Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing in Banna / Ballybunion./...

Options
  • 13-12-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As opposed to constantly hitting CLare, I'm going to go to Kerry one of the days, as it's not that much further than Lahinch etc.

I've been down in Kerry with the board before, but not for a few years now...

I would assume the beaches are relatively safe for surfers. From what I know they are, but I am always nervous first time I go somewhere new...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I wouldnt bother with ballybunnion, its fairly ****e. Go for inch or castlegregory imo. Cant beat the scenery down there, great backdrops to the surf spots! enjoy man :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

yeah, castlegregory is a great spot , I would go down whenever I get the chance, I was just thinking of somewhere closer to Limerick that I hadn't been.
    I was speaking to a longboarder about Banna recently, which I might sample...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Banna is fairly meh. Its just conveniently close to Tralee. Brandon bay picks up far more swell and suits a bigger variety of wind and swell directions.

Advertisement