Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG 4 at SONISPHERE!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Nope
    We're going from Shannon to Stansted,flight is at 6:30 haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Nope
    We're going from Shannon to Stansted,flight is at 6:30 haha

oh ya man its going to be amazing anyone else heading over the thursday let us know we can all try and camp in the same area or meet up for a drink or something!

Lots of drinks :cool:
    More the merrier would be a good laugh getting a big group together

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Decided now on getting bus over cos wanna be there early thursday. Gonna be immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 K175

Where is the bus going from?? How much is it to get over there??

• Advertisement

K175 wrote: »
    Where is the bus going from?? How much is it to get over there??

From busarus at 8 the evening before. Its 70 euro return

Thursday evening? Hmm, may get that. Is there a group of people going on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

NIBBS wrote: »
    well Crue we'll be just hangin around in the field, sharing a beer is free but it'll cost you for an interview :p

Haha! Well, we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm flying into Luton. There's a local Arriva bus that runs from Luton Airport to Stevenage(Route 100) that i'm going to get. There's a shuttle bus that runs from Stevenage to Knebworth for the duration of the festival that'll take you the final leg.

Thanks for the reply. Actually flying over on the Thurs morning now to Southend Airport where my friends will pick me up. Was going to head over Fri morning, but when I looked into flights, etc., it was too much hassle. Didn't think I'd get the Thurs off work, but I did, so everythings sorted now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Is everybody picking up their tickets over there? I got an email saying they dont distribute tickets outside of the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

I heard talk of a bus of people going over on the ferry from ireland to Uk , is there any truth in this ?

I heard talk of a bus of people going over on the ferry from ireland to Uk , is there any truth in this ?

Could be true, don't see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

Is everybody picking up their tickets over there? I got an email saying they dont distribute tickets outside of the UK

if you booked with seetickets i got the same mail. Boxoffice for all overseas orders.:confused:

K175 wrote: »
    Thursday evening? Hmm, may get that. Is there a group of people going on that?

Im going Wednesday evening. They go every day. Then meeting group over there.

For those thinking times, Diamond Head just posted a provisional guide on their website, but not 100% confirmed (I know some bands have received their stage times today so times should be out by tomorrow or Wed)

Metallica
    20.30 - 22.30
    Slayer
    18.45 - 19.45
    Megadeth
    17.15 - 18.15
    Anthrax
    16.00 - 16.45
    Diamond Head
    15.15 - 15.45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

For those thinking times, Diamond Head just posted a provisional guide on their website, but not 100% confirmed (I know some bands have received their stage times today so times should be out by tomorrow or Wed)

Metallica
    20.30 - 22.30
    Slayer
    18.45 - 19.45
    Megadeth
    17.15 - 18.15
    Anthrax
    16.00 - 16.45
    Diamond Head
    15.15 - 15.45

cheers Crue,

hoping they are slightly off, I'm actually finding myself wanting to see a full hour of Anthrax, the full version of "Fight 'em till you can't" is pretty cool, so I'd like to hear that and the hits........it doesn't really matter - this is gonna be a truely memorable day out :D

NIBBS wrote: »
    the full version of "Fight 'em till you can't" is pretty cool, so I'd like to hear that and the hits........it doesn't really matter - this is gonna be a truely memorable day out :D

Absolutely, that new song is really good, I can't believe I enjoy it as much as I do

Although Slayer and Metallica are the real highlights for me, Megadeth can get ****ed:D

Mushy wrote: »
    Im going Wednesday evening. They go every day. Then meeting group over there.

How did you book it??

Eurolines.com is where to book the bus.

Those times look right, organisers said starting soon after 3. Excitement building...hope someone good clashes with slayer.

Oh the friday is fancy dress too:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Absolutely, that new song is really good, I can't believe I enjoy it as much as I do

Although Slayer and Metallica are the real highlights for me, Megadeth can get ****ed:D

same here, was worried about the stuff when it initially surfaced, but really looking forward to hearing the album now.....

yeah I'm the same, haven't seen Slayer in ages........but I'll have a listen to Megadeth anyway......and haven't seen Anthrax in ages either - the only one on the main stage I've really no interest in is Diamond Head....

• Advertisement

Stage times being released onto the app at 5pm this evening, I'll try post them all up as soon as I get them. Need a 2 hour Biffy set*crosses fingers*

Also just got my camping chairs and coolers for beers...watching Biffys new live dvd with lots of festival footage....oh the fun to be had.

Brilliant, looking forward to complete Sonisphere times, see who I can see and who I will have to miss!

3 Day camping and my bus ticket sorted!! Roll on Sonisphere!!!

Main Stage times

qtvdB.pngu4o1B.pngLayUl.pngQ0uw1.pnglghK7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Holy Jesus, Volbeat at 11 in the morning.
    Cant wait!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nea wrote: »
    Holy Jesus, Volbeat at 11 in the morning.
    Cant wait!

Ah man, that means a 9am sound check. I'm camping right beside the main stage :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ive been keeping an eye on the long term weather reports. Most places are predicting rain at some point over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Ive been keeping an eye on the long term weather reports. Most places are predicting rain at some point over the weekend.

Booooo,Yocky rain!

I don't mind that, I mean a little rain is alright, a lot of sun and you get baked and can't really enjoy the day as much - some cool weather or sun showers are always welcomed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I don't mind that, I mean a little rain is alright, a lot of sun and you get baked and can't really enjoy the day as much - some cool weather or sun showers are always welcomed!

Plus a bit of rain keeps the dust down. Sonisphere is horrible for dust.

Advertisement