Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know this question comes practically bi-yearly but..?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

What is an acceptable amount to be writing in an hour exam which has two questions?

10 minutes to set up which leaves 25 minutes give or take per question, how much is expected to be written per question in 25 minutes do you guys think?

Cheers and sorry for this ancient question i absolutely cannot remember what i used to write in similar scenarios last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

How long is a piece of string :)

I did a science degree for my undergrad so not sure what is expected in an hour long 2 Q exam, as we didn't really have essay style questions.

However in my masters we do write essays. Our exam format is one long question and 3 short questions (2 hour exam). I've been writing about 3 - 4 pages in the long question and 1 1/2 - 2 in the short. Though you could write 2 pages of genius work and get a better grade than 10 pages of drivel.

Its not all about length, its what you do with it ;)

Hope that's of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

WeeBushy wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

WeeBushy wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement