Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an outgoing mail service - get rid of 'on behalf of'

Options
  • 14-12-2010 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I have to use Virgin Media in the UK quite a bit right now. The issue I'm having is the mail service they use is a version of gmail and it's adding 'on behalf of' to my outgoing outlook emails. This looks unprofessional and I need to change it. I'm assuming that I'll need a different outgoing email service. Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

What domain is your primary email address on? Have you tried using their servers from the UK? You will likely have to enable one of the outgoing mail authentication methods in outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Zab wrote: »
    What domain is your primary email address on? Have you tried using their servers from the UK? You will likely have to enable one of the outgoing mail authentication methods in outlook.

Hey sorry working night and day to get stuff finished for Christmas.

There are a couple of domains I use for work. Always just used whatever broadband provided I'm on at the time. This time on Virgin Media I have to securely login and it always does that on behalf of crap in outlook and some other email clients. It's a re-branded Gmail and there is no way to stop it as far as I can tell. So I need to get an outgoing email service that won't add this on-behalf of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

they have really screwed me up this time,cannot open mail or anything else what a [censored] up they always make

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Don't you have access to email with your hosting provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Probably too late now but gmail based setups have an option in their settings which will relay mail through the smtp server belonging to the domain mail server (assuming you can authenticate to that), which removes the on-behalf of.

Also sure you have to use Virgin Media ISP for the internet connection, but you may be able to bypass their mail server if you can connect to your own mail service provider using a port other than SMTP 25 (port 587 is recommended if available)

• Advertisement
Advertisement