Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam results

Options
  • 14-12-2010 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

around what date do the results come out and how do we recieve them? is it by email? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

pkeane wrote: »
    around what date do the results come out and how do we recieve them? is it by email? thanks

they are out on the 20th of january 2011 as shown on the academic calender here
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar

you can access them from this portal http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn using your ul id and pasword that you used to register for your modules

the website is normally very slow on the day that they come out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

hope that answers all of your questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pkeane

20th of jan... ah here.. thats ages away.....
    :(:( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tones66

mayo_lad wrote: »

you can access them from this portal http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn using your ul id and pasword that you used to register for your modules

the website is normally very slow on the day that they come out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do we get a letter? or is that only for the summer results?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Tones66 wrote: »
    Do we get a letter? or is that only for the summer results?

No letters at all in January.

The letter in the summer is only for modules you have failed.

Your results are only given to you via the UL website.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Just logged into student records, just wondering is there a link where you go then to access the results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

mulner92 wrote: »
    Just logged into student records, just wondering is there a link where you go then to access the results?

The link will appear when they are available.

Failing that, just look at your student transcript and they'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

mayo_lad wrote: »

I tried to log in there but it didnt work?

Trader1991 wrote: »
    I tried to log in there but it didnt work?

Just tested it myself. Was able to login no problem.

Be sure your using the right password.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

TheTownie wrote: »
    Just tested it myself. Was able to login no problem.

Be sure your using the right password.

Is it the same user name and password as on sulis?

Trader1991 wrote: »
    Is it the same user name and password as on sulis?

No. My outlook studentmail password is the same though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

My password is the one i picked on day 1 back in first year, so make sure you try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

Mine isn't logging on either, even though I'm sure I'm entering the right password/username (I have the same one for email and for SULIS, so it has to be the same one for student records too!)

Anyone else having the same issue? DAMN!!!

EDIT: Ok, it's working now...it seems that I must've paired the weirdest password ever with my ID number! Phew...was getting pretty panicked at this stage! :L

I had the same problem at christmas, i couldn't get into student records so i contacted the SAA and they sorted it for me.
    At the student records login
    1. Type in your id number
    2. Put 9999 into the password
    It'll allow you to choose a new password and you should be sorted.
    Good luck tomorrow, i bet i won't sleep tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

TheTownie wrote: »
    No letters at all in January.

The letter in the summer is only for modules you have failed.

Your results are only given to you via the UL website.

I'm not sure, a few people I know got a letter today saying they failed a module.

toodleytoo wrote: »
    I'm not sure, a few people I know got a letter today saying they failed a module.

My mate didn't get one last January but it is very possible they have change how they do things and are now sending out letters in January too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

SarahBeep! just cleared up the letters mystery for me, if you are on co-op or erasmus next semester you will get a letter, otherwise the letter won't come until the end of the summer semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

mud wrote: »
    SarahBeep! just cleared up the letters mystery for me, if you are on co-op or erasmus next semester you will get a letter, otherwise the letter won't come until the end of the summer semester.

Oh, that makes sense because they'll be on teaching practise.. thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

What time are they suppose to be out tomorrow? Morning or evening? Goin on the last few years like...

Tastyboy wrote: »
    What time are they suppose to be out tomorrow? Morning or evening? Goin on the last few years like...

I can never remember! lol If its not 9am, it will defo be 12am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

9am officially but bear in mind that there will be thousands of students trying to access their results so patience is definitely required!

• Advertisement

Cheers. Someone was telling me they were possible available after 12 tonight but I guess not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Good luck to everyone getting results tomorrow. Its hard to believe it was only last year when I was getting mine, the time flies, enjoy every moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oldspice

hey was just on the site there and went into modules that i am registered for and went into each module and it was like target 999 and actual 645 is that my result or what???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

oldspice wrote: »
    hey was just on the site there and went into modules that i am registered for and went into each module and it was like target 999 and actual 645 is that my result or what???

No- thats to do with the number of students doing the module.

Nothing is posted on moodle regarding final results as far as I know. Guess we'll have to do the wait until the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oldspice

Thank you :D because if it was id be sayiny bye bye to college :D ha !!

Wish they were out at midnight don't know how i'll sleep but at least the wait is nearly over hope there is no nasty surprises awaiting.

I'd assume the IT people activate it in the morning, they start at 8.30 as far as I know. Then again when they were released on Mondays people were able to get them around 12 on the Friday night, not really sure how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

HI guys,

I'm in student records and I don't know where they are suppose to be. Just want to know so Im not arsing about in the morning. will they be available after 12 tonight by any chance

• Advertisement

They're not appearing currently. Red text appears until they are available, saying something about unavailable during grading. Also, I don't think they will be there until the morning

Advertisement