Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If this is a Mid Life Crisis Im loving it......

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

It was nice to see you again Liam, but you were really unfortunate with that injury. I have total respect for the way you kept going for hours despite your troubles. You must have been in a very dark place at times, I could see how much you were suffering.

You will emerge stronger from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

how is the recovery going liam?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

how is the recovery going liam?

Time for Liamo to start logging again...

Monday 6th through Sunday 12th.. 32.67 miles

My hip was in bits for about 10 days after Bangor . Took time off work and basically hobbled around the place. Got a fair bit of treatment and was told to take a month off so thats what I did. Was delighted to get back on the roads but unfortunately im still not right. Hip is still giving me a little grief but not enough to stop me running if that makes sense.

Monday 13th...... 7.38 miles....56.34... avg pace 7.40

Tuesday 14th....10 miles...1.18.18...avg pace 7.50

Wednesday 15th...7.76 miles...58.50... avg pace 7.35

Thursday 16th....Rest Day

Friday 17th.....9.94 miles...1.16.22...avg pace 7.41

Saturday 18th... Rest Day

Baby steps at the moment. Ive lost so much fitness with my months inactivity its all about building up slowly especially when im not running pain free.

Sorry Im only replying now folks

Was lovely to meet you Liam and was such a pleasure seeing you attain such a huge tally given all the negative elements thrown in your face.
    I suspect you have unfinished business here and will visit this mad ultra business again .I look forward to running a few miles with you in the future, if I can keep up.

Speedy recovery to you .

Nice to meet u too Finn .. Have to say I was'nt expecting to c u in ur party dress ready for action. U gave u all a welcome boost :) Well done on a great performance and maybe just maybe I'l c u there again next year...
    It was nice to see you again Liam, but you were really unfortunate with that injury. I have total respect for the way you kept going for hours despite your troubles. You must have been in a very dark place at times, I could see how much you were suffering.

You will emerge stronger from this.

Tks Thomas... Really enjoyed reading u report and well done again. However I dont believe for a minute that ur finished with this 24 hr stuff. Ul have to give it another lash next year :D Best of luck in Dingle

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

glad to see you back kid,to much talent to be sitting on your arse:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good to see you back Liam. I was getting a little worried there with Beebeep a little injured and no word from you. I was hoping not to have to pace the 1:40 crew on my own in the Dublin Half :p

menoscemo wrote: »
    Good to see you back Liam. I was getting a little worried there with Beebeep a little injured and no word from you. I was hoping not to have to pace the 1:40 crew on my own in the Dublin Half :p

Tks Meno...took a break from running and as a result posting.... Just read ur Pm's now... Not sure if i can meet beforehand but will definately b there on the day...

Time to get this log up and running once again ....

Basically I had a little setback mid August but thankfully Ive been tipping away nicely for the last 3 weeks averaging 40ish miles per week. Hip is almost perfect again but my fitness levels are cat :eek:.

Paced 1.40 at Saturdays DCM Half with BeepBeep67 and Meno. Really enjoyable run . We had a good crew with us the whole way around and compared to 2011 we had no real problems with the slower runners in wave 1. The backpack also worked a treat. For the 1st 7 or so miles I ran up front with BeepBeep and Meno took the rear. I the swapped with Meno . Was talking to a couple of work colleagues at the start including my boss but hadnt seen them in the pack so wanted to make sure they were still in tow. Thankfully they were still with us . We banked a little time before hitting the S-Bends where things got a little difficult for some for our entourage. For the next 3 mile miles it was all about encouraging those who were struggling. To b fair most of them dug deep and got home just under 1.40 which was great including my boss who made it in 1.39.50 so delighted for him.

Another 10 slow miles followed on Sunday.

Milage For Year : 1702.66

Hope to add a bit of structure to my training in the next couple of weeks and looking forward to my pacing duties at DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

The 3 of you did a great job on Saturday. I stuck with you all the way around. :)

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    The 3 of you did a great job on Saturday. I stuck with you all the way around. :)

Great stuff , well done..... From reading ur report it seems u could have gone slightly quicker so great confidence booster for DCM.. No pressure or anything but this time 6 weeks u'l hopefully b celebrating a 3.29.xx ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

liamo123 wrote: »
    Great stuff , well done..... From reading ur report it seems u could have gone slightly quicker so great confidence booster for DCM.. No pressure or anything but this time 6 weeks u'l hopefully b celebrating a 3.29.xx ;)

Funny how I keep hearing those words! :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Good job liamo fair play for training for it after injury.

What are the plans after the DCM?

Advertisement