Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Walther Semi Extractor Claw

Options
  • 13-12-2010 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

mate of mine has a very old Walther Semiauto .22.

the extractor claw is broken.
    Rifle is circa 1950's

Any idea where one could source an extractor claw.
    I'll post pics lather, just have no way of doing so presently

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

rowa wrote: »

Thanks.
    This rifle is very rare, might only be 1 in the country.

That site does not list Walther Parts that I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

is it one of the heavy barrel floating bolt 5 shot ones with a big 180 degree safety on the back
    i got parts years ago for a walther 22 in the usa from a guy specializing in walther parts but it was pre internet i'll have a looksee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Thanks.
    This rifle is very rare, might only be 1 in the country.

That site does not list Walther Parts that I can see

you never know what he might have stuck in a dusty cardboard box under the counter or he might know of someone who'd have one , another thing to try is going to a toolmakers shop and asking if they can wire you one out , what sort of shape is it ?

rowa wrote: »
    you never know what he might have stuck in a dusty cardboard box under the counter or he might know of someone who'd have one , another thing to try is going to a toolmakers shop and asking if they can wire you one out , what sort of shape is it ?

I've a full set of pics of it on my phone, I'm in work at the moment.

I'll post pics tomorrow morning.

It looks like the rifle on the bottom
    it10_072.jpg

Sporting Rifle. .22cal Walther Semi auto/ bolt action sporting rifle. 20" barrel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

walther no 1 or 2 thats almost the same as my old one, semi auto when you leave the bolt unlocked but single shot if you close it , mine used to let 3 go with one pull of the trigger :eek: if you left it semi, so i got rid, there are lots of those about and i'd say a lot got handed in earlier in the year try john green i think he has or had one he might be able to help

landkeeper wrote: »
    walther no 1 or 2 thats almost the same as my old one, semi auto when you leave the bolt unlocked but single shot if you close it , mine used to let 3 go with one pull of the trigger :eek: if you left it semi, so i got rid, there are lots of those about and i'd say a lot got handed in earlier in the year try john green i think he has or had one he might be able to help

It's not mine just a friends.
    i was hoping there was somewhere I could just purchase one and instal myself for teh old codger that owns it.

Some pics
    attachment.php?attachmentid=139419&d=1292353932
    with the Bolt closed
    attachment.php?attachmentid=139423&d=1292354322

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

Some pics
    attachment.php?attachmentid=139419&d=1292353932
    with the Bolt closed
    attachment.php?attachmentid=139423&d=1292354322

This may be the model you are looking for , if it is I may be able to get the part your looking for if you cant get it in Ireland . Let me know if I can help

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    This may be the model you are looking for , if it is I may be able to get the part your looking for if you cant get it in Ireland . Let me know if I can help

Yep, that looks to be the one!

Can you PM me on any details required!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I think we need a model number.

Can this be fired in either semi or bolt action mode?

Some pictures which may help to identify.
    http://www.carlwalther.com/hunting.htm

Or contact the above people with images if no-one can identify.

Model 1
    r_modell_1.jpg

Model 2
    r_modell_2.jpg

I'll get a few better pics tomorrow

Its in a RFD's awaiting the part. It's been broken 2 years, so it would be great to get it back in action

I think it's the one with the short mag

I got a mate to send me some pics, his camera is not great but it should indicate the model

attachment.php?attachmentid=139469&d=1292366448

attachment.php?attachmentid=139470&d=1292366473

Advertisement