Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG 4 at SONISPHERE!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Better not rain lEWYO.gif

I'm not planning on bringing much with me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

feylya wrote: »
    Plus a bit of rain keeps the dust down. Sonisphere is horrible for dust.

The dust was awful at Sonisphere Spain last year, what kind of ground surface is it in the UK?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It's mostly grass but the roads are dust and if it's hot like it was last year (I think), it's a bit annoying. If it rains Wednesday and Thursday next week, we should be dust free

http://www.strictlysonisphere.co.uk/features/sonisphere-2011-times/
    More stage times..Watain and Paradise Lost clash........boo
    I thought Watain were on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm interested to know who the hell Bat Sabbath are - the band on Sunday after Slipknot officially close the festival and before the 2 DJ sets

I don't think there was a band on that late last year (well aside from the usual DJ sets), especially after Maiden, and rumours are abound that it could be a secret Judas Priest set....guess we will find out!

• Advertisement

Wondering about Bat Sabbath myself.

Another name rumoured was Ghost.............that would be sweet,dying to see them live but as its late/last night spot it is probably someone bigger. Ozzy would do nicely!

Nea wrote: »
    Ozzy would do nicely!

He's probably the likely choice alright and it would make sense

I don't know if this means anything but there is a Facebook page for a band called this, apparently

70849_100001779712486_358348_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/people/Bat-Sabbath/100001779712486

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cancer Bats also rumoured too for the Bat Sabbath spot

Mushy wrote: »
    Cancer Bats also rumoured too for the Bat Sabbath spot

I've heard Avenged Sevenfold, The Darkness and even a reformed Black Sabbath (although giving them half an hour would seem like a disgrace given how big it would be if they did play together again)

A few people on Sonisphere boards are keeping tight lipped, but apparently know who the band is, I mean it makes sense that a lot of the more hardcore would have gotten the information.

Either way, I'm not going to miss this one, getting there at 22.25 once The Answer have finished so I can assure a spot in the tent. Just in case.

Yay Tickets arrived today.

Now Black Sabbath would be beyond amazing, AX7 and The Darkness not for me!

• Advertisement

Wish i had tickets in hand...oh well. Will nearly be in Holyhead in 7 days time exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Knebworth-UKXX1210

for those who are camping a quick update on the weather:eek: I know it is early days but it might give you an idea of whats to come.
    Not looking to bad. Friday a bit iffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

hellyeah wrote: »
    http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Knebworth-UKXX1210

for those who are camping a quick update on the weather:eek: I know it is early days but it might give you an idea of whats to come.
    Not looking to bad. Friday a bit iffy.

Not too shabby. If it just light showers once in a while they would probably be welcomed. Cool people down a bit. Constant rain would be a massive shame though.

Only two days till leaving now. Gona be epic now with good Metallica setlists.

I cannot wait, Thursday morning I'm on the coach, cannot wait....so excited, been too long since Metallica

And I haven't seen Slayer in 6 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

Any info on what we might expect from metallica setlist?
    Really looking forward to this.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hellyeah wrote: »
    Any info on what we might expect from metallica setlist?

Gelsenkirchen 2 nights ago:

1. Hit the Lights
    2. Master of Puppets
    3. The Shortest Straw
    4. Seek & Destroy
    5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    6. The Memory Remains
    7. All Nightmare Long
    8. Sad But True
    9. Wherever I May Roam
    10. The Call of Ktulu
    11. One
    12. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    13. Blackened
    14. Fade to Black
    15. Enter Sandman
    ENCORE
    16. Helpless (w/ Megadeth & Anthrax)
    17. Battery
    18. Creeping Death

And last night in Gothenburg:

1. Hit the Lights
    2. Master of Puppets
    3. The Shortest Straw
    4. Seek & Destroy
    5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    6. Ride the Lightning
    7. The Memory Remains
    8. All Nightmare Long
    9. Sad But True
    10. The Call of Ktulu
    11. One
    12. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    13. Blackened
    14. Fade to Black
    15. Enter Sandman
    ENCORE
    16. Am I Evil? (w/ Megadeth & Anthrax)
    17. Damage, Inc.
    18. Creeping Death

I cannot wait, Thursday morning I'm on the coach, cannot wait....so excited, been too long since Metallica

And I haven't seen Slayer in 6 years!

Im on it after work Wednesday. Cant wait, next two days will be slow.

Have everything sorted now. Been 3 years since a festival for me:-O

• Registered Users Posts: 13 liamdebleine

Anybody heading over on Wed or Thurs with room for 1 more !!
    Only got time off sorted on Fri and don't wanna miss de Big 4 !!!

Went to book bus today...wouldnt let me. Sailrail it is on Wednesday night/thursday morning whoop.

• Advertisement

Went to book bus today...wouldnt let me. Sailrail it is on Wednesday night/thursday morning whoop.

Cool, to get people in the mood they've launched a new Digital Radio station (sadly I won't be on it) but it's going to be playing great music from the festival and you are assured of better interviews with more artists then most could muster at the event itself, anyway you can find it

http://www.rockaaa.com/sonisphere

and for those not going it will be a great way of catching the atmosphere live from the event. Apparently they will be broadcasting on site this year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Cool, to get people in the mood they've launched a new Digital Radio station (sadly I won't be on it) but it's going to be playing great music from the festival and you are assured of better interviews with more artists then most could muster at the event itself, anyway you can find it

http://www.rockaaa.com/sonisphere

and for those not going it will be a great way of catching the atmosphere live from the event. Apparently they will be broadcasting on site this year as well.

will check that out cheers Crue - I'm with you, way too long since I last saw Slayer live, the last time was a bit lacklustre - but the stuff I've seen recently has looked pretty good, so will be a happy man........

Flying in early, early Fri morning, jaysus it'll be all I can do to be awake for Metallica's set :-) trying not to think about the thing at all until Thursday - then I'll explode.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Thanks for the link to the radio station :D
    Making the working day a little more bearable.

Tough to concentrate when itching to get the Ryanair flight over and set up the tent :D

Haven't been to a festival in years & years. Stopped camping after the yuk Oxegen experience.

Line up looks great, weather looks good (not too hot, not too cold!) people seem friendly!

Fingers crossed for the best weekend of 2011!! :D:D

Is anyone dressing up friday?

I was considering it but I warn you now, whatever you think of, someone will always go further...it's a really unusual festival for that, lots of women dressing in very revealing costumes....as my photos below will attest.....

38955_10150256416295145_810160144_13998418_3118918_n.jpg

39475_10150256417755145_810160144_13998525_5601719_n.jpg

I also hope these guys will be back this year with their fantastic T Shirt sales

39258_10150256414900145_810160144_13998334_694657_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

It's Superhero themed isn't it??

Was thinking of going in my homemade (am poor :o) Robin costume, mostly cause the cape is an altered dressing gown and warm for evening/night in the camp.

Zwillinge wrote: »
    It's Superhero themed isn't it??

Was thinking of going in my homemade (am poor :o) Robin costume, mostly cause the cape is an altered dressing gown and warm for evening/night in the camp.

It sure is. Im doing mintberry crunch for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Someone should go as the Tick, perfect for a superhero costume . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

mmmm goth women in revealing clothing i didnt think sonisphere could get better but it just has ha, thanks for the pics motley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

mmmm goth women in revealing clothing i didnt think sonisphere could get better but it just has ha, thanks for the pics motley!

You read my mind!:D

Advertisement