Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumping Iron

Options
  • 13-12-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I am going to keep this log to help me keep motivated. The title is a blatant copy of one of my favourite movies.

Weight: 75kg
    Height: 184cm

My goals
    1. Compete in the Dublin City Triathlon next summer.
    2. Complete 4 sea swims and compete in the Liffey Swim.
    3. Compete in a few cycling criteriums.
    4. Perform 100 pushups.
    5. Perform 20 pullups.
    6. Gain weight (I'd like to be over 80kg).

So today,

Jogged 10km
    5x5 BW dips
    5x5 Weighted pushups (BW + 15kg sandbag)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

Just in case you didn't know about this site to help you on your way....I'm going to try it in the New Year as well.

http://hundredpushups.com/

best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

I tried that program just before summer this year. It really increases the pace of progression very quickly. I suppose I spent about 8 weeks on it but had to keep repeating weeks and dropping down levels. I got to week 5. I wish I kept it up. Oh well.

I am going to follow the Navy Seal preparation program. I've been following it for a few weeks now. Not that I'm obsessed with military or anything, just that its a well thought out program.

http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seals-physical-training-guide.aspx

Week 1 Day 2

Push Ups

Pull Ups

About a 90sec rest between each set. I'm doing dead hang pullups and normal push ups. When I reach a decent number, I might alternate between wide grip pullups.

Squats
    70kgx8
    70kgx8
    70kgx8

Leg Press
    90kgx8
    90kgx8

I did the squats on the smith machine because the squat rack was being taken up by someone doing shrugs. Didn't feel comfortable on the smith machine, so switched to the Leg Press. Just started back on weights so it will take a while to get back up to where I was.

Swim
    15minutes high intensity as per the program.

Push Ups

Pull Ups

Thursday
    Swimming - 100 lengths

Saturday
    Pushups

• Advertisement

Weighted pushups (BW + 15kg sandbag)
    5x5

Dips (BW)
    5x5

I am supplementing my diet by drinking oatmeal smoothies. Blended oatmeal, tablespoon of peanut butter and milk.

I've decided to follow http://hundredpushups.com/ afterall. I like following the chart and keeping track of what I've accomplised and what I have left to do. I am also going to follow the Recon Ron Pullup Program for the same reasons. On the Pushup program, I am starting on week 3 and week 2 on the Pullup program. I am not going to hesitate to repeat weeks if necessary.

So:
    Pullups

Pushups

Very pleased with my pullups, 7 is a personal best for me. Unable to go to the gym today, so this is all I will do.

I still can't get to the gym.

Pushups:
    Thats what I was supposed to do.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTftIVp8HPwsctxmz92bdvEjXqZdAhCFrsDJL-FLDamOCPEecoT

I could only manage:

Thats the problem with this program, it does sudden jumps like today. My chest and arms were burning after the sets. I guess I will have to repeat this day. I wonder if I can reach 100 before these guys http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056090376 :D

Pullups:

When I get a bit more organised, I'm going to hit the gym hard.

Pushups (Week 3 Day 3):

Could not finish the last set. I think I will move on to Week 4 Day 2 (Column 2).

Pullups:

Bought myself an Ab Wheel for Christmas and did a few excersies.

1 step back, 2 steps forward.

Pullups:

Pushups:

• Advertisement
Advertisement