Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting the ce pet after you already have cata

Options
  • 14-12-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

ive been given the ce edition as a present but i already got the digital download. how can i use the ce pet and use the ce game code on another account ? is it even possible ? had a quick look at the ce box but couldnt see any voucher with the pets number on it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

I got the CE version of Cata, and at no point did I have to enter a code especially for the pet, I'm pretty sure it's tied to the game serial #. So if you've upgraded to Cata using the digital download, you'll already have an active Cata key associated to your account, and may not be able to use the CE one. My recommendation is to give the billing and accounts dept a call and see if there's anything they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The Roach wrote: »
    I got the CE version of Cata

Did you cash in on Landro's Gift Box?
    I got the Pet Biscuits out of it. Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The Lil Deathwing pet is bound to the CE code. Any account with upgraded with it gets the pet, its not a seperate code or anything. I have the Wrath collectors and any character on the CE account just gets mailed the pet as soon as they login after upgrading.

Though I think I saw something somewhere for Burning Crusade or Wrath about using a CE code to upgrade an account that already had the regular version upgraded on it. Call the accounts people and ask them, but Im not 100% on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

elexes wrote: »
    ive been given the ce edition as a present but i already got the digital download. how can i use the ce pet and use the ce game code on another account ? is it even possible ? had a quick look at the ce box but couldnt see any voucher with the pets number on it .

You can update your WoW account in battle.net under Manage games and add the CE cd-key. when doing this within 30 days of the release of cataclysm(or when you bought the digital download) you will be resent a new digital download cd-key for another account.

I done this myself, had the digital download ready for release, and bought the CE the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Columc wrote: »
    You can update your WoW account in battle.net under Manage games and add the CE cd-key. when doing this within 30 days of the release of cataclysm(or when you bought the digital download) you will be resent a new digital download cd-key for another account.

I done this myself, had the digital download ready for release, and bought the CE the next day

Did they email you the new key ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

Notorious wrote: »
    Did you cash in on Landro's Gift Box?
    I got the Pet Biscuits out of it. Absolutely useless.

Yeah, I got the Sandbox Tiger in mine, equally useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

The Roach wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the Sandbox Tiger in mine, equally useless!

Stupid question i know i have the cards in the box but how to i see what i got ?

Advertisement