Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septum Piercing

• 14-12-2010 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

Looking to get mine done but was just wondering can you actually hide them up
    your nose? (someone said you could and i feel like ive been lied to)

About how much will it set me back?

And i know it'll hurt and it's just pure cartilage but is it better or worse than a scaffold? (Just wanna know what to expect, gettin my next tattoo and lip done again on the same day so i wanna know how much of a lie down ill need)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Sparkles:) wrote: »

And i know it'll hurt and it's just pure cartilage but is it better or worse than a scaffold? (Just wanna know what to expect, gettin my next tattoo and lip done again on the same day so i wanna know how much of a lie down ill need)
    Yes you can hide them. It is usually pierced with a titanium retainer which just flips up inside your nose.
    Price, as with all mods varies, but expect around €40-€50
    There are 2 schools of thought on piercing septums. Some piercers pierce through the cartilage itself and yes that hurts like a bitch. Eyes water, nose throbs and swells, in fact you know you've been pierced. School 2 uses whats called the "sweet spot", a small piece of soft tissue just at the base of the septum. Imagine having your lobes pierced, with a little eye watering thrown in for good measure, well thats how it feels.
    As a piercer I know which method I prefer to use and which my clients are happiest with. My advice to you is talk to whoever's piercing you and hear what they have to say. But remember, just because a studio is good with a tattoo machine doesn't mean they are good with a piercing needle so choose each one because they are the best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sparkles:) wrote: »

If any piercer pierced through my cartilage instead of the sweet spot they would seriously regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If any piercer pierced through my cartilage instead of the sweet spot they would seriously regret it.
    Unfortunately Raze, as we all know only to well, some still do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

hmm i was basing my knowledge on septum piercings on my brother who got his done over 10 years ago... and that sweet spot sounds much nicer than what he was telling me!

Thanks! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Hi Sparkles

I had my septum pierced by Steve in Snakebite (Abbey St in Dublin) in April. Think it cost me about €40, and he pierced in between the cartilage so no pain whatsoever. No tears, no blood. It healed really easily; no endless salt soaking etc, it's a self-cleaning self-healing magically-wonderful-lazy-girl piercing! :D

The initial piercing was done with a little stud, flat on one side & rubber ring on the other to hold it in place. Then after 6 (I think) weeks I changed it for an open ring (horse-shoe shape, dunno what to call it). I needed to get the ring opened slightly to be able to twist that up into my nose. So now I can hide it in a second. Dead handy! :cool:

Maybe worth mentioning when you go to get it done that you want to be able to hide it easily, so your piercer can tell you if they think you're suitable. Might affect the placement of the piercing too.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

not too bothered about hiding it atm, but i'm doing law in college and can't really have visibles for presentations etc but thanks for the info!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Had mine done a couple of years ago, and it was easily the most painless piercing I've ever had - getting my earlobes done probably hurt more, and I'm a wuss when it comes to needles! It's very easily hidden, too. The only problem I had with it was the retainer that was initially put in, something like this

amazon_B000HM7UI6.jpg

kept falling out at night while I slept. Considering getting it done again though!

Advertisement