Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council Discretionary Fund Projects

Options
  • 14-12-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Under the 2011 Council budget, each councillor has a fund of €40,000 for road, traffic and footpath works in their electoral area. This is to fund small projects that are not part of the general roads maintenance scheme.

If you have suggestions for projects in the Kildare LEA (Kildare Town, Monasterevin, Rathangan, Suncroft, Cutbush, Brownstown, Allen, Allenwood, Milltown, Kilmeague, Lackagh. Athgarvan and Newbridge), can you PM me and I will add to them to my list. I will publish a costed list of projects on my site and announce which ones have been selected in late January.

Last year, I used my budget to install traffic calming at Campion Crescent in Kildare Town, and to carry out footpath repairs in Milltown.

The current list of ideas is here.

Advertisement