Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bargain for someone.

Options
  • 13-12-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Someone on Ebay is an awful speller, causing a very expensive scope not to appear under searches.

I seen this happen before with a Swarovski scope that didn't make anywhere near its value because the name was mis-spelt.

I don't have the cash, but someone on here might be after a quality scope...

Item number: 330506652438

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Ah why, why when I'm always broke! I was bloody broke last time one of them came up, and that was for €600 !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

johngalway wrote: »
    Ah why, why when I'm always broke! I was bloody broke last time one of them came up, and that was for €600 !!!!!!!!

I know, it breaks my heart- I'm a Schmidt man thru and thru!

I thought someone on this forum may as well get the bargain, if they can avoid getting into a bidding war!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

bought one 2 weeks ago for 800 euro so dis one better not sell for cheaper:D

€800 is a Very good price.
    I have had Schmidts, and I currently use a Leupold on my main rifle- there is no comaprison between the glass.

ya it was too good a price to refuse, pity i havent got to use it much yet as i ran into trouble with my rifle when i went to zero it so its gone to the gunsmith now, hopefully it'll be back as good as new soon enough,but from the few shots i got to fire with it, the glass was amazing, especially coming from a hawke scope, huge step up in quality and price but worth it as far as i can see, cant recommend them enough

• Advertisement

Ferghal will get it sorted for you mate- He's a pro...

Take it out on the next full-moon and have a look at sheep (if a fox isn't available for a pose) and you'll see just how good the glass is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

No reserve? :eek:

I'm gonna bid €50 :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I have that exact model and it's a real cracker. Same reticle and all, and I paid £750 for it, which is still a great price, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tonytoc11

ezridax wrote: »
    No reserve? :eek:

I'm gonna bid €50 :D
    You can't...there's a starting bid of £650.

His spelling is brutal though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Talking about E-bay do any of you use a "sniping tool" to palce your bid 20 seconds before the end of the auction????

Good little tip here as you don't have to be there on e-bay waiting till the end of the auction the sniping tool does it all for you.

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    Talking about E-bay do any of you use a "sniping tool" to palce your bid 20 seconds before the end of the auction????

Good little tip here as you don't have to be there on e-bay waiting till the end of the auction the sniping tool does it all for you.

Does it come with a drop chart? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

tonytoc11 wrote: »
    You can't...there's a starting bid of £650.

His spelling is brutle though

Don't you mean brutal?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tonytoc11

murph226 wrote: »
    Don't you mean brutal?
    Haha I suppose I did

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

AHHHH... just copped this lads ...and the bidding is over :(:( allways the same :mad:
    i wonder did anyone on here get it ...

ian

But, there something striking me as not quite right? It was bought the month before off ebay for £843 and now is being sold for (perhaps) £650, with no reserve. Seems like quite a risk to the seller?

+1 there john ,,,
    the phrase" too good to be true" springs to mind ,also the lens caps are "scratched "but on the original sellers info there was no mention of any damage ???

Dunno, he says it does the box test no problem... I'd love one only I think I'm gonna stick with the leupold...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Thanks for the heads up Glensman - I bought the scope, Had a chat with the seller, seemed genuine fella plus paid for it via paypal.
    Weather permitting i should have it just before xmas :D

Now il have to figure out how to use it :o

best of luck with it lad

All the best with it mate. Let us know how it goes!

• Advertisement

wear well rooski ,,,enjoy it

ian

Advertisement