Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG 4 at SONISPHERE!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They've said they hope not to sell day tickets, numbers are up on last year so its more unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    They've said they hope not to sell day tickets, numbers are up on last year so its more unlikely.

Bastards, that really upsets me, most major festivals offer Day Tickets and it's such a unique Friday line up. They can't expect to have Big 4 Friday, Biffy Saturday and Slipknot/Limp Bizkit on Sunday and that everyone will be 100% satisfied - in fact, last year, I know people who didn't even arrive until Saturday night for weekend camping, yet they had paid full price

Bastards, that really upsets me, most major festivals offer Day Tickets and it's such a unique Friday line up. They can't expect to have Big 4 Friday, Biffy Saturday and Slipknot/Limp Bizkit on Sunday and that everyone will be 100% satisfied - in fact, last year, I know people who didn't even arrive until Saturday night for weekend camping, yet they had paid full price

The campsite at Soni is the full attendance for the festival site. So if camping sells out, they can't fit more people into the arena area. Its a festival, of course nobody will be 100 % satisfied. In my case, my biggest dissatisfaction with the festival is that there are too many bands, so even with altering stages, there be quite a lot of clashes. So what I'm trying to say is, don't depend on day tickets, soni don't appear to want to sell them (obviously, sure more people will pay full weekend price for Big 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

In response to an overwhelming number of requests, Sonisphere UK have been able to secure permission to put a strictly limited number of day tickets on sale via THE POWER BALLOT scheme. Due to the huge demand for day tickets anticipated, and the limited number that can be made available, they have decided to use a ballot system as it is the fairest way to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to obtain tickets. Fans should sign up at www.sonispherefestivals.com/uk before 23rd May, when the ballot closes. Successful applicants will be informed which day they can purchase tickets for via email on May 25th. Each customer may purchase up to four tickets for their allocated day. Tickets will be £80/day plus booking fee.

Haha, what a crock of crap, so ya apply for day tickets but ya may only be allowed Biffy Clyro day tickets!!!

Haha the best day (if I'm of the deciding opinion:p)

You can see they are trying to distance themselves from the shítstorm that was Download last year with AC/DC. They don't want the big 4 day to be chanced as its own gig. never heard of day tickets going this way, wonder how many are there. Its also a great way of defeating touts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The cynic in me still thinks this is a ploy to sell more weekend tickets. Many will think "ZOMG!!! There's only gonna be a few day tickets and i mightn't get one. Better get a weekend ticket to be sure!"

That or i'm getting far too cynical in my old age!:pac:

lord lucan wrote: »
    The cynic in me still thinks this is a ploy to sell more weekend tickets. Many will think "ZOMG!!! There's only gonna be a few day tickets and i mightn't get one. Better get a weekend ticket to be sure!"

I say you're bang on with that line of thinking. And if people don't get the day ticket they want, it'll increase numbers after too. Be funny if ya got chance to buy day ticket, then cos so many others who didn't but bought weekend tickets, there were no day tickets for ya to purchase. I see campsite size might increase a bit in case of this though, so thats good....more space.

lord lucan wrote: »

No, you're dead right

I've applied for Friday and Sunday tickets. In theory it would be cheaper to camp (they even remind me of that when I'm entering my details) but after camping last year I can't be bothered.

Besides, Sunday is really a back up option, because everybody and their Grandmother will be going for Metallica tickets on Friday and if I don't get one I don't want to be left out.

Personally, if you meet a single person who applies for Sunday tickets and gets turned down I'd like to meet them. Friday will probably be the biggest demand....£80 for the Big 4 and Diamond Head isn't bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Just booked weekend tickets. YAY
    I wanted to get family camping with being an auld one in festival terms I would have liked a decent bit of kip but they had sold out.
    It says on the forums that its on its way to selling out......

May 25th will decide whether I'll be going or not, I couldn't care about camping after last year but I do hope everyone who is intending to go get's what they want from it. In fairness it is a great festival and well organised.

• Advertisement

And surprise surprise,due to people not taking up their allocation from the ballot there are thousands of day tickets available!:rolleyes:

Some shower of gangsters running it i gotta say. Here's the text from the email i got today.
    SONISPHERE FESTIVAL DAY TICKET BALLOT
    So not all the people that won the ballot took it up.
    That has left a few thousand Sonisphere Friday Day tickets left unclaimed.
    Now it is first come first served... GAME ON!
    Sonisphere 8th July:

For the the first time in the UK – The Big Four
    Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax
    also appearing Diamond Head, Killing Joke, Hayseed Dixie + Many More
    Click Here for Tickets - £80 + booking fees

Why not make a weekend of it
    Weekend tickets are still available here

Anyways,ticket sorted,roll on July 8th.:)

Brilliant, works out better for me, I might actually have the money now to go...I would have been surprised if they sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 K175

Het-Field wrote: »
    I HAVE to go to this. However, I dont think I could convince any of my buddies to go.

Would there be any interest amongst boardsies to create a group of those who are likely to have to go on their tobler, but it could be prevented by clubbing together with other boardsies in the same position ?

Hey man, did you manage to organise people to go to this?? I want to go aswell, but none of my mates have the cash, so Im looking for people to go with......

