Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water at all for the last 3 days

Options
  • 13-12-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We've had no water in the bathrooms since Friday. Friday morning was the last time I had a proper shower :(. Water in the kitchen running ok which is how we're brushing our teeth, water in the bathrooms sinks gone completely and a dribble coming out of the shower which is how we're washing at all.

This 7pm - 7am thing is not true - ours has been gone all weekend and this morning I was up between 7.30am and 8am trying to have a shower before work and no pressure, just a dribble. Oh and our washing machine not working at all at any time.

Is there anyone else experiencing a complete water outage and not just at the specified times?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It does say that some will experience these outages for longer than others, that some areas will have reduced pressure for a longer (perhaps all day) period.
    I would also check with your neighbours, make sure it's not just you, as we had a burst pipe around the side of our house once it started thawing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

where abouts?

Cabinteely / Killiney has had reduced pressure over night but during the day is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

If your water in the kitchen is ok, I'd imagine there may be an issue in your plumbing circulating it from there. As far as I know, the kitchen sink is usually the first point of call from the mains so if it works, you're connected. From there, your water needs to go up to the attic and then around the house. There could be an airlock or pressure issue somewhere that's causing issue. Might be an idea to have a plumber call by and take a look.

My parents in Blackrock had trouble last week and the plumber was able to sort it no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Yep sounds like an air lock to me, there is info on clearing these on the DLRcoco website

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/wateranddrainage/findit/airlocks/

21/25

Advertisement