Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking ship for Quay, Waterford City

• 14-12-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Did anybody see the report on the news at 6 on rte about the Viking ship being built for the Quay ..... Fantastic Idea & well done to all involved!

I'm sure there will be a few eejits knocking the project as there always is ............ but I for one am looking forward to seeing the Viking ship in the suir ................. anybody know where exactly it is going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sounds cool, I imagine it'll end up near Reggies Tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Yeah seen it on there website earlier,link

Wonder where they are going to put it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Down by the tower would be my pick, near Waterford Crystal then.

Great Idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

comeraghs wrote: »
    Did anybody see the report on the news at 6 on rte about the Viking ship being built for the Quay ..... Fantastic Idea & well done to all involved!

Can we use it to pillage New Ross and Kilkenny Town?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fit it with a giant slingshot and aim it high across the river ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hope they fireproof it and lock it good and secure otherwise it won't last long in this town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

will people be allowed on board the ship I wonder or is it only for looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

will people be allowed on board the ship I wonder or is it only for looking at?

I hope we're allowed on board!
    That ****'d be fuuun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

wonder will the K team try to de face it and claim it as their own :D

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    wonder will the K team try to de face it and claim it as their own :D
    Its being build to fight the K-Team. I reckon our Longship can take their ****ty little K-Team van.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

The k-team have had a little fight amongst themselves & have basicly disappeared ..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

anyway back to topic!

I hope this project results in these jobs staying .... I imagine that there is potential to sell these boats to maybe somewhere in Newfoundland or even to Las Vegas or Disney .....

or if they don't have similar projects already in Scandanavia ... back to Viking homeland!

or if they don't have similar projects already in Scandanavia ... back to Viking homeland!

Flat-pack longships!!!

This time next year we'll be millionaires!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

A fantastic idea, well done to all involved. Lets hope it's finished in time for the Tall Ships!

Advertisement