not being cynical Lucan - well ok it is, be we all know this is what they do.......it's limited to 60k - so really depends on how big this announcement is, to be honest a lot of people are put off by Biffy Clyro being a headliner.....
    I'd have very little interest at the moment in going to anything but Friday - and I don't fancy shelling out so much on the back of one day of interest at a Fest.....were they to fill in some of the blanks for the rest of the fest I think I'd chance it - for now I'm waiting on other Big4 dates - Ireland/Europe.......

• Advertisement

im almost buying the ticket... but i need some help... because im only interested on friday but its too expensive

do you think that the big4 will have another dates before 15 of agoust any where in Europe?

that day i will be back to my country and i hve no chance to come again...

what do you think i should do?

Just realised i'm off that weekend from work so i think i'll head over for this. Gonna hold fire for the moment on tickets and see if day tickets come up as i haven't the money for a weekend ticket right now.

If anybody wants to join me i'll be going on me own and meeting people there.

Leaving Dublin at 08:15am on Friday to Luton

Leaving Luton at 06:40 on the Sat back to Dublin

This is of course dependant on no Irish date being announced, i'll deal wit tickets later, have a good few friends who worked security the past 2 years at Soni so may be able to 'sneak' in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This is from the Sonisphere Forum, it is an official response to address the question of Day Tickets in 2011
    So, the single day ticket thing. This is how it works. We have a capacity that we can't go over. We sell our tickets. We are a weekend festival so we make those tickets available first to people who want to come for the whole weekend. If we have enough capacity left when we get close to the date then we open the event up for people who just want to come for one day. We have done that for the last two years.

We know that we have got a particularly cool line-up this year and thereore are likely to sell a lot of tickets. We just wanted to mention up front that people shouldn't assume that day tickets will be available just because they have been previously. They are not something that we put aside from the start. If the capacity gets used up on weekend tickets then they will never exist.

We just didn't want you hanging on till mid May assuming they will go on sale when there is a good chance they won't. It's a choice you make and a risk you take but as usual we thought it can't hurt to tell you like it is.

This is from the Sonisphere Forum, it is an official response to address the question of Day Tickets in 2011

Not bothered in the slightest about this, if i go for the day then i'll get in for the day, no worries at all. Know quite a few guys working security and they told me last year they took the odd bung to let people in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

ok ,so i'm old and don't get a lot of things but what the **** has biffy clyro got to do with a metal fest?
    you get the big 4 day one, amazing, slipknot day three, and biffy ****ing clyro in the middle?????????
    i'd rather a bus tour of luton with a bag of tinnies than living through a biffy clyro gig.

ok ,so i'm old and don't get a lot of things but what the **** has biffy clyro got to do with a metal fest?
    you get the big 4 day one, amazing, slipknot day three, and biffy ****ing clyro in the middle?????????
    i'd rather a bus tour of luton with a bag of tinnies than living through a biffy clyro gig.

I think the Promoters have put them on to try and appeal to the wider 'Indie' audience, a bit like Reading/Leeds do, they'll normally have a metal day.

Suppose it's there way of trying to get ahead of Download

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Yeah i suppose they have to make money but i would see this year as an almost guaranteed sellout with the big 4 and slipknot even if day two was all metal.
    Still as you say if they get a diverse crowd it will help with a broader appeal for next year and so on....

still.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i say get manowar on before biffy, at least then we won't hear the fcukers with all that ringing in our ears!!!

agree completly. dont see where they are going to fit. can you imagine what a bunch of SLAYER fans will do to these guys.:D
    hope there is someone noisy on stage 2 when there on. drown out there
    whinning.
    im up for the bus tour of Luton if you bring the cans!!!!

• Advertisement

hellyeah wrote: »
    agree completly. dont see where they are going to fit. can you imagine what a bunch of SLAYER fans will do to these guys.:D
    hope there is someone noisy on stage 2 when there on. drown out there
    whinning.
    im up for the bus tour of Luton if you bring the cans!!!!

I'll always remember Reading festival in 2000.

Main stage was headlined by Stereophonics, but others on that stage that day were RATM, Slipknot, Blink 182, A, My Vitriol

Sandwiched in between all this metal was.........Daphne & Celeste!!!!

Lots of rumours before that they were gonna pull out, they didn't

Fair fcuks to them though, they played a full set, about 25 mins, were bottled to shiit, but still kept smiling. Hate to say it but they totaly earned my respect that day

Advertisement