Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

window replacement

• 14-12-2010 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

hi, our house is up on 40 years old and has double glazing aluminium windows. we are hoping to get them replaced with PVC. Is there a grant available for this sort of upgrade?

i know there is a grant available for cavity & attic insulation, but i heard a romour that a grant is available for window replacement too.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

There was some announcement in the budget about new grants - might be worth holding off until these details are clearer.

There are no grants on double glazing at the moment as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

There are or were grants available through some local county councils but it depends on your personal circumstances and they usually have a very small budget for these grants but it might be worth a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ianmurphy

There are grants availible but the council make you hop through a lot of hoops. You have to be over 65 and the is a reem of paperwork that has to be completed. If you call you local council they will help.

Advertisement