Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've a horse outside!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Tenger wrote: »
    He certainly was able to argue his case well......

And while I think it was weird for Willie O'Dea to be defending them it is good that he isn't trying to close them down.....

Well he is an art teacher sure isn't he? They are far from stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

mathepac, not any more, I'm here(Ireland) but did indeed live in north west London for many years. The point I was trying to make was that this is funny no matter where you're from, if you are open minded and have a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

ricero wrote: »
    im from dublin and i enjoy the tune its clever but i think the song was intended for cultchies not dubs for sum reason i say cultchies love this tune

:confused:

The song has references to house parties, jocking horses, boy racer cars, and bags of ecstasy tablets.

How is the weather there with y'all in Dublin, Georgia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

NWPat wrote: »
    ... The point I was trying to make was that this is funny no matter where you're from, if you are open minded and have a sense of humour.
    Sound, fáilte romhat go hÉireann agus ar boards.ie.

Yeah the crux of it not to have suffered the post-Budget sense of humour deficit.

Spurs or Arsenal (or cricket) :) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

topper75 wrote: »
    :confused:

The song has references to house parties, jocking horses, boy racer cars, and bags of ecstasy tablets.

How is the weather there with y'all in Dublin, Georgia?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

god i cant get the song out of my head, its just so catchy :o but def for people who live outside Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is the bridesmaid famous or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

littlemis wrote: »
    What I am interested to know is why so against Rubberbandits,is it because of where they come from?????.............
    To my ears they are just an Irish version of Goldie Looking Chain.......catchy tunes, ironic lyrics, seen as 'glamourizing the yob culture' by people with no sense of satire...........

I got that fecking song stuck in my head now.............

Anyone remember the furore about the Beastie Boys in the UK about 20 years ago? It even got mentioned in the House of Commons............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

"you can't sing, you cant dance, you look awful. *Kit Kat snaps* You'll go a long way"

Im a musical snob but i find this tune and video very entertaining. Im not calling it good music, but it entertains me.

I think the RB's probably landed a fluke with their timing. The country is in shoite and most people are well jaded of the nonsense of X Factor. Completely out of the blue comes this ludricous off the wall song with a mental video set in Limerick. Its a complete escapism and entertainment. It doesnt feel forced and the brazenness of it reeks of the Irish divilment that we as a nation are really good at.

You have 2 lads with plastic bags on their heads, singing about riding some bird like a horse, and they were on the Late Late Show as well as being featured on CNBC.

You cant deny, love it or hate it, fluke or no fluke, the planets aligned on this one. Will it have longevity? Of course not, but lets enjoy the moment while it lasts! Not even Crystal Swing got the international notarity that RB has.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

faceman wrote: »
    "you can't sing, you cant dance, you look awful. *Kit Kat snaps* You'll go a long way"

Im a musical snob but i find this tune and video very entertaining. Im not calling it good music, but it entertains me.

I think the RB's probably landed a fluke with their timing. The country is in shoite and most people are well jaded of the nonsense of X Factor. Completely out of the blue comes this ludricous off the wall song with a mental video set in Limerick. Its a complete escapism and entertainment. It doesnt feel forced and the brazenness of it reeks of the Irish divilment that we as a nation are really good at.

You have 2 lads with plastic bags on their heads, singing about riding some bird like a horse, and they were on the Late Late Show as well as being featured on CNBC.

You cant deny, love it or hate it, fluke or no fluke, the planets aligned on this one. Will it have longevity? Of course not, but lets enjoy the moment while it lasts! Not even Crystal Swing got the international notarity that RB has.

Rubberbandits haven't just come along. They've been around a fair few years at this stage. You could, very easily argue, they are getting the credit they deserve and that their songs are an apt social commentary as opposed to being about riding a bird like a horse/being in the RA/etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

the amount of people that think they're scumbags and don't get that it's a comedy act:rolleyes:

I love it! the video is just hilarious:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

crystal****ingschwing can suck my pipe

are they still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

I see myself of having a great sense of humour but this doesn't float my boat at all funny at first but its a complete mockery of not only the Irish (as if we aren't laughed at enough as it is) but the music industry soo count me out on this one, I think I'd much prefer to see the likes of 'brandon flowers', 'cold play' or 'the script' for example to warrant a christmas No. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

francie81 wrote: »
    I see myself of having a great sense of humour but this doesn't float my boat at all funny at first but its a complete mockery of not only the Irish (as if we aren't laughed at enough as it is) but the music industry soo count me out on this one, I think I'd much prefer to see the likes of 'brandon flowers', 'cold play' or 'the script' for example to warrant a christmas No. 1
    zzzzzzz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I see myself of having a great sense of humour but this doesn't float my boat at all funny at first but its a complete mockery of not only the Irish (as if we aren't laughed at enough as it is) but the music industry soo count me out on this one
    ]

Yes its a complete mockery of the Irish because we all go around with bags on heads buying horses with bags of yokes... :rolleyes:

... and oh nos, they're mocking the music industry? I can't see how they're doing that but maybe, just maybe the record industry deserves to be mocked a bit when you see how it takes the piss out of its artists.
    I think I'd much prefer to see the likes of 'brandon flowers', 'cold play' or 'the script' for example to warrant a christmas No. 1

I think I rather eat my own testicles than have any of them at number 1. I'd rather be laughing at Christmas than being bored to death by the over sincere warblings of some pretty boy but hey viva le difference!

