Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Pulsing Christmas Tree Lights

Options
  • 13-12-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm not sure where is best to post this, anyway, for years we had a great set of lights on the tree that would very slowly and calmly pulse from low to high output, they wouldn't flick from one colour to another, but just pulse high and low, different colours at different times so there'd always be a colour or two illuminating the tree. Alas, they had their day and are no more but I'm just putting this out there in case anyone has come across a similar set and if so, where could I pick one up in the South Dublin area? They actually had a little switch that could change between always on, flicking, pulsing and a few others, but the slow pulse was always the nicest.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Get yourself to your nearest Woodies. They'd loads o lights at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

cormie wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm not sure where is best to post this, anyway, for years we had a great set of lights on the tree that would very slowly and calmly pulse from low to high output, they wouldn't flick from one colour to another, but just pulse high and low, different colours at different times so there'd always be a colour or two illuminating the tree. Alas, they had their day and are no more but I'm just putting this out there in case anyone has come across a similar set and if so, where could I pick one up in the South Dublin area? They actually had a little switch that could change between always on, flicking, pulsing and a few others, but the slow pulse was always the nicest.

Any feedback appreciated :)

B&Q do them ,We got LED ones this year that do all of the above ,they're quite small and not much to look at but once you plug them in the colours are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I have led's that do that and got them in woodies too only prob is they are white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Slow pulsin' lights should be said in a Barry White voice. :)

I'd say Woodies would definitely have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if LED's are what I'm after though, aren't traditionaly bulby ones a bit more "calming" or am I making stuff up? I always thought LEDs weren't as soft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if LED's are what I'm after though, aren't traditionaly bulby ones a bit more "calming" or am I making stuff up? I always thought LEDs weren't as soft?

Yeah the LED's are brighter.I did see a range of the bulb style in B&Q when I bought the LED's

Ok cool thanks for that, I might try B&Q so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Try the lads in Fantasy Lights in Walkinstown. They are experts on this stuff and will be able to advise you on the best lights for your purpose. I have delt with them commercially and always found them excellent but they have a walk-in public showroom too where you can see everything working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

We got 200 LED's in Homestore last weekend. They were €15, available in either white or multi-colour and have a number of settings includling a slow pulse.
    Cheapest I've come accross and they look good.

Thanks again :) Would prefer to stick to traditional as opposed to LEDs as I believe they give a softer, warmer light :)

• Advertisement

Had a look at a few including B&Q and unfortunately couldn't find the same type. All the ones seem to either be too dark, too bright or too fast. The ones I had very slowly pulsed at different times for different colours. Fussy aye? :D

Advertisement