Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manga Cancels Fma Brotherhood on Bluray

Options
  • 14-12-2010 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Source

“Manga Home Entertainment has announced today that it will discontinue Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Blu-ray. Manga had released so far two FMA titles in the UK: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part One in August and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part Two just one week ago. This “difficult decision” has been caused by “the high production costs of producing the series on Blu-ray and the disappointingly low sales of Part 1 and 2 on the format.”

I wait like a month after the US release just to buy the blurays off manga to support them. This decision is so >.< ,I mean funimation does all the mastering and manga just slap there label on it FFS… how much can that really cost?, Well Manga can go F**k themselves in the future cos Im just going to buy my bluray from funimation and not wait an extra month for nothing .. “End Rant lolz”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

The first volume on blu-ray only sold 750 copies and as a series goes on the sales per volume decline, theres no point in them selling them if they lose money on every release and anyway only 1.5 million blu rays have been sold in the uk this year.

CDH wrote: »
    anyway only 1.5 million blu rays have been sold in the uk this year.

You are talking complete and utter bollocks. The British Video Association earlier this year announced that 2.7 million Blu Rays were sold in the UK in the first three months of the year alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

13 episodes, £20-25 online?
    I'm slightly surprised.

Then again.
    Physical media is dying.
    So eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Thing is people are not going to wait for manga releses if they keep pulling this, I mean you can get fma brotherhood blurays off funimation for $19.99 excluding postage and funimation release it like 3 months earlier. Still though i assume the 750 people that bought ot where the only people who didnt import it lol.

Edit : Just to make things worse funimation are going to region code there remaining fma brotherhood bluray discs lol, so the only way to finish this series is to import it from madman ent in australia ... Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

You are talking complete and utter bollocks. The British Video Association earlier this year announced that 2.7 million Blu Rays were sold in the UK in the first three months of the year alone.
    My mistake, but manga confirmed they only sold 750 copies, I must of misread the other part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

750 is stunning - major loss for them :/

Wonder what the other series run about...

Is it even possible to import the madman australian releases to Ireland, manga and funimation are seriously screwing UK & Irish consumers now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I wouldn't have wanted the Blu Ray version anyway but this is still crap news. Yay for getting screwed over ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I only tend to buy a series in one go after it's release, while this won't stop anyone who does want the series on Blu-ray it's a bit ****e.

Thank god most Blu-rays are region free, still don't like getting American movies as all that "coming soon" stuff is at the start and not in a section in a sub menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Varik wrote: »
    I only tend to buy a series in one go after it's release, while this won't stop anyone who does want the series on Blu-ray it's a bit ****e.

Thank god most Blu-rays are region free, still don't like getting American movies as all that "coming soon" stuff is at the start and not in a section in a sub menu.

This is just an example of companies not seeing a market which could be exploited. Interest in anime and manga is growing year on year in Ireland and the UK. I mean, all they have to do is keep their dvds region free...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I'm not that surprised that Blu-Ray sales are low. I'd still see it as an emerging format.

While I know anecdotal evidence counts for nothing, I can still count the people I know who own Blu-Ray players on one hand. Course there's also a lot of PS3s floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Do PS3s play Blu Ray?! Never knew that >_< I've had a Blu Ray player sitting under my nose all this time so! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

@Artwolf lol, + I've beem using my ps3 as a bluray player since launch and its still the fastest and most up to date player out there :).

I've also found out that you can order blurays direct from madman australias website as they ship to Ireland, It costs about €10 more than the manga bluray releases but its the only way I'm going to be able to see fma brotherhood on bluray :(

You picked the wrong blu-ray ad there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Anxiety

NOOO D: that is stupid >:( i wanted fma brotherhood on bluray :(

You can still order the Australian version but it'll cost around 10 euro more than the manga versions on amazon, I recommend http://www.atlanticdvd.com.au/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

are they not region locked?

are they not region locked?

A lot of Blu-rays are region free such as the first FMA discs but the last US release of FMA was region locked, in either case there are less regions with Blu-ray and we're in B same as Australia.

800px-Blu-ray_regions_with_key.png

Advertisement