Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear Advice

• 14-12-2010 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Well, its that time of year again when we have to decide what Santa is bringing us and I'm hoping this year he pays a visit to simplyscuba on my behalf.

Can anyone tell me what tank to get for general purpose use? I am thinking of a steel faber 232bar 12 litre tank, but scubapro do a more expensive one.

Is there any difference or are you paying for a name? Also, should I go for normal or short, or is it personal choice?

Also, I have my eye on a TUSA bcd. I have a few TUSA bits and they are good, but anyone have any experience with their bcds? Probably.going for the evolution cube.

Cheers.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Tanks will cost you a small fortune to send by post-IMHO buy this in Ireland also AFAIK if pressurised they cannot be sent by 'normal' overseas post or courier services.

Shop around (I dont know what part of the country you are in) but also try
    Aquaholics, they are based in NI-postage is FOC for IRL & there are no issues with delivering Tanks.

Sorry I cannot help with the BCD

https://ssl.utvinternet.com/aquaholics/browseProducts.asp?page=3&departmentID=6&manufacturerID=select&SEARCHTYPE=

Hope this helps

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

That's a good tip, thanks.

I'm back and forth on the ferry quite a bit so delivery isn't a problem. (I presume there are no issues with taking tanks on the ferry?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

I've read somewhere that there's sometimes an issue if they are pressurized although I'm not 100% certain. If you're using Air/Nitrox you could just depressurize the cylinder until you get it over, as the cost of the gas isn't much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

With Santy winging his way here, I'm sure I am too late.
    But the scubapro cylinders are faber cylinders too.
    There is no issue having them delivered, other than cost. They will be sent unfilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

i buy in cylinders abit . usually twin sets and ali 80 side slungs used for tec diving . the cylinders come with the valve separate for custom inspection . id ask for the to have the o2 clean sticker on them and get a lil o2 compatible grease for puttin the valve on .

iv bought things off simply scuba before they are grand . id check out other suppliers that are cheaper somtimes

divers wharehouse
    go dive
    deep blue scuba
    dive life

may save you a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

also if theres only a few quid in the differeance id spend it in a local shop

Advertisement