Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've a horse outside!

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

First heard this song on Friday and it's a great track very catchy and fair play to the lads :), from the Joe Duffy interview they are well able to defend the song.

If Snake Plisken endorses this, it can only be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

paddy power had it at 1/8 yesterday. His not taking bets today.wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Maybe its because I havent seen the tv show they are off (Im in Australia) but....I dont get it much. Only bothered watching it because everyones Facebook status seems to be about it.

The bird in it is an absoloute ride mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

This songs merits and faults aside..

I don't get the logic behind the idea, that if xfactor is ruining the charts, we should collectivity buy a novelty single or dig up an old song via downloads to "beat it to the number one spot"

I'll stick to buying what I like and ignoring the charts/xfactor.

I did enjoy the liveline show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,100 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just love how this song ignites sucha debate over it's qualities, faults, misconceptions, etc. Pretty much makes it the exact same as every other bit of music out there. Everyone has their own view.

As for the song itself, and being a Limerick "culchie", i think it's fantastic. The Rubberbandits, starting with their prank calls nearly 10 years ago, could not have imagined they would be where they are today with the same characters.

What people really really need to understand is that they are not actual "scummbags", they are satirically (is that a word?) playing the role of the expected city scummer, doing what the expected city scummer is expected to do. As Blindboy pointed out in the Liveline debate, there is a part in teh video where "Enda" with the Honda says he was brought up in a house where his parents were doing drugs and it didn't damage him, yet the exact next scene a man is shaking his head to show that no-one believes that. That is a typical directorial technique used to show that what "Enda" is saying is bull.

And for the people that don't like them, fair enough, thats your view, i for one hate Hardy Bucks, i think it's utter crap, but it's because i don't get the whole thing, because i don't understand the type of comedy where they're from (Meath isn't it?!?). But i don't go around saying that it's ruining our children and causing them to do x, y and z. Nor do i believe that people go around kicking the poop out of their girlfriends and buring the house down because they listened to Love the Way you Lie.

The Rubberbandits are genius, they are taking the pi$$ in a very ironic and satirical way. People are not meant to take it at face value, and shouldn't do so. All you need to do is listen to the rest of their songs, and Up The Ra in particular (another genius song!). For Art such as the music of the Rubberbandits, people should have the cop on to do a bit of research before jumping on the moaning and complaining bandwagon.

/Rant

Oh, and it's nothing to do with X-Factor, it just happened to come out at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I thought the song was funny but the joe duffy interview is comedy gold!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

i work in a hotel and when they play this in the night club
    the crowd go bananas and start singing and doing the actions hahahaha
    i think its sillly but very catching

hahaha typical ireland though
    at least its better than them two ******s jedward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I love this song!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

who's the other bridesmaid (not mulqueen)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Evo wrote: »
    who's the other bridesmaid (not mulqueen)?
    she's a student in trinity I think, she's an experienced rider and that's her on the horse with the bag on her head at the very end of video too
    it was in the independent today, can't remember her name though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

magentas wrote: »
    she's a student in trinity I think, she's an experienced rider and that's her on the horse with the bag on her head at the very end of video too
    it was in the independent today, can't remember her name though
    No she's also in Limerick, (its not her on the horse at the end either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

irishjay wrote: »
    i work in a hotel and when they play this in the night club
    the crowd go bananas and start singing and doing the actions hahahaha
    i think its sillly but very catching

hahaha typical ireland though
    at least its better than them two ******s jedward

The song is a laugh and a good piss take, but i wont putting it near a cd player in a nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The song is a laugh and a good piss take, but i wont putting it near a cd player in a nightclub

Why would there be a CD player in a club? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Kold wrote: »
    Why would there be a CD player in a club? o.O

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patsyboy

i watched this video on you tube about 10 times over the Christmas hols. its in its way to 4 million hits.

my view is that it is an original piece of art. not just the song but the video also. Its not an endorsement of drugs but its a brilliant, left handed, out there, revolutionary comment on a section of ireland with multiple undertones that tell us what we have become and where we should be looking, with plenty sex to keep it interesting. Johnny Rotten has not been forgotten!

Here s my take on it.

The guy who says he was not affected by being raised around drugs and drink parties.. well just look at him. He a loser!
    The hero is presented with a challenge... to pull the girl. How does he do it? He exposes the "rebels of society"..the boy racers in the video, by exposing them as conformists.. and confirming my theory that women like a real rebel, always.
    The boy racers are like many of the the rest of Irish society, they think they are special or "entitled" but are not thinking outside the box to get a unique solution to solving the problem, in this case pulling the girl. They re a bunch of muppets. Remind you of your leaders folks?
    This is further reflected in the wholesale knocking the song got on the Joe Duffy show. When are we going to wake up? The smuggness of the boy racers reflects a lot of Irish attitude. When that is gone from here the country will lift like magic.

For all those people that dont get it, I'm glad. Now I know I'm special. Proud of my Irishness and happy to embrace free expression. It's the way forward. We need it.. now more than ever.

Its going to take balls and inventiveness like this to fix Ireland, folks. Raw facing up to the facts and applying unique talent to our own situation. Fair play to the lads!

As for me.. well, I've a horse outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Giddy up now baby, bless my soul
    I rode the ****er round a field back since he was a foal
    He runs a bit like Shergar, and he jumps like Tír na nÓg
    He looks like Billy Piper after half an ounce of coke
    and the boys are lookin jealous, as I lead yer one away
    and just before I close the door I look at her and say
    Would you be my girl, and she says I will of course
    if ya grab me by the ponytail and ride me like a horse
    ya!
    :cool::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭davebloggs

A sight better than U2 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Giddy up now baby, bless my soul
    I rode the ****er round a field back since he was a foal
    He runs a bit like Shergar, and he jumps like Tír na nÓg
    He looks like Billy Piper after half an ounce of coke
    and the boys are lookin jealous, as I lead yer one away
    and just before I close the door I look at her and say
    Would you be my girl, and she says I will of course
    if ya grab me by the ponytail and ride me like a horse
    ya!
    :cool::D

I think it's of kowis, not of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

4.2 million hits on youtube and rising.

Holy crap. That's pretty cool.
    Even if all the kids are watching it 100 times each, it's not bad exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Nearly 5 Million Now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Theres a lot better out there than this song, even if it is supposed to b a bit of craic. Its lame enough. 6 months later there will b something else in its place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Well after all the asphyxiations that occurred over the festive period from kids copying the Rubberbandits by putting plastic bags over their heads I just can't bring myself to listen to this song anymore…

…Damn you Rubberbandits, damn you to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

eddie73 wrote: »
    Theres a lot better out there than this song, even if it is supposed to b a bit of craic. Its lame enough. 6 months later there will b something else in its place

YES their next song/video..

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

Well after all the asphyxiations that occurred over the festive period from kids copying the Rubberbandits by putting plastic bags over their heads I just can't bring myself to listen to this song anymore…

…Damn you Rubberbandits, damn you to hell!

Any confirmation on this? or is it just random spec.. sorry crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

This thread is over 10 months old. If you want to talk about this, start a new one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement