Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG 4 at SONISPHERE!!!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Sonisphere was unbelievable, I'm having some serious withdrawal symptoms at the minute

Couple stand outs

-The big four obviously

-Gojira...... ****ing hell they were amazing. I'm a big fan anyway but they blew me away. Apparently there were a ****e load of people trying to fight there way into the tent through security to see them as the tent filled up fast, Obviously they didn't expect Gojira to be such an attraction

-Limp Bizkit made me feel 10 again haha, what a performance and such a top class atmosphere. Great crowd interaction and despite a few songs missing from the set i wanted to hear it was excellent

-Slipknot - topped everyone for me absolutely amazing, I've been desperate to see them for years now and it was worth every bit of the wait
    edited to add the greatest moment at any gig ever haha

Top quality weekend.. walking around the campsite drunk at 5am talking to strangers will be missed for the year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

great weekend. Really enjoyed the big four and many other bands.
    The stand out part of the weekend for me was Gojira and Paradise lost
    on saturday night. Was in that tent from about 7pm to make sure i was not left outside. Well impressed with the setup at soni as i only had Download festival last year to compare with.
    Free shuttle was great, collecting tickets over there was painless, and everybody was in good form.
    Defo go back next year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hellyeah wrote: »
    Well impressed with the setup at soni as i only had Download festival last year to compare with.
    Free shuttle was great, collecting tickets over there was painless, and everybody was in good form.
    Defo go back next year.:D

Tempted to go for the whole weekend next year no matter who's playing. Whilst being only there for the day this year i really enjoyed the vibe around the place. Facilities were excellent and everything seemed to be really well set up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lord lucan wrote: »
    Tempted to go for the whole weekend next year no matter who's playing. Whilst being only there for the day this year i really enjoyed the vibe around the place. Facilities were excellent and everything seemed to be really well set up.:)

Yeah it really was well organised all over. Was thinking would head next year but know Rush playing a fest so it most likely has my money. Hope its Soni.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah it really was well organised all over. Was thinking would head next year but know Rush playing a fest so it most likely has my money. Hope its Soni.

I have to agree, I wouldn't say no to going next year, I'm sure there would be loads of people I'd want to see (even if the headlines weren't my thing) but I suspect that Van Halen would be a good call for next year....certainly the signs of them coming out of America to tour Australia point to the chance of a European festival run next Summer. And if a band like Van Halen are going to travel ANYWHERE in Europe they'd most likely expect a big reception and a big deal

If I was a betting person my money (for either Download or Sonisphere) would be Van Halen and Pearl Jam being at least two of the headliners from the six possible.

• Advertisement

I have to agree, I wouldn't say no to going next year, I'm sure there would be loads of people I'd want to see (even if the headlines weren't my thing) but I suspect that Van Halen would be a good call for next year....certainly the signs of them coming out of America to tour Australia point to the chance of a European festival run next Summer. And if a band like Van Halen are going to travel ANYWHERE in Europe they'd most likely expect a big reception and a big deal

If I was a betting person my money (for either Download or Sonisphere) would be Van Halen and Pearl Jam being at least two of the headliners from the six possible.

I read that Van Halen ave plans for a UK tour to be announced fairly soon (could be month or two off yet), and will play big European festivals next summer.

I will bloody cry if Pearl Jam and Rush play different festivals. Can see Rush doing Soni though as they may get a 3 hour set. Pearl Jam too would seal my ticket even if rest of lineup was Britney Spears tape on repeat.

Oh yeah, I think I was standing beside you at a food stall on Saturday during You Me At Six. Was up along the top of the hill near the special guest platform...least I think it was you (yes I stalk those picture threads).

Oh yeah, I think I was standing beside you at a food stall on Saturday during You Me At Six. Was up along the top of the hill near the special guest platform...least I think it was you (yes I stalk those picture threads).

