Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with stray dog?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

smoggy11 wrote: »
    No, It looks like it would be similar to a rottie tail if grown. It has that same stunted wagginess about it!

The dog is really itchy, So I'm going to de-flea it (and everything else I own!) I think the scratching is what's causing the sores. Fingers crossed a de-fleing will help sort it. She really is gorgeous. I'm starting to wish we could keep her. My own dog is even starting to get on better with her!

Well done for taking the dog in.

I wouldn't deflea it, or put anything on it until its seen a vet, if it has got mange, then it will need to be treated for that, rather than fleas, also a lot of the flea treatments shouldn't be put on an animal with open sores. How soon could you take it to a vet, to see if its chipped? If the dog has been stolen, it could have been wandering for a long time, you never know, there may be an owner out there desperately searching for this poor dog. It could have been stolen anywhere in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Missgoggles

Hes absolutely gorgeous. Can you keep us updated as to whether he might be someones lost little guy or not as I would be willing to take care of him if you needed to find him a new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smoggy11

Okay, I have rang the DSPCA and they are going to come out and do a pick up today at some point.

Unfortunately there was an incident with my cat, My dog, Molly and the cat were playing and the other dog seemed to get the wrong end of the stick and was overly rough with the cat. I think the cat now has a dislocated jaw, so a vet trip is on the cards!

It's my own fault really for trusting the dog. Still, my poor wee kitten is very sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Stella2010

Not sure if you will see this in time but Dogs Aid run a clinic in the Ballymun Flats on a Tues from 6pm - ring Maggie on 8347134 for exact directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Hope it all works out okay for this doggie, she looks gorgeous! Maybe a kerry blue cross?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smoggy11

Okay, Lilly got collected yesterday by the nice people in the DSPCA.

I rang today to see how she is getting on and left a message, so I will let you all know what they say when they get back to me! Fingers crossed she's alright anyway.

On a side note, my kitten is in the vets now getting his jaw fixed. They think it was dislocated but they have to send for an x-ray to make sure. So we'll be getting her home tonight and she will be the most spoiled kitten ever!

If anyone is looking for a dog, Lilly will make a lovely pet once she's all healed. I hope someone nice takes her! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Any vet I've been to will scan for a microchip for free, especially if it's a stray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dog is with the DSPCA now, the poor kitten's jaw was not only dislocated, but also broken by the stray dog, and it would cost €650 to do a full wire-the-jaw-up job which we can't afford, so we got the vet to relocate the jaw and we're hoping it'll heal naturally.

Bit crap really, considering we took in the stray hoping to do it good, and it ended up chewing up the poor kitten :(

Advertisement