Right , There's bus and admission tickets on sale around £240 , only thing is no buses from Ireland. Nearest is swansea , but you have to get to fishguard first , around €30 as a walk on passenger with Stena Line.
    Aer lingus don't fly to Luton or Stansted and Ryanair would crease ya with the cost for a Rucksack and a tent.Anyway never renewed me passport so thats out.
    Car hire in Holyhead just to drive to Luton is around £30. To keep the car the whole weekend is around £100 - £200 depending on who ya get.Hertz are in the Terminal in Holyhead but they're a bit dear.
    Buses and trains are all over the place - there's no direct link from Holyhead / Fishguard to Stevenage. And you'd probably need to go a day earlier if you're camping , to get there by Thursday to set up.
    So I'm thinking of the bus and ticket option , drive to Rosslare ,leave the car there , ferry , get to Swansea , Cardiff or wherever and we're off!
    {NO to bring the car would be too expensive unless we filled it!}
    But if enough of you rivetheads could group together maybe we could all go as walk on passengers to Holyhead , hire something there and drive straight to de Gates of Knebworth.
    We were there last year , meself and the missus.............Fukin Savage. No hassle , no grief.
    Everybody is so chilled out , even the police. They told us not to walk to the gig from Stevenage , about 1.5 mile , as you have to cross over the Motorway slip road.
    There were so many people going {around 60,000 per day} that they closed off one lane on the roundabout and a bit of the slip road if I remember just to let the fans get through.
    Could you imagine them doing that at AC/DC in Punchestown!!!

I'm up for it , I'm going anyway , fuk it , camping for the weekend it'll be savage craic , any like minded individuals want to join me all the better

How are you getting over there?? Im up for anything! Im looking for people to go with, none of my mates have the cash.

The Gods of Metal answered my prayers and I got a free ticket yesterday. Will be travelling down on my own, so the money I would have spent on the ticket can now be invested into a coach and camping fund, and will give me peace of mind too! Cannot wait to see Metallica again, bloody delighted!

Seen all of the Big 4 live already and also seen Diamond Head live, twice, but this is going to be a special event and I'm glad I could make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Raging I am missing this, just could not afford the flights as well as the tickets. Foo's at Oxegen will have to make up for it =/

15 days of work left then off we head for awesomeness. Not one bad day, and hopefully the weather will be the post-Wimbledon highs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

My trip to the Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff represents the most arduious trip ever taken. My previous exploits in the name of football, rugby, or Metallica have never taken as much out of me. In the light of that, I have decided to take a more relaxed approach to Sonisphere and travel.

I fly out on the Thursday evening. However, I have no intention of camping at the site. I arrive in Lunton Airport at 23.45, and I have a hotel booked which is 500 yards from Luton Train Statin. The following morning, after a big breakfast, I will jump on the train from Luton to Stevenage. Once there, I will avail of the shuttle service.

Sadly, I must return to Dublin on Saturday afternoon, and as a result, I will be departing the site once Metallica's show concludes. TBH, I have no idea how I will get back to Luton. Does anybody have any previous experience of leaving the site early ? Does anybody know whether there will be more than a shuttle service back towards Stevenage ?

Het-Field wrote: »
    Sadly, I must return to Dublin on Saturday afternoon, and as a result, I will be departing the site once Metallica's show concludes. TBH, I have no idea how I will get back to Luton. Does anybody have any previous experience of leaving the site early ? Does anybody know whether there will be more than a shuttle service back towards Stevenage ?

I'm staying in a hotel beside Luton Airport and was planning on legging it half way through Seek to see if i can grab a taxi outside. It's not too far away and if any Boardsies want to share a taxi and lower the cost then all the better.:)

If you buy the official app and order a Soni 2011 tshirt before tomorrow, its half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

can't wait for the 8th lads, this is gonna be a cracking day out......only gonna be there on the Friday too, coming back Sat morning.......will deal with the travel as it happens......:D

NIBBS wrote: »
    can't wait for the 8th lads, this is gonna be a cracking day out......only gonna be there on the Friday too, coming back Sat morning.......will deal with the travel as it happens......:D

If anyone is organising a meetup for a beer let me know. I've a few interview commitments on the day but I'd like to make a meetup with some longstanding Metallica fans, and Boardises, happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Hi Everyone,

Finally getting around to booking my tickets to Sonisphere. Just looking for advice on best airport to fly into. I'm thinking of flying into Luton. Says on the website that ths is only 12 miles away from the festival. Anyone travelled to the festival before? Is it easy enough to get to.

Any advice will be appreciated.

CANNOT WAIT FOR SONISPHERE!

Sarnie wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Finally getting around to booking my tickets to Sonisphere. Just looking for advice on best airport to fly into. I'm thinking of flying into Luton. Says on the website that ths is only 12 miles away from the festival. Anyone travelled to the festival before? Is it easy enough to get to.

Any advice will be appreciated.

CANNOT WAIT FOR SONISPHERE!

I'm flying into Luton. There's a local Arriva bus that runs from Luton Airport to Stevenage(Route 100) that i'm going to get. There's a shuttle bus that runs from Stevenage to Knebworth for the duration of the festival that'll take you the final leg.

I presume you'll be flying from kerry?? Ryanair fly Kerry to Luton and last time I checked flights were 50 quid return. Im in the same boat, just getting around to booking my tickets now. You heading with a group of people?? Im trying to find peeps to head over with.

If anyone is organising a meetup for a beer let me know. I've a few interview commitments on the day but I'd like to make a meetup with some longstanding Metallica fans, and Boardises, happen!

we'll be hangin around the field Crue, sharing a beer is free, but it you want to interview me that'll cost ya :p

well Crue we'll be just hangin around in the field, sharing a beer is free but it'll cost you for an interview :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

Im a complete festival newbie so im hoping someone can answer my questions ,im planning on buying a day ticket for friday tomorrow but how do I get it ? Is it posted out or do I have to collect it there ? Bear in mind its being bought tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I'd say you will have to collect them, seems to be the thing now.

We got an email telling us we had to pick up our tickets when we arrive.

Anyone flying over on the Thursday morning? :pac:

• Advertisement

From where?? Kerry to Luton??

Advertisement