It could have been. I don't remember watching that band or what time they were on but I do remember Saturday was an odd day for me. I started with interviews after Breakfast, watched Richard Cheese, went back to do interviews and didn't come out until about 3pm.....then hung around until the first rain shower...left after that with a pizza for dinner lol (raging I missed Weezer's set cause the rain stopped for them)

Yeah, probably was me, I met so many Irish people over there - that girl from the pharmacy shop was from Cabra or somewhere - hilarious

It could have been. I don't remember watching that band or what time they were on but I do remember Saturday was an odd day for me. I started with interviews after Breakfast, watched Richard Cheese, went back to do interviews and didn't come out until about 3pm.....then hung around until the first rain shower...left after that with a pizza for dinner lol (raging I missed Weezer's set cause the rain stopped for them)

Yeah, probably was me, I met so many Irish people over there - that girl from the pharmacy shop was from Cabra or somewhere - hilarious

Yeah we werent watching them, they were just on stage. Was at a pizza place, was after sum 41 anyway. Bout halfway between stages eating a lukewarm pizza in the pissings of rain...I've experienced better.

Didnt go pharmacy despite ripping thumb apart on shaving razor. First aid tent was closer.

Yeah we werent watching them, they were just on stage. Was at a pizza place, was after sum 41 anyway. Bout halfway between stages eating a lukewarm pizza in the pissings of rain...I've experienced better.

I do remember Sum 41 were finishing as I was heading out into the arena, and then the rain arrived:eek:

Yeah, Pizza wasn't great, and then Download get a Domino's tent I believe which made me just more pissed off at having to pay £9.50 for a Margarita and a drink:mad:
    Didnt go pharmacy despite ripping thumb apart on shaving razor. First aid tent was closer.

Umm...Pharmacy wasn't that bad, I was just picking up plasters, but they seemed to have the cushiest job in the field - if you were working there that is

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

Yeah, I was delighted to see it was the only flag that far front for Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica - beautiful to see....so I took this photo....

269426_10150722085510145_810160144_19718027_4441657_n.jpg

That would be my flag. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

every irish person i met on friday was pointing at that flag. Fairplay to ya!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

Aye, loads of irish coming up asking what county are we representing. And loads of scots and welsh saying well done on not being english. Haha. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

I loved every second of Sonisphere. Wish I was back there now. Def the best festival I've been to this year, and up there with the best I've ever been to.

Wonder who'll be playing there next year? Can't wait to start booking festival tickets for next year. Need something to look forward to!

I miss you Sonisphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Sarnie wrote: »
    I loved every second of Sonisphere. Wish I was back there now. Def the best festival I've been to this year, and up there with the best I've ever been to.

Wonder who'll be playing there next year? Can't wait to start booking festival tickets for next year. Need something to look forward to!

I miss you Sonisphere!

im sorry but when I saw the person in the black boiler suit all I could think of was forever alone haha, cool picture though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

That would be my flag. :)

me and my friend were both wearing tri colours as capes and we were always sickend that you were on the other side of the barrier to us ha

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I read that Van Halen ave plans for a UK tour to be announced fairly soon (could be month or two off yet), and will play big European festivals next summer.

I will bloody cry if Pearl Jam and Rush play different festivals. Can see Rush doing Soni though as they may get a 3 hour set. Pearl Jam too would seal my ticket even if rest of lineup was Britney Spears tape on repeat.

If van halen are talking about doing european tours..that could possibly mean sonisphere as they tend to book for a few, although not 100% sure, Pearl Jam would be very doubtful i reckon but Soundgarden will definitely be playing one or other of DL or Sonis next year for sure!

I think DL will need something big to bring it back from this year. IMO DL this year was a bit crap weather/ atmosphere/ bandwise and people are slowly graduating towards sonis!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

im sorry but when I saw the person in the black boiler suit all I could think of was forever alone haha, cool picture though!

LOL! Last minute addition to the group! It was the only boiler suit she could get!

Sarnie wrote: »
    LOL! Last minute addition to the group! It was the only boiler suit she could get!

You want boiler suits at Sonisphere, check these guys out....

283347_10150722089890145_810160144_19718116_4035070_n.jpg

It was the only time I could get them to stand still!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Heads up if you have Sky Arts,there's an hour and a half special on this years Sonisphere on Saturday night at 22.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

lord lucan wrote: »
    Heads up if you have Sky Arts,there's an hour and a half special on this years Sonisphere on Saturday night at 22.00.

Cool. Some more info and clips here:

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/music/article/sonisphere-2011/

http://video.sky.com/skyarts/related/27986/1/Slayer%20at%20Sonisphere%202011/true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Nice one :) have it set up to record. my only problem with sky arts stuff is they dont really cover the festival just the music....its a pity cause you loose the atmosphere in the coverage. the channel 4 coverage in 2009 was waaaayyyy better in terms of showing what the festival is like!

Advertisement