Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 International Call Charges

• 14-12-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I normally use a 3rd party number or as of late I have been using tesco mobile for international calls.

This morning I made the mistake of dialing international call to Singapore from my O2 account.

It normally costs about 3cent per minute when I use tesco mobile. I have checked the call charges for O2 calls to Singapore and it turns out the charge is €2.47 per minute. :(.
    Total cost = €7.41. (I'm glad it was only a short call)

I have compared this to Vodafone regarding this cost of the same international call

Vodafone costs are for both prepay & bill pay

15c pm landlines

30c pm mobiles

15c per text.

I'm a longstanding O2 customer (over 14 years) I am not happy at these outrageous call charges and will be strongly thinking about switching providers. How can tesco who piggyback on the o2 network charge a few cents but O2 charge this crazy price.

Regards

Luckycharms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hi All

I normally use a 3rd party number or as of late I have been using tesco mobile for international calls.

This morning I made the mistake of dialing international call to Singapore from my O2 account.

It normally costs about 3cent per minute when I use tesco mobile. I have checked the call charges for O2 calls to Singapore and it turns out the charge is €2.47 per minute. :(.
    Total cost = €7.41. (I'm glad it was only a short call)

I have compared this to Vodafone regarding this cost of the same international call

Vodafone costs are for both prepay & bill pay

15c pm landlines

30c pm mobiles

15c per text.

I'm a longstanding O2 customer (over 14 years) I am not happy at these outrageous call charges and will be strongly thinking about switching providers. How can tesco who piggyback on the o2 network charge a few cents but O2 charge this crazy price.

Regards

Luckycharms

Should be 1.90 / minute, not 2.70

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Price+plans/Speakeasy+prepay/International+Rates/Singapore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Those prices quotes are for prepay

Im on bill pay & as a reward for being on bill pay O2 decide to charge you more than prepaid :D

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Price+plans/Pay+monthly/International+Rates/Singapore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Get out if you can,
    They are the worst network in Ireland and have no loyalty to their customers.
    I find 3 great so far

beagle001 wrote: »
    Get out if you can,
    They are the worst network in Ireland and have no loyalty to their customers.
    I find 3 great so far

Yeah I'm strongly thinking about doing that.
    I have posted in the O2 forums and will see what response I get.
    How do u find three on coverage. I'm thinking about Iphone4. The packages seem OK ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

I find coverage great on 3,got the iPhone 4 pay 40 a month and have yet to use up my minutes as free landlines.
    When I was on 02 never a bill under a hundred and I was on the 50 quid package.
    3 don't screw you like o2 seriously if I would have known this I would have dropped o2 last year.

• Advertisement

beagle001 wrote: »
    I find coverage great on 3,got the iPhone 4 pay 40 a month and have yet to use up my minutes as free landlines.
    When I was on 02 never a bill under a hundred and I was on the 50 quid package.
    3 don't screw you like o2 seriously if I would have known this I would have dropped o2 last year.

Cool.
    I'll defn check it out today.
    Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 virgo11s

o2 is worst in ireland at the moment , call prices are very high , i made mistake calling to pakistan
    from o2 it cost me 25 Euro for 8 mints where from lyca mobile i am paying 24 cents for the same
    call thats amazing

stupid o2 will be shutdown very soon i wish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

wow
    this thread was 2 Years old !

I'm glad that 02 haven't changed a bit !

Good for them !

Advertisement