Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG 4 at SONISPHERE!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

that was a bit surreal!

All you could hear from the crowd was the constant chant of bollox, bollox...

Those two wimmin are off their biccies, and not in a good way!

Still noone was hurt!

unlike an irish support band in the sfx on year, Assasin i think it was supporting wasp maybe? gig was on around halloween and apart from the coins and bottles thrown at them some complete scumbags threw lit bangers onstage.

NOBODY deserves that treatment. Verbal abuse is fine, violence no.

Unless some ****er puts Jedward on stage in front of me then i think any court in the land would pardon what i'd do to them....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Date announced for Sonisphere France for Saturday 9th of July.

soni_france.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭yahurespuestas

OH!

that sounds so great... is just 2 days.. for sure it will be cheaper than england...

the tickets are not on sale now... are they???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭yahurespuestas

i want to buy the ticket and the bus for the gig in france but everything is in french.. is there any other way to buy the tickets?

or.. any way to change the sonisphera page (the french one) in english???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

"billets" are tickets
    there will more than likely be a big button saying "achetez" or "a vendre"
    acheter is the verb to buy, and "a vendre" means for sale.
    That is all you need to know :D
    ah wait look, it says it at the bottom of the poster too-"billets disponible sur avosbillets.com"="tickets available on avosbillets.com"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

I just wanna go to the Friday night. Couldnt give a shoight about the other nights

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tickets bought. £13 for delivery is way too steep though...box office it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 liamdebleine

Right , There's bus and admission tickets on sale around £240 , only thing is no buses from Ireland. Nearest is swansea , but you have to get to fishguard first , around €30 as a walk on passenger with Stena Line.
    Aer lingus don't fly to Luton or Stansted and Ryanair would crease ya with the cost for a Rucksack and a tent.Anyway never renewed me passport so thats out.
    Car hire in Holyhead just to drive to Luton is around £30. To keep the car the whole weekend is around £100 - £200 depending on who ya get.Hertz are in the Terminal in Holyhead but they're a bit dear.
    Buses and trains are all over the place - there's no direct link from Holyhead / Fishguard to Stevenage. And you'd probably need to go a day earlier if you're camping , to get there by Thursday to set up.
    So I'm thinking of the bus and ticket option , drive to Rosslare ,leave the car there , ferry , get to Swansea , Cardiff or wherever and we're off!
    {NO to bring the car would be too expensive unless we filled it!}
    But if enough of you rivetheads could group together maybe we could all go as walk on passengers to Holyhead , hire something there and drive straight to de Gates of Knebworth.
    We were there last year , meself and the missus.............Fukin Savage. No hassle , no grief.
    Everybody is so chilled out , even the police. They told us not to walk to the gig from Stevenage , about 1.5 mile , as you have to cross over the Motorway slip road.
    There were so many people going {around 60,000 per day} that they closed off one lane on the roundabout and a bit of the slip road if I remember just to let the fans get through.
    Could you imagine them doing that at AC/DC in Punchestown!!!

I'm up for it , I'm going anyway , fuk it , camping for the weekend it'll be savage craic , any like minded individuals want to join me all the better

Right , There's bus and admission tickets on sale around £240 , only thing is no buses from Ireland. Nearest is swansea , but you have to get to fishguard first , around €30 as a walk on passenger with Stena Line.
    Aer lingus don't fly to Luton or Stansted and Ryanair would crease ya with the cost for a Rucksack and a tent.Anyway never renewed me passport so thats out.
    Car hire in Holyhead just to drive to Luton is around £30. To keep the car the whole weekend is around £100 - £200 depending on who ya get.Hertz are in the Terminal in Holyhead but they're a bit dear.
    Buses and trains are all over the place - there's no direct link from Holyhead / Fishguard to Stevenage. And you'd probably need to go a day earlier if you're camping , to get there by Thursday to set up.
    So I'm thinking of the bus and ticket option , drive to Rosslare ,leave the car there , ferry , get to Swansea , Cardiff or wherever and we're off!
    {NO to bring the car would be too expensive unless we filled it!}
    But if enough of you rivetheads could group together maybe we could all go as walk on passengers to Holyhead , hire something there and drive straight to de Gates of Knebworth.
    We were there last year , meself and the missus.............Fukin Savage. No hassle , no grief.
    Everybody is so chilled out , even the police. They told us not to walk to the gig from Stevenage , about 1.5 mile , as you have to cross over the Motorway slip road.
    There were so many people going {around 60,000 per day} that they closed off one lane on the roundabout and a bit of the slip road if I remember just to let the fans get through.
    Could you imagine them doing that at AC/DC in Punchestown!!!

I'm up for it , I'm going anyway , fuk it , camping for the weekend it'll be savage craic , any like minded individuals want to join me all the better

I'm going the boat way. Tis called SailRail, its like €85 return from Dublin Port to Stevenage, then have free shuttle bus to festival. Heading out at like 8.45 the Thursday morning, should be set up by 6. When you get to Holyhead, just hop on the next train to London, switch to Tube in Euston towards Kings Cross, then hop on next train to Stevenage.

It also allows unlimited baggage allowance, so its fairly win-win....relaxing, no financial raping along every step, no ridiculous security. Only negative is you can't book online, but check out all the ferry times and train times. I can safely say the Virgin train you get is so comfortable...its better than Irish Rails 1st class. It may also require a DART type train to either Bangor (which you should aim for) or Chester (which is a long journey on a slow carriage). Definitely a bonus though in that its relaxing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm going the boat way. Tis called SailRail, its like €85 return from Dublin Port to Stevenage, then have free shuttle bus to festival. Heading out at like 8.45 the Thursday morning, should be set up by 6. When you get to Holyhead, just hop on the next train to London, switch to Tube in Euston towards Kings Cross, then hop on next train to Stevenage.

It also allows unlimited baggage allowance, so its fairly win-win....relaxing, no financial raping along every step, no ridiculous security. Only negative is you can't book online, but check out all the ferry times and train times. I can safely say the Virgin train you get is so comfortable...its better than Irish Rails 1st class. It may also require a DART type train to either Bangor (which you should aim for) or Chester (which is a long journey on a slow carriage). Definitely a bonus though in that its relaxing though.

I do this trip a lot as i'm from Llandudno (15 miles from Bangor)

Here's a tip for ya, if you don't get on the direct London train from Holyhead, check yer train time tables and if right GET OFF AT BANGOR.

There 'Should' be a fast direct train to London leaving about 20 minutes later, it doesn't go to Holyhead, terminates at Bangor ;);)

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I do this trip a lot as i'm from Llandudno (15 miles from Bangor)

Here's a tip for ya, if you don't get on the direct London train from Holyhead, check yer train time tables and if right GET OFF AT BANGOR.

There 'Should' be a fast direct train to London leaving about 20 minutes later, it doesn't go to Holyhead, terminates at Bangor ;);)

Yeah I'm looking for one that, at worst, means only have to go to Bangor on the worse train section. Think train I want to get leaves at 11.25, so connection at Bangor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm going the boat way. Tis called SailRail, its like €85 return from Dublin Port to Stevenage, then have free shuttle bus to festival.

I'm on that website, are they doing a package deal for the gig or do you just have to book the boat and bus manually on the site? Seems like the handiest way to travel. Checked a hotel in Stevenage, usuall 200 euro for the 4 nights on a weekend but that weekend is 1,100 euro :mad: should be a law aginst things like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got flights from Dublin to Luton from Thurs-Mon for E60 so happy enough. Get a taxi from Luton airport to Knebworth for less than £30, probably the easiest and most pain free metal/rock festival to get to from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I'm doing the same thing!

Download is proably slightly easier though :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

12thApril-900.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm on that website, are they doing a package deal for the gig or do you just have to book the boat and bus manually on the site? Seems like the handiest way to travel. Checked a hotel in Stevenage, usuall 200 euro for the 4 nights on a weekend but that weekend is 1,100 euro :mad: should be a law aginst things like that!

No, SailRail is seperate. That incorporates the boat to Stevenage, and then the festival put on shuttle buses from the train station to the festival.

Baldshin, while that is more direct, I'd have to check in 2 bags on a plane so it makes it lot more expensive (more than E60 anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mark86

whats with the 3D effect on the m*******a logo not previously imposing enough? lame..

the better thrash outfits don't get enough time on in the shadow of. you just know im gonna be hugging the barrier come saturday :pac:
    highlights appear to be Sean Hughes, Steve-O n Howard Marks tbh.. big 3 for me anyhow. enjoy whoever's going

mark86 wrote: »
    whats with the 3D effect on the m*******a logo not previously imposing enough? lame..

the better thrash outfits don't get enough time on in the shadow of. you just know im gonna be hugging the barrier come saturday :pac:
    highlights appear to be Sean Hughes, Steve-O n Howard Marks tbh.. big 3 for me anyhow. enjoy whoever's going

It's the logo from Early Metallica stuff, but being a huge closet fan i thought you'd have known that

seems exaggerated, fatter than i have seen before. reflection of their bloated heads?

gives the illusion of more depth.

mark86 wrote: »
    seems exaggerated, fatter than i have seen before. reflection of their bloated heads?

gives the illusion of more depth.

Same size as before i think, maybe the depth is a bit deeper but i'm sure a guy like yourself likes it that way

• Advertisement

dude i give it deep not take it, these homo casual rockstars don't even belong in alpha thrash let alone supposedly spearhead it. big 4 of sales the chasing pack lag far, far behind the headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just got a Ryanair flight into Luton on the friday morning and return Saturday afternoon for €60. Booked a hotel at Luton airport for €30. All i need now is a day ticket!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Has anybody received their tickets yet ?????

Or does anybody have any experience of receiving tickets by post ?

Thanks a mill !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Het-Field wrote: »
    Has anybody received their tickets yet ?????

Or does anybody have any experience of receiving tickets by post ?

Thanks a mill !

No havent got mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

lord lucan wrote: »
    Just got a Ryanair flight into Luton on the friday morning and return Saturday afternoon for €60. Booked a hotel at Luton airport for €30. All i need now is a day ticket!:)

Do you reckon they'll release day tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

funnyname wrote: »

If they don't he's just wasted money and I won't be going

Although I could be tempted to see Richard Cheese open the Saturn Stage on Saturday morning

In any case, Download on Friday as a Day Event has me hooked, so I'm going there first and Sonisphere will have to play catch up for my hard earned...

funnyname wrote: »

No news yet. I'll give it until a month before the show and if there's no sign of them i may just go for a weekend ticket anyways. Probably my only chance to see the 'Tallica boys this year (and 3 other bands that rank amongst my favourites too!)so i'm gonna take it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Purchased my weekend ticket today :D

scudzilla wrote: »
    If anybody wants to join me i'll be going on me own and meeting people there.

Leaving Dublin at 08:15am on Friday to Luton

Leaving Luton at 06:40 on the Sat back to Dublin

Just re-reading the thread and realised i'm on the same flight over on the friday morning. Heading back on the later flight around 15.00 on the saturday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »
    Just re-reading the thread and realised i'm on the same flight over on the friday morning. Heading back on the later flight around 15.00 on the saturday though.

Any word on day tickets yet, cutting it a bit close in terms of last year, right?

Advertisement