SPURS!!! (Arsenal are a south London club) and yes I was seduced by the devil that is cricket

This does not reflect my views and I do not find it funny:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

You have to look very hard to find the irony in it. Its all in bad taste. The guys with the plastic bags are giving us a bad name outside of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGodBen

eddie73 wrote: »
    You have to look very hard to find the irony in it.
    Yes, because drugged-up scumbags that ride horses always get the beautiful girl. :rolleyes:

You would have to be a self-righteous, stuck-up, Joe Duffy-listener not to see the irony in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MrHankey

This is a great song but check out “Bag of Glue” its lyrics are much funnier!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Anyone know if you can buy the song online so it will get registered for the Irish charts but without going through iTunes?

You have to look very hard to find the irony in it. Its all in bad taste. The guys with the plastic bags are giving us a bad name outside of ireland

Why are people so many people concerned about the rubberbandits making us a bad name internationally? I think that the present government and banking sector have taken care of that already. If you can't see the irony in it I reckon you're too filled with self righteous ire to be able to take it at its face value - a pisstake on how many people perceive Limerick. Seriously, there's many things that are truly in bad taste in this country, a couple of guys taking the mick with bad Limerick accents isn't one of them.

Also, the Joe Duffy show devoted to the song was one of the best things I have ever heard and a masterclass in how one person (the Rubberbandit Blindboy) can with reasoning lay the arguments of a few smallminded people, hyped up on tabloid outrage, to waste.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Why are people so many people concerned about the rubberbandits making us a bad name internationally? I think that the present government and banking sector have taken care of that already. If you can't see the irony in it I reckon you're too filled with self righteous ire to be able to take it at its face value - a pisstake on how many people perceive Limerick. Seriously, there's many things that are truly in bad taste in this country, a couple of guys taking the mick with bad Limerick accents isn't one of them.

Also, the Joe Duffy show devoted to the song was one of the best things I have ever heard and a masterclass in how one person (the Rubberbandit Blindboy) can with reasoning lay the arguments of a few smallminded people, hyped up on tabloid outrage, to waste.

Yeah but its still crap :pac:

im not a self righteous joe duffy listener. the song stinks.

Crap? Stinks? That is very harsh, Its original, funny and lots of people like it. Now, all those who like it may have not have the same tastes as you, that does not make it crap. Why not explain why you think its crap or just say you don't like it. Or why not consider the idea that you are wrong, completly out of touch, and have very poor judgment. And I bet you know who Joe Duffy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Big H wrote: »
    I think its all about where in Ireland your from ..
    I doubt D4's would like it for some reason (could be wrong)

Seems like a song for the culchies really . About time :P

I am a culchiee throught and through
    and I think it's the biggest load of
    rubbish ever.

The same D4 v contry argument was made for people liking the 'hardy bucks'.

The 'hardy bucks' are funny, these guys are not

Whats not funny about it is that they are copying limerick drug dealers. The plastic bag over head thing was done before by a crim who was attending a court hearing in limerick. Swapped it for a bag of yokes is a bag of e tablets. Watch the video and wait for the kids to start copying them over the next week or so.

Whats not funny about it is that they are copying limerick drug dealers. The plastic bag over head thing was done before by a crim who was attending a court hearing in limerick. Swapped it for a bag of yokes is a bag of e tablets. Watch the video and wait for the kids to start copying them over the next week or so.

Were you deprived of oxygen at birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGodBen

im not a self righteous joe duffy listener. the song stinks.
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. What you're not entitled to do is to claim that there's very little irony in the song when it is absolutely dripping with it.
    Whats not funny about it is that they are copying limerick drug dealers.
    Not copying, satirising. They're not acting like drugged-up scumbags because they think it's cool, they're taking the piss out of real-life scumbags by exaggerating their most prominent traits. Saying that the Rubberbandits are endorsing that culture is like saying that Brass Eye was endorsing sensationalist journalism.
    The plastic bag over head thing was done before by a crim who was attending a court hearing in limerick. Swapped it for a bag of yokes is a bag of e tablets. Watch the video and wait for the kids to start copying them over the next week or so.
    :pac:

Just listen to this and realise how wrong you are:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

First heard this song on Friday and it's a great track very catchy and fair play to the lads :), from the Joe Duffy interview they are well able to defend the